Follow

Superman

Character » Superman appears in 18942 issues.

Sent to Earth as an infant from the dying planet Krypton, Kal-El was adopted by the loving Kent family and raised in America's heartland as Clark Kent. Using his immense solar-fueled powers, he became Superman to defend mankind against all manner of threats while championing truth, justice, and the American way!

If YOU were Superman?

Avatar image for smart_dork_dude
    Smart_Dork_Dude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 8

#1  Edited By Smart_Dork_Dude

Say you woke up one morning and had ALL of Superman's powers and total control of them... And you decided to become well... Superman, costume and all. BUT how would you conceal your identity? Same old glasses trick? While I like that for Clark himself, me? I'd go for something more air tight.

No Caption Provided

The Future's End Superman costume... But I'd add the cape. Just feels more secure on the secret ID department. And means I could be anyone under the helmet.

Or perhaps something more along the lines of fusing Eradicator's costumes. Basic body of the first costume

No Caption Provided

With the kind of mask of the second one

No Caption Provided

Going into the cape, but instead of black, there'd be blue to give it a more friendly look.

WF_Mxyzptlk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Why would I need to? Nobody could conceivably hurt or threaten me in any way.

Avatar image for heavenlydarkdragon
    HeavenlyDarkDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@smart_dork_dude:

Well. If I had the awesome luck of waking up with Superman powers and even is bio-armor from the beginning of the New 52. I'd seriously turn my life around.

First I would've to train and test the powers out. See if there was any difference between what Superman could do in the comics and what I could do in this universe.

I'd test every aspect of every power, especially the invulnerability and FTL capability.

Once I had the powers under control, I'd gather enough financial resources so I could basically buy every I needed to built or buy whatever I felt I needed.

Has for me being a superhero. I wouldn't act like Superman solving every problem humanity creates. I'd most likely only solve war like problems. In countries were dictators and tyrants have absolute authority, I'd destroy all their weapons and free every rebel, but keep all weapons destroyed. If they wanted to fight they would have to do it the old fashion way. Blades and cloves. Give them the change to regain their freedom by their own hands.

I'd start exploring other solar systems. Just in the extreme case I got tired of this world.

In the meantime, I'd also help out by developing new technologies for medicine, clean energy and meta-materials. And I'd would distribute them equally among all nations.

But stopping fires, planes from crashing, ships from sinking, and gunfights, I'd let humanity (authorities) handle their business. I'd only act when terrorists were planing on causing death and destruction. Or in the case of natural disasters.

Has for the suit, I'd change the colors and design to that of Godfall, and I'd include a sort of mask. I'd not have the trouble Clark has by puting on glasses of changing my hair style. Because with todays facial recognition software it would be pointless either way. So better to use a mask, and if people chose to fear me instead of trust me, then that would be their problem. In Diane Lane words "You don't owe this world a thing. You never did."

Avatar image for deactivated-5c9535a734784
    deactivated-5c9535a734784

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I imagine it would be a blast to have his powers... but in all seriousness I am nothing like Superman. I don't possess his immense good will and willingness to help people. I'm not a bad person or anything but I don't think I could handle that responsiblity of every life on earth. That and people's reactions to me would be incredibly mixed and negative. One thing Snyder's DCEU has is that it's got the real world reaction to that sort of power. So in all honesty if I had his powers I wouldn't have a costume, I'd maybe save people using my speed. No flashy costume. In the end it would be incredibly depressing.

HeavenlyDarkDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@soldierofel:

It doesn't matter. You be you.

Just the fact that you woke up one day with Superman powers would be the best day of your life.

You could do anything, go anywhere and the best part, no one would be able to stop you.

Just imagine the possibilities. And lets face it. Superman is only Superman in the comics. If we brought him to our world, to this reality... He'd hang up his cape in less than a month.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c9535a734784
    deactivated-5c9535a734784

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@heavenlydarkdragon: True. In terms of wish fulfillment, his abilities are pretty much everything anyone could ever wish for. And I totally agree that if, Superman was real he'd have a hard time continuing on. Especially if we all started shouting "go home" every time he saved the day.

jphulk26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I wouldn´t hide my identity, I´d wipe out all Batman fans and force them to make loads of movies about me and my mythology. then I´d probably just take over some billionaires entire estate and live like a boss.

Oh and I´d explore the universe. Check out if there are alien civilisations like ours.

