Injustice is the result of lazy stupid-ass writing.

• 54 results
#1 Posted by jointron33 (1902 posts) - - Show Bio

Boon and his cronies: Waaahhhh Superman is lame. We need to make him cool.

Cronies: Well, since we already make Mortal Kombat, the Liefeld of fighting games, let's make the DC characters.......but EXTREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEME!!!!!

Boon: Yeah, and Superman shouldnt be all lame and american way and stuff. He should be HARDCORE, and like, be like that Spawn guy from the 90s. Yeah.

Human beings with a brain: You dumb-asses!

The book isn't much better.

#2 Edited by k4tzm4n (36124 posts) - - Show Bio

Riiiight. If you want to be taken seriously and have a legitimate conversation about this, you might want to respect the fact that people disagree and said people -- believe it or not -- have functioning brains, too.

*backs out slowly*

Staff
#3 Posted by Crash_Recovery (850 posts) - - Show Bio

Different comics appeal to different people.

I don't like Deadpool so I don't read it...I also don't rant about it, though, since there are some people that like Deadpool.

#4 Posted by HeWhoSees (629 posts) - - Show Bio

Cronies: Well, since we already make Mortal Kombat, the Liefeld of fighting games, let's make the DC characters.......but EXTREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEME!!!!!

Boon: Yeah, and Superman shouldnt be all lame and american way and stuff. He should be HARDCORE, and like, be like that Spawn guy from the 90s. Yeah.

To be fair though, that was an alternate Universe Superman that went nuts and our regular Superman that we love so much took him down in the end.

#5 Posted by joshmightbe (24450 posts) - - Show Bio

You know you don't have to play the story mode, in fact the game is far more enjoyable if you don't.

#6 Edited by HeWhoSees (629 posts) - - Show Bio

You know you don't have to play the story mode, in fact the game is far more enjoyable if you don't.

Says who?

#7 Edited by FlashDamn (947 posts) - - Show Bio

Dont you dare insult the beatiful work called Injustice

*Says it with a monstrous tone*

#8 Posted by UltimateSMfan (1351 posts) - - Show Bio

What!!! ur dissin on the comic aswell? thats so solid....hardly hear anything bad about that.

@k4tzm4n said:

*backs out slowly*

Hahahaha!!

#9 Edited by consolemaster001 (4893 posts) - - Show Bio

The comic is better.

Strawman analysis.

#10 Posted by Dark_Vengeance_ (14586 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm sorry, I can't take you seriously after that statement.

#11 Posted by Lvenger (17855 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah I'm not a fan of Injustice either but this isn't the way to make a convincing argument against it.

#12 Posted by Black_Claw (2872 posts) - - Show Bio

#13 Posted by joshmightbe (24450 posts) - - Show Bio

@hewhosees: Apparently the people still bitching about it a few weeks after the game came out. I honestly don't hate the story mode, not the best but far from the worst I've seen. Just saying if the OP hates the story so much that he specifically would enjoy the game more if he just stuck to the fight mode.

#14 Posted by w0nd (2721 posts) - - Show Bio

except the good superman is exactly the "nice guy" version that you are saying doesn't exist in this game. Did you even play it or....?

#15 Edited by Eternal19 (2076 posts) - - Show Bio

The story was crap I agree. But the gameplay is really fun and is good to play when you have a lot of people over your house

#16 Posted by joshmightbe (24450 posts) - - Show Bio

There are lots of great games with crappy stories, you ever actually pay attention to the narrative in Mario games, they have all been slight variations of basically the exact same story since the first game came out. And it wasn't exactly a great story to begin with.

#17 Posted by w0nd (2721 posts) - - Show Bio

hell if he said the game sucked it would have been okay fair enough but the points he listed just proves he didn't actually play the game...

#18 Posted by TheAcidSkull (17148 posts) - - Show Bio

Have you Actually played the game? seriously? have you actually played it?

#19 Posted by lilben42 (2487 posts) - - Show Bio

The story was great. But if I didn't read the prequel I would have enjoyed it more because the prequels set it up to be so much more.

