Follow

Superman

Character » Superman appears in 18942 issues.

Sent to Earth as an infant from the dying planet Krypton, Kal-El was adopted by the loving Kent family and raised in America's heartland as Clark Kent. Using his immense solar-fueled powers, he became Superman to defend mankind against all manner of threats while championing truth, justice, and the American way!

IRON MAN 3 Most Anticipated Summer Film WTF?

War07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Iron Man 3 won the vote, clocking in at first place, but perhaps the bigger surprise is that Warner Bros' Man of Steel didn't place in the top five at all. The others rounding out the top five are Star Trek Into Darkness, The Great Gatsby, Fast & Furious 6, and The Hangover 3.

You can find it here http://www.newsarama.com/film/fandango-summer-movie-poll-iron-man-3.html

WB needs to market the Man of steel alot or we might not see Justice League Movie at all!

z3ro180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wait a big WTF and they are actually making a hangover 3 and fast and the furious 6 ?

lightsout

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

@z3ro180 said:

Wait a big WTF and they are actually making a hangover 3 and fast and the furious 6 ?

Agreed.

OP - it's not surprising. He's had 2 movies (3 w/Avengers) that raised his popularity among everyone outside the comic realm. Superman had 1 not-so-recent movie that wasn't received that well. He may be a known character but a live-action movie is something else entirely (people know how RDJr plays the role, the tone of the movies, etc etc). Comic-fans are the ones heavily anticipating MoS because we want to know how well it's going to turn out (compared to the icon Supes is). Other people hardly anticipate something that is an unknown.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d921c81bd12c
    deactivated-5d921c81bd12c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 3

For a movie that the rest of the movie franchise is reliant on, not nearly enough has been done in terms of advertising. I've seen a few posters and short trailers in the cinema, that's it.

Avatar image for wavemotioncannon
    WaveMotionCannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Superman's not as big as Iron Man outside of comics right now. Superman movies haven't had a good track record recently either. From the rumors it might not be a JLA movie but a MoS sequel if it does well.

Black_Claw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 48

Time to put that hype train in gear DC.

Avatar image for deactivated-60ae841330527
    deactivated-60ae841330527

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Superman's not as big as Iron Man outside of comics right now. Superman movies haven't had a good track record recently either. From the rumors it might not be a JLA movie but a MoS sequel if it does well.

This

Robert Downy Jr > Superman himself right now XD

I'm more excited about the next Sherlock movie than I am Superman....okay maybe not but Sups needs to pick up the slack.

Press Oblivion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@war07 said:

Iron Man 3 won the vote, clocking in at first place, but perhaps the bigger surprise is that Warner Bros' Man of Steel didn't place in the top five at all. The others rounding out the top five are Star Trek Into Darkness, The Great Gatsby, Fast & Furious 6, and The Hangover 3.

You can find it here http://www.newsarama.com/film/fandango-summer-movie-poll-iron-man-3.html

WB needs to market the Man of steel alot or we might not see Justice League Movie at all!

This is pretty scary. . . hopefully word of mouth that it's awesome will help the market share in the weeks after it's release.

SandMan_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If you notice all those movies come out next month...Man Of Steel comes out in 2 months.

ssejllenrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sandman_ said:

If you notice all those movies come out next month...Man Of Steel comes out in 2 months.

Yeah but the list is for summer movies.

Veshark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

While I don't think this grading is definitive, it does disappoint me a little. I'm surprised Man of Steel didn't make the top 5....is it because of a lack of awareness for now?

Avatar image for consolemaster001
    consolemaster001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

All those stupid fanboys

Avatar image for deranged_midget
    Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 4

Why is this surprising? Iron Man is the most popular of the pre-Avengers films and is the face of Marvel right now. Of course it'd be the most anticipated film. People don't really know what to expect from Man of Steel so can you blame them. Think back to 2005 and 2008 in regards to Batman Begins and Iron Man. Neither were expected to succeed to the degree that they have.

Just be patient and watch the film for yourself. I don't see why people seem to care what others think so much.

Fifthchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If the film is good word will get out and anticipation will build. Thats the most important thing. If its a good film the audience will come eventually. If its a Green Lantern then no ammount of anticipation will save it past opening weekend. But i really dont see that happening.

DEGRAAF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well they have done almost no advertising for it besides the two short clips that show almost nothing

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

I'm surprised Fast and Furious 6 and the Hangover 3 are on there but the rest make sense. With Iron Man, a lot of emphasis has been placed on making the public aware of him and promoting his movies. He's one of Marvel's biggest franchises now. Superman has been lying low in terms of public awareness since the awful Superman Returns. People don't know what Man of Steel will be like whereas they have an idea of what Iron Man 3 will be like. I'm looking forward to both of them this year.

DEGRAAF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Fast and Furious 6 makes sense to me. The movies have just gotten better and better since #4 and there are supposed to finish w/ 7 totalt with a possible spinoff for Dwayne Johnson's (Hobbs) character.

Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger: Fast and Furious makes more sense than The Great Gatsby and Star Trek. For one, it's now a saga that's been around for over a decade. Of course people would be excited for it. People rank what they have knowledge of and the films listed have plenty of trailers released.

deaditegonzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Fast and Furious movies are just barely above B-Movies, so that one is surprising. As is the Hangover 3, which I thought had lost all of its popularity after the second one. The Great Gatsby is somewhat surprising, as you wouldnt expect the general movie going masses to be that interested. But Star Trek and Iron Man being more anticipated are par for course. Im not at all surprised as theyre both established Box Office draws.

The reason people care what others think is that we dont want this movie to fail just because it didnt generate enough hype. If it sucks, then it should fail, but if it is a good OR GREAT movie, it would suck if it suffered from lack of promotion/

SmashBrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The advertising campaign for MOS has been laughable at best so far. They need to step up their game fast, one incredibly awesome trailer obviously isn't enough.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

@deranged_midget: Hmm I am basing it on my dislike for that franchise. Great Gatsby is a famous book, sometimes called one of the great American novels and any adaption of it always attracts attention like hot cakes.

Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger: I've never had the opportunity to read the book it's based on. It peaked my interest based on it's cast, but that's about it.

Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
    Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 140

#23  Edited By Avenging-X-Bolt

@lvenger said:

@deranged_midget: Hmm I am basing it on my dislike for that franchise. Great Gatsby is a famous book, sometimes called one of the great American novels and any adaption of it always attracts attention like hot cakes.

this

JamesKM716

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm surprised that Man of Steel isn't in the top five, but not at all that it isn't number 1, or even 2 for that matter. (am suprised that Into Darkness was so high, probably because of Abrams-Episode VII)

evilvegeta74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@z3ro180 said:

No Caption Provided

Do you have something against this guy?

Avatar image for consolemaster001
    consolemaster001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

I'm appaled

I'm surprised that Man of Steel isn't in the top five,

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.