Follow

Superman

Character » Superman appears in 18942 issues.

Sent to Earth as an infant from the dying planet Krypton, Kal-El was adopted by the loving Kent family and raised in America's heartland as Clark Kent. Using his immense solar-fueled powers, he became Superman to defend mankind against all manner of threats while championing truth, justice, and the American way!

Injustice Superman's defeat?

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 14

#1  Edited By frozen  Moderator

What did you think of his defeat?

I think for all the talk around him and everyone 'fearing' him, he was beaten pretty easily --- the doppelgänger Superman beat him down and he didn't really try that hard.

SanoHibiki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I wouldn’t say it was easy on the very hard story mode ;)

Besides, what to expect from the game where Catwoman can beat Zod and Joker can win against Doomsday…

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 14

#3 frozen  Moderator

@sanohibiki: True but his defeat is the official canon version. He gets beaten down by a doppelgänger that probably wasn't going all out. Alfred smashed his face in. Captain Atom gave him a beating, etc.

SanoHibiki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By SanoHibiki

@frozen said:

He gets beaten down by a doppelgänger that probably wasn't going all out. Alfred smashed his face in. Captain Atom gave him a beating, etc.

Plus good Superman was supposed to be tired after battle with Doomsday just before the final fight…

I seldom expect great (or at least coherent) story from fighting games – and I was right about it in Injustice (whole story mode were bummer); oh well, at very least it delivered with graphics and gameplay. Injustice comic book is a more solid reading material, but still, its quality also gradually varies from issue to issue.

primebonnick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

well they made alfred beat him and as awesome as alfred is pill or no that was crap so it's not surprising the beat down he got in the game when i went back to play it.

OhItsThatGuy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By OhItsThatGuy

I honestly didn't like how the game propped up Superman as this unbeatable force of nature. In the original Pre-52 comics, Hal Jordan was more than enough, but you had him, Wonder Woman, Aquaman, Power Pill Batman, and a whole army of giant sea crabs, yet no one could slow him down, but Superman. I loved how, in the comics, Alfred beat the shit out of him. Wish the game was half as nice as the Injustice comic.

W3BST3R

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wasn't it because Injustice Superman was pretty inexperienced compared to the actual Superman? IJS relied on peoples' fear of him and got his a** kicked for believing in himself too much.

Black_Arrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It was the same when Superman defeated Ultraman.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.