#20 Posted by HeWhoSees (629 posts) - - Show Bio

The story was crap I agree. But the gameplay is really fun and is good to play when you have a lot of people over your house

How was the story crap? It was just played out for a guy like me that's seen WAY to many alternate timelines and what if scenario's when reading his comics or watching his comics related media.

#21 Posted by theTimeStreamer (2841 posts) - - Show Bio

remember when singleplayer was more important than multiplayer? me neither.

#22 Posted by Deranged Midget (17599 posts) - - Show Bio

Apparently someone hasn't heard of Elseworld's or alternate universes ;)

#23 Edited by Eternal19 (2076 posts) - - Show Bio

@eternal19 said:

How was the story crap? It was just played out for a guy like me that's seen WAY to many alternate timelines and what if scenario's when reading his comics or watching his comics related media.

the story was crappy to me. because its been done before

#24 Posted by jointron33 (1902 posts) - - Show Bio

It reeks of 90s EXTREEEEEME ideally, which is what birthed Mortal Kombat anyway.

#25 Posted by trebean (619 posts) - - Show Bio

@jointron33:

Because that's what we play Fighting Games for, for the story.

Which fighting game do you like anyway.

The only good fighting game story I liked was Soul Blade (Mystical Journey to find/destroy an evil sword) each character had a storyline, all of them differing from the others.

#26 Posted by Dernman (14610 posts) - - Show Bio

remember when singleplayer was more important than multiplayer? me neither.

I do.

#27 Edited by w0nd (2721 posts) - - Show Bio

@hewhosees said:

@eternal19 said:

the story was crappy to me. because its been done before

ALL stories have been done before...and it's a fighting game i dont know any with an actual good story lol

#28 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23334 posts) - - Show Bio

@deranged_midget said:

Apparently someone hasn't heard of Elseworld's or alternate universes ;)

Exactly. It's not like the Evil Superman is even the main Superman. The Real Superman shows up and kicks his ass with all kinds of Truth, Justice, American Way awesomeness.

Saying that Injustice has a bad story because Superman is evil is like saying that every Elseworld/AU story ever is terrible.

#29 Edited by Deranged Midget (17599 posts) - - Show Bio

Exactly. It's not like the Evil Superman is even the main Superman. The Real Superman shows up and kicks his ass with all kinds of Truth, Justice, American Way awesomeness.

Saying that Injustice has a bad story because Superman is evil is like saying that every Elseworld/AU story ever is terrible.

Oh that ending is so worth being witness to all the crimes the Evil Superman performs throughout the story!

How do you think Hal Jordan fans felt when he lost his marbles and murdered the entire Green Lantern corp and turned into Parallax? People have to give it a shot before shoving it off at first glance! :)

#30 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23334 posts) - - Show Bio

@deranged_midget said:

@fadetoblackbolt said:

Oh that ending is so worth being witness to all the crimes the Evil Superman performs throughout the story!

How do you think Hal Jordan fans felt when he lost his marbles and murdered the entire Green Lantern corp and turned into Parallax? People have to give it a shot before shoving it off at first glance! :)

Bah, to Hell with them, it's because of their whining we got Rebirth (shudders) :P

But yeah, any Superman fan had nothing to complain about as soon as that final chapter showed up.

#31 Edited by Dark_Vengeance_ (14586 posts) - - Show Bio

Wow, is the bashing on DC hot today or is it just the wheater?

#32 Posted by Deranged Midget (17599 posts) - - Show Bio

Bah, to Hell with them, it's because of their whining we got Rebirth (shudders) :P

But yeah, any Superman fan had nothing to complain about as soon as that final chapter showed up.

Oh yus, I forgot you severely disliked Hal Jordan :P

It more than made up for any "idiosyncrasies" made by the Injustice prequel and the main storyline of the game.

#33 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23334 posts) - - Show Bio

@fadetoblackbolt said:

Oh yus, I forgot you severely disliked Hal Jordan :P

It more than made up for any "idiosyncrasies" made by the Injustice prequel and the main storyline of the game.

Nah, I severely dislike John's Jordan. The original Jordan was a good character, and his original redemption storylines were great.

