is GA Superman's power underrated

#1 Posted by comicdude23 (11399 posts) - - Show Bio

don't you think people forget that he stalemated SA Superman and reached SA levels, and even stalemated Current Superman in Infinite Crisis.

#2 Posted by ssejllenrad (12847 posts) - - Show Bio

GA Superman is quite vague really...

Was he the Earth 2 Superman that spanned the whole Silver Age of publication or was he the one that was directly created by Siegel and Shuster? The former is quite powerful being pre-crisis and all but he only stalemated SA Supes once. All their succeeding encounters after that showed that SA Supes outclasses him. The latter... Well... He is weak as sh*t.

#3 Posted by comicdude23 (11399 posts) - - Show Bio

@ssejllenrad said:

GA Superman is quite vague really...

Was he the Earth 2 Superman that spanned the whole Silver Age of publication or was he the one that was directly created by Siegel and Shuster? The former is quite powerful being pre-crisis and all but he only stalemated SA Supes once. All their succeeding encounters after that showed that SA Supes outclasses him. The latter... Well... He is weak as sh*t.

Earth 2 Superman = GA Superman. His power levels were equal if not superior to Current Superman's which isn't weak, I'd put his levels above Supergirl and Normal Superman's.

#4 Posted by a88378438 (3420 posts) - - Show Bio

GA superman<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<SA superman,bro

the SA superman has too many Chaos feats,like,use all strength=1000homb,(ah....evenpre-52 superman more powerful than this)

#5 Posted by HolySerpent (12648 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm to familiar with golden superman, I thought he was weakest version of superman. The one that couldn't fly

#6 Posted by comicdude23 (11399 posts) - - Show Bio

@HolySerpent said:

I'm to familiar with golden superman, I thought he was weakest version of superman. The one that couldn't fly

Yes but he developed flight and power levels went up to the point at his peak (where he stalemated SA Superman).

@a88378438 said:

GA superman<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<SA superman,bro

the SA superman has too many Chaos feats,like,use all strength=1000homb,(ah....evenpre-52 superman more powerful than this)

That's GA Superman smashing SA Superman. In the actual comic, Justice League of America Vol 1 #74, they stalemated and fought until they passed out. GA Superman > Pre-52 Superman.

#7 Posted by Rumble Man (11118 posts) - - Show Bio

@comicdude23: Nawh dude, the real one is the dude made by siegel and shuster waay before he got into the flying thing because fleisher wants to animate flight cuz its easier than jumping.

I like ga superman (as in the original one, not the earth 2 continity)

#8 Posted by comicdude23 (11399 posts) - - Show Bio

@Rumble Man said:

@comicdude23: Nawh dude, the real one is the dude made by siegel and shuster waay before he got into the flying thing because fleisher wants to animate flight cuz its easier than jumping.

I like ga superman (as in the original one, not the earth 2 continity)

Earth 2 Superman IS the Action Comics #1 Superman. It was confirmed in Infinite Crisis: Secret Files.

#9 Posted by Rumble Man (11118 posts) - - Show Bio

@comicdude23: I know that but I prefer the version that does not fly , the one in the 1930's to the late 50's

Faster than a speeding bullet, more powerful than a locomotive, able to leap tall buildings in a single bound.

This version

#10 Posted by comicdude23 (11399 posts) - - Show Bio

@Rumble Man said:

@comicdude23: I know that but I prefer the version that does not fly , the one in the 1930's to the late 50's

Faster than a speeding bullet, more powerful than a locomotive, able to leap tall buildings in a single bound.

This version

Oh. Okay, I prefer the more powerful version IMO.

#11 Posted by Rumble Man (11118 posts) - - Show Bio

@comicdude23:

GA - Grassroots superman (the one that started it all), the building block and platform

SA - The trippy supes (new powers as story goes), the epic stories

MA - Somewhat nerfed down supes to fit with other heroes, reflection of society

#12 Posted by a88378438 (3420 posts) - - Show Bio

@comicdude23:i know this story,but still like me say,the SA superman strength is too Chaos,

A story, a nuclear bomb can make him dizzy, one story, superman all strength equal to1000h-bomb

#13 Posted by comicdude23 (11399 posts) - - Show Bio

@a88378438 said:

@comicdude23:i know this story,but still like me say,the SA superman strength is too Chaos,

A story, a nuclear bomb can make him dizzy, one story, superman all strength equal to1000h-bomb

This doesn't make sense.

#14 Posted by katanalauncher (937 posts) - - Show Bio

Golden Age Superman is even more inconsistent, people usually ignore silver age feat pulled by GA Superman and just classify them as silver age.

#15 Posted by a88378438 (3420 posts) - - Show Bio

@comicdude23 said:

@a88378438 said:

This doesn't make sense.

LOL!bro,why this not sense?

like this,in this story PC Superman all strength=1000 h-bomb,and PC validus is far stronger than him,but he all power at once just enough destroy a city...

do you know,why most people belive PC validus is stronger than PC superman just because this stroy,a Extreme low show story,we are know the SA superman can

Destroy the solar system is just a sneeze

I don't think 1000-h-bomb can destroy the entire solar system, I also don't think silver age Superman can't survive a city Buster ,so,yes,this really really sense,like GA superman and SA superman stalemated in fight

the SA superman power level is not Fixed,he is not a good Measuring standard

#16 Posted by a88378438 (3420 posts) - - Show Bio

A scientist,Casual creater a robot, is stronger than SA Superman

An octopus monster, stronger than SA Superman

a girl stronger than SA superman

SA superman strength is not fiexd

#17 Posted by Onemoreposter (4069 posts) - - Show Bio

@comicdude23: Golden age Superman is not Earth 2 Superman. At the same time he is. You have to realize your talking about two different things at the same time.