Avatar image for supermanfan1234
    supermanfan1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By supermanfan1234

I wouldn't be able to do it straight away but I would try to find a way to stop every single one of the most horrible things on earth (I'd test how powerful I am first though),War,Poverty,Slavery,Religious Extremism and Racism.But it would be very hard to do it and I'd probably have to make up a massive lie about being sent from a planet where all of those horrible things came to an all time high again with the resources that we have now and destroyed the planet to get them to be serious,about the issues.And with them thinking I'm an alien they would like all join up together as well or kill each other thinking I'm a returning prophet.I'd also probably have to have a tracker on me by the governments from every country and probably never be able to sleep,as I'd be tested or doing work all the time so that I wasn't killed,unless I just flew to another planet,but I don't think I'd get that far without dying........Yeah being Superman in this world would suck unfortunately for him and everyone.

My suit would be the new 52 suit without the collar with Henry Cavill's superman emblem.

I would also definitely go to the Moon and Mars and other planets in our Solar System.

Cloakx14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

my life would be awesome. i would be able to help others more and have a hot girlfriend and i'd make myself rich.i wouldn't wear a suit just regular clothes like Luke Cage.

ScouterV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If I had the powers of Superman, I'd probably never be on this planet half the time. Build myself a Fortress of Solitude somewhere in Space. I'd come back to visit, but much like a college student, I'd likely only be back on Earth to do my laundry, hit on that dorky girl who turned into a bombshell, and visit the family.

Yeah, that's probably what I'd do.

Probably throw annoying celebrities like Kanye West and Miley Cyrus into orbit too. For kicks.

coolcat4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would be the embodiment of justice and hope. But i would also feel useless if a didn't have anyone to save earth from.

HeavenlyDarkDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@supermanfan1234:

It's cool that you'd use your kryptonian powers to try and stop everything that's wrong with Our world but, even with Superman powers I believe you'd reach a point were you'd throw down the towel.

The biggest problem with this world is Us. Humans are and I'm quoting Agent Smith here "I'd like to share a revelation that I've had during my time here. It came to me when I tried to classify your species and I realized that you're not actually mammals. Every mammal on this planet instinctively develops a natural equilibrium with the surrounding environment but you humans do not. You move to an area and you multiply and multiply until every natural resource is consumed and the only way you can survive is to spread to another area. There is another organism on this planet that follows the same pattern. Do you know what it is? A virus. Human beings are a disease, a cancer of this planet. You're a plague..."

And unless you'd be willing to turn yourself into a dictator and rule the entire world. Saving people that don't want to be save, has been proven and seen by Us mere mortals to not work. We has a species have to get out act together has a whole and no one can do that for Us. Not even god, for all of you who believe and that sort of thing.

@cloakx14:

Simple, but effective. Just one thing. The hot girl part. Unless you're already a good looking guy that only lacks the financial resources to attract a hot girl, having Superman powers would only help if previously you worked on the money area. Then hot girls would fall on your lap literally.

@scouterv:

That would be cool. A little lonely for me, but cool nevertheless.

And who knows. Seeing that you could fly faster than light you might find yourself your own planet to create life and rule supreme.

@coolcat4:

I would have to use basically the same quote I used in the beginning.

You could try to be all of that, but in the end, with all those powers and no way to actually stop you. The world would turn on you. And when I mean the world, I'm referring to the governments. G7, UN, they'd all turn on you. Because they'd have no way of stopping you, they'd turn against you, or worst... One government would try to win you over to their side, instantly creating war.

If you stopped a war in a country or worldwide, world leaders and people would immediately start asking themselves "When will it be my turn?". That or people would expect you to solve all their problems and you'd eventually be like @scouterv and leave the Earth behind and seek somewhere you'd actually be needed or simply explore every mystery there is to explore. And maybe return like, decades, centuries or thousands of years in the future.

Seeing that in most versions Superman either has an extremely long lifespan or he's immortal as aging goes.

Cloakx14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

charlesdon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Superman is my favorite hero. If I was superman then I will eliminate every single evil forces and build peace in the world and reduce the uncertainty in the universe and add new life in the humanity.

http://www.hexder.com/categories/Smallville-Jackets/
    RabumAlal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would be an awesome villain!

Avatar image for darknightspideyfanboy
    darknightspideyfanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Muahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah!

kannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

On our world it would be pointless for me to conceal my identity, because even if kryptonite did exist I know how to checkmate idiots with it. No other super powered beings to stop me, so I would simply use my speed and telescopic vision to stop every deadly act of violence being committed on earth forever.

dorukesin1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'll shoot someone from point blank range and catch before it hits

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.