Yeah, I probably like the story so much because I don't read the stupid comic book as well. I saw the scan with Superman asking Batman if he loved the Joker and just though "nope, not happening"

#34 Posted by Lvenger (17855 posts) - - Show Bio
#35 Posted by Deranged Midget (17599 posts) - - Show Bio

Nah, I severely dislike John's Jordan. The original Jordan was a good character, and his original redemption storylines were great.

Yeah, I probably like the story so much because I don't read the stupid comic book as well. I saw the scan with Superman asking Batman if he loved the Joker and just though "nope, not happening"

To be honest, John's Green Lanterns is one of the only titles I truly enjoyed from him over the years, besides recently Aquaman.

I really enjoyed the prequel comic although I'm not entirely caught up on it.

#36 Edited by Deranged Midget (17599 posts) - - Show Bio
#37 Edited by FadeToBlackBolt (23334 posts) - - Show Bio

@lvenger: There was no one in the cars! Wanton destruction of property is required for all superheroes.

@fadetoblackbolt said:

To be honest, John's Green Lanterns is one of the only titles I truly enjoyed from him over the years, besides recently Aquaman.

I really enjoyed the prequel comic although I'm not entirely caught up on it.

Eh, the older GL stories were much better. Johns just came in and Rainbowised all of GL villains, and stole any Superman villains he felt like, crippling Supes' rogues gallery.

#38 Posted by starrk_coyote (618 posts) - - Show Bio

@k4tzm4n said:

Riiiight. If you want to be taken seriously and have a legitimate conversation about this, you might want to respect the fact that people disagree and said people -- believe it or not -- have functioning brains, too.

*backs out slowly*

@k4tzm4n dude i love! that is an awesome reply! :)

#39 Edited by Lvenger (17855 posts) - - Show Bio

@fadetoblackbolt: @deranged_midget: Well then I guess the parallel universe must have spawned intelligent cars that were sentient then. It's the only explanation as to how they could drive themselves :P

#40 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23334 posts) - - Show Bio

@lvenger: They were being thrown at him lol

#41 Posted by Deranged Midget (17599 posts) - - Show Bio
#42 Posted by Lvenger (17855 posts) - - Show Bio

@fadetoblackbolt: Heh but they were being driven before Bald Adam picked them up and threw them at Superman. Difficult to explain that :P

#43 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23334 posts) - - Show Bio

@deranged_midget said:

I guess, although my memory is muddled in regards to Silver Age stories. I thought the concept of expanded Corps was interesting and it spawned some cool characters and side arcs for others. I miss the good ol' day of just having the Jordan/Sinestro feud though.

The Sinestro Corps was a great idea, but the others were a bit wasted. And then every arc of GL was just "Introducing a new Corp".

Back on topic;

INJUSTICE RULES.

#44 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23334 posts) - - Show Bio

@lvenger: Superman flew through the cars and removed the passengers, then flew back into position to use his heat-vision.

Why?

BECAUSE HE'S THAT FREAKING COOL

#45 Posted by Lvenger (17855 posts) - - Show Bio

@fadetoblackbolt: How could I overlook that? It's clear Superman moves too fast for even the game to register it.

#46 Posted by Deranged Midget (17599 posts) - - Show Bio
@lvenger said:

@fadetoblackbolt: Heh but they were being driven before Bald Adam picked them up and threw them at Superman. Difficult to explain that :P

Dude Superman moves at dah light speed and just saves everyone!

#47 Edited by SandMan_ (4528 posts) - - Show Bio

At first I thought it was going to be a Bat wanking story, but after I saw that it was a parallel universe story, the final chapter made me smile. Nice to see Superman did save the day,

#48 Edited by FadeToBlackBolt (23334 posts) - - Show Bio

@lvenger: Yep, exactly. Superman in that game was a freaking monster in terms of power though. Made Shazam, Sinestro, Aquaman and Black Adam his b*tches.

#49 Posted by TheAcidSkull (17148 posts) - - Show Bio

@lvenger: Yep, exactly. Superman in that game was a freaking monster in terms of power though. Made Shazam, Sinestro, Aquaman and Black Adam his b*tches.

Which Superman? The Crazy Evil one?

#50 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23334 posts) - - Show Bio

@theacidskull said:

@fadetoblackbolt said:

Which Superman? The Crazy Evil one?

Both.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.