The term GA or golden age refers to the Superman appearances in comics up until 1956 which was the onset of the Silver Age of comics. The Silver Age of comics would be the period of time between '56 and the early 70s which is when the Bronze Age starts. The bronze age lasts until the mid 80 when we got the DC reboot with COIE and Marvel had their Secret Wars. Then we get the Modern Age of comics which is what we're in now.

So Earth 2 Superman is GA Superman but he's also SA Superman and BA Superman. When the character show's up in modern comics say during an event like Infinite Crisis he's displaying a power level around his last appearance, in the Bronze Age. Superman has higher feats during the bronze age than in the golden age, but they're lower than those in the Silver Age. SO SA > BA > GA, but technically it's all the same guy.

It's all sorta complicated though. I'm leaving things out too like how Superman before 56 was still the Superman after 56 because Superman and Batman had been continuously published since their debut. Unlike the rest of the DCU they hadn't been drastically rebooted. So for a time E1 Batman and E1 Superman shared the exact same history as their E2 counterparts, except the IN BOOK dates had been moved up because of an implied sliding timeline. heh...

BUT IT BOILS DOWN TO THIS. IN ORDER OF POWER FROM GREATEST TO LEAST IT GOES: SA SUPERMAN, BA SUPERMAN, MODERN AGE SUPERMAN, GA SUPERMAN. WHEN WE'VE SEEN E-2 SUPERMAN APPEAR SINCE COIE'S HES HAD ROUGHLY A BRONZE AGE POWER LEVEL.

Hope this helpe and wasn't just confusing :)

#18 Posted by a88378438 (3420 posts) - - Show Bio

@Onemoreposter: you are right,the superboy-prime also was a BA superman,and PC DS never beat SA superman,he just beat A BA superman(sbp level)

#19 Posted by deadpool6_6_6 (1064 posts) - - Show Bio

i would so say no to the question.

#20 Posted by comicdude23 (11399 posts) - - Show Bio

@Onemoreposter said:

@comicdude23: Golden age Superman is not Earth 2 Superman. At the same time he is. You have to realize your talking about two different things at the same time.

The term GA or golden age refers to the Superman appearances in comics up until 1956 which was the onset of the Silver Age of comics. The Silver Age of comics would be the period of time between '56 and the early 70s which is when the Bronze Age starts. The bronze age lasts until the mid 80 when we got the DC reboot with COIE and Marvel had their Secret Wars. Then we get the Modern Age of comics which is what we're in now.

So Earth 2 Superman is GA Superman but he's also SA Superman and BA Superman. When the character show's up in modern comics say during an event like Infinite Crisis he's displaying a power level around his last appearance, in the Bronze Age. Superman has higher feats during the bronze age than in the golden age, but they're lower than those in the Silver Age. SO SA > BA > GA, but technically it's all the same guy.

It's all sorta complicated though. I'm leaving things out too like how Superman before 56 was still the Superman after 56 because Superman and Batman had been continuously published since their debut. Unlike the rest of the DCU they hadn't been drastically rebooted. So for a time E1 Batman and E1 Superman shared the exact same history as their E2 counterparts, except the IN BOOK dates had been moved up because of an implied sliding timeline. heh...

BUT IT BOILS DOWN TO THIS. IN ORDER OF POWER FROM GREATEST TO LEAST IT GOES: SA SUPERMAN, BA SUPERMAN, MODERN AGE SUPERMAN, GA SUPERMAN. WHEN WE'VE SEEN E-2 SUPERMAN APPEAR SINCE COIE'S HES HAD ROUGHLY A BRONZE AGE POWER LEVEL.

Hope this helpe and wasn't just confusing :)

I don't quite see what you mean bro. In Infinite Crisis: Secret Files, their is a file on Earth 2 Superman, stating clearly that his first appearance was Action Comics #1 (I'll upload the scan later). I meant that they are the same people. The Golden Age was a period, when I refer to 'Golden Age' Superman, I mean the Superman FROM the Golden Age, not the period but the Superman individual. Like the SA Superman IS the BA Superman, just watered down in power levels.

Earth 2 Superman can't be SA and GA Superman, in SA/BA Superman's early appearances it is clearly stated he is from EARTH-ONE, and GA Superman is from EARTH-TWO. Two different beings, and in Crisis on Infinite Earths, Kal-L (Earth 2 Superman)'s power levels weren't that high...

Earth 2 and Earth 1 Superman are two different beings, read Crisis on Infinite Earths their are clear differences including powers, origins, age, etc.

#21 Posted by comicdude23 (11399 posts) - - Show Bio

@a88378438: What your saying doesn't make sense, the way your saying it...

#22 Posted by HeroFromKrypton (25 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't know if it's already been said, but the golden age covered nearly a decade or more, and Superman's powers didn't remain at their 1938 levels the entire time. He was time traveling and pushing planets before the 50s.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.