Follow

Superman

Character » Superman appears in 18936 issues.

Sent to Earth as an infant from the dying planet Krypton, Kal-El was adopted by the loving Kent family and raised in America's heartland as Clark Kent. Using his immense solar-fueled powers, he became Superman to defend mankind against all manner of threats while championing truth, justice, and the American way!

I'm doing another Video Game Idea post based on the Justice League! Who would you like to see as the 7th Leaguer?

Avatar image for mercinwithamouth
    MercinWithAMouth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By MercinWithAMouth

Poll I'm doing another Video Game Idea post based on the Justice League! Who would you like to see as the 7th Leaguer? (17 votes)

Green Arrow 6%
    Cyborg 0%
    Martian Manhunter 76%
    Shazam 18%
    Hawkgirl 0%

I know this is on the Superman forum but for good reason. People don't really seem to respond to the Justice League posts as frequently and there are others who have read and know of the Superman article I posted previously. I'd love to know what they think on this when it's finished.

• 
    deathstroke52

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#1  Edited By deathstroke52

MM. His powers are so different from the rest of the league and it would give so much more variety.

Cyborg and GA would be boring when the rest of the team is practically god like.

Shazam would be too much like Superman

Hawkgirl would be hit or miss.

It's not that I don't like these characters, I just can't see the developers (whoever they are) doing justice to them justice

Self-DCeit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Self-DCeit

Sure, I'll play along. Make mine J'onn. Nothing against the others, but his powers at least bring genuinely different things to the table without requiring suspension of disbelief (any more than that which is already necessary to justify Batman's presence, that is).

Actually, do something completely different and have Batman just be in charge of communication between the team, much like Cyborg did in JL: Earth's Final Defense. It'd never be approved by a board of directors, but hey...

Rpgesus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

A green arrow video game would be awesome but gotta stick with mmh

MercinWithAMouth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@self-dceit: I personally feel Cyborg would be the best choice given his technology and how that plays into the team. His gameplay would be more unique to him and less similar to the other Leaguers than MM in my opinion. J'onn would feel a bit like Superman having super strength, flight, invulnerability, martian vision, martian breathe. There are some things that would make him different with intangibility, telepathic attacks, etc. I also like he is a voice of wisdom, but again, I feel Cyborg would be the better choice to have differentiating gameplay between the Leaguers while also being interesting for the story. I think MM is also very interesting, it's a tough choice.

ScouterV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Green Arrow. A lot of people don't mention it, but he's got some pretty sweet gear which would obviously set him apart from Batman, who'd most likely be a physical, close range fighter with few long to mid range options.

Depending on the type of game, Arrow offers a lot of versatility. He can do hand-to-hand, long to mid-range, stealth, crowd control, escape, etc.

Self-DCeit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Self-DCeit

@self-dceit: I personally feel Cyborg would be the best choice given his technology and how that plays into the team. His gameplay would be more unique to him and less similar to the other Leaguers than MM in my opinion. J'onn would feel a bit like Superman having super strength, flight, invulnerability, martian vision, martian breathe.

J'onn hasn't had martian breath in a very long time, he's not as strong, he's not invulnerable and his martian vision works differently than Superman's. But I see what you mean about Cyborg bringing more different stuff to the table.

MercinWithAMouth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By MercinWithAMouth

@self-dceit: Yeah, it used to be all he could do. I know he isn't as strong or invulnerable in a certain sense and his vision is more like force IIRC and not heat. They both have things that would be interesting, but I'd go with Cyborg due to diversity, and what his character/gameplay brings to the table.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.