If I Relaunched Superman

Posted by Multiverse (277 posts) - - Show Bio

DC's new 52 has gotten me thinking about what I would do if I had control of the direction of the DC Universe. My three favorite versions of the DC Universe are Earth-D for its racial diversity, the earth from Elseworld's Finest: Supergirl and Batgirl for its prominent female characters, and the Generations earth because time passes normally. Any version of the DC Universe that I created would have the elements of racial diversity, prominent female characters, and the normal passage of time.

My thought for a relaunched Superman is to have a black Superman (Kal-El) come to Earth in 1938 as an adult along with his wife Superwoman (Kara, not a relative). Kandor would come along in shrunken form but its return to normal size would be delayed due to reasons of Earth security. While on Earth, Kal-El and Kara would have a son named Mon-El who would become the second Superman. Mon-El would marry Shadow Lass, a native of the 20th century, and have a son named Kon-El. Kon-El would become the third Superman. Kon-El would marry Tana Moon (Insect Queen) and have a daughter named Laurel Moon. Lana Lang (physically resembling Kristen Kreuk) would be the Insect Queen of the 1940s and her husband Pete Ross (Physically resembling the Smallville version) would be Elastic Lad. Power Woman would be a white resident of Kandor who would become active in the 1950s after Kandor is returned to normal size and placed in Antarctica. She will marry Brainiac (Vril Dox), hero of the planet Colu and have a daughter named Ariella (Brainiac II).

Lex Luthor would be an ally of Superman rather than a villain. His job would be to find a way to stop superhumans whether that means imprisoning them or killing them. He would be a businessman, scientist, and member of Checkmate. Clark Kent would be a human reporter who is not related to Superman and is married to Lex Luthor's sister Tess Mercer. Clark Kent and Tess would have a daughter named Lori and a son named Joel. Joel would be married to Laurie Lemmon and have a daughter named Mia. Villains such as Toyman (Hiro Okamura) and Parasite (Alexandra Allston) would exist but would not be recurring because once captured they would stay in jail or be reformed.

Upcoming When I Feel Like It Relaunch Blog Posts For:

1. Batman

2. Wonder Woman

3. Green Lantern

4. Flash

5. Aquaman

6. Hawkman

7. Green Arrow

8. Atom

9. Captain Marvel

10. Blue Beetle

#1 Posted by saintutd (52 posts) - - Show Bio

Listen me old china we don't want any more of your "Upcoming When I Feel Like It Relaunch Blog Posts For" please that was really bad man! No one would buy ur relaunch, thank the lord! There's a reason god made sure u dont relaunch comics,, ur ideas r very bad man,, Cool ;-)

#2 Posted by noj (1084 posts) - - Show Bio

Wow... just wow. Sorry man but that's freaking ridiculous. Thank all that is mighty that you arent writing for DC. Can you imagine what a BLACK Superman in 1940's america would be like!!?!? Superman coming to Earth as an adult would defy the whole purpose of Superman which is that he learned moral values and how to be a hero from his adoptive parents. Coming grown from Krypton would mean he would be would probably have a massive superiority complex and look down at our "primitive" earth culture. He wouldnt be a hero at all.

#3 Posted by iLLituracy (13537 posts) - - Show Bio

This doesn't appeal to me, at all.

#4 Posted by OmegaTheDestroyer (1009 posts) - - Show Bio
@noj said:
Wow... just wow. Sorry man but that's freaking ridiculous. Thank all that is mighty that you arent writing for DC. Can you imagine what a BLACK Superman in 1940's america would be like!!?!? Superman coming to Earth as an adult would defy the whole purpose of Superman which is that he learned moral values and how to be a hero from his adoptive parents. Coming grown from Krypton would mean he would be would probably have a massive superiority complex and look down at our "primitive" earth culture. He wouldnt be a hero at all.
in other words, Zod.
#5 Posted by noj (1084 posts) - - Show Bio
@OmegaTheDestroyer said:
@noj said:
Wow... just wow. Sorry man but that's freaking ridiculous. Thank all that is mighty that you arent writing for DC. Can you imagine what a BLACK Superman in 1940's america would be like!!?!? Superman coming to Earth as an adult would defy the whole purpose of Superman which is that he learned moral values and how to be a hero from his adoptive parents. Coming grown from Krypton would mean he would be would probably have a massive superiority complex and look down at our "primitive" earth culture. He wouldnt be a hero at all.
in other words, Zod.
  haha! yeah exactly! Honestly I was thinking about the two Kryptonian astronauts from All Star Superman when I wrote that though.
#6 Posted by Primmaster64 (21138 posts) - - Show Bio

There could be a black Superman, but he should not be Kal-El. And there is already a black Superman...He is called Icon. Give me a latino or indian Superman....Do not post that video plz.

#7 Posted by cattlebattle (12820 posts) - - Show Bio

What the Hell did I just read???????????????????????????????

#8 Posted by Roldan (241 posts) - - Show Bio
@Primmaster64 said:
There could be a black Superman, but he should not be Kal-El. And there is already a black Superman...He is called Icon. Give me a latino or indian Superman....Do not post that video plz.
There's also the one from that other earth. He's in Final Crisis. And he's also suppose to be the main character in Multiversity, when it comes out.
#9 Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (13268 posts) - - Show Bio
@Roldan said:
@Primmaster64 said:
There could be a black Superman, but he should not be Kal-El. And there is already a black Superman...He is called Icon. Give me a latino or indian Superman....Do not post that video plz.
There's also the one from that other earth. He's in Final Crisis. And he's also suppose to be the main character in Multiversity, when it comes out.
that's the forementioned Earth-D superman
#10 Posted by Multiverse (277 posts) - - Show Bio

1. The best way to think of my current set of planned blog posts is as describing an alternate universe. The word relaunch is there mainly as a shameless attempt to attract readers.
 
2. I welcome reader comments, even the negative ones, so if you want to discourage me from posting more blogs just don't comment at all.

#11 Posted by saintutd (52 posts) - - Show Bio

Bloody hell mate! I know u said don't comment if u don't want us to post ur blogs (sorry guys), but don't do it me ginger wonder! All u had were negative comments, STOP in the name of all that is holy!! Go write for readers digest! Can't u take a hint?? No??? Let the "saint" master give u a tip,,, I know the Nike slogan "just do it" well everytime u get the need to write a blog think "just don't do it" much apperciated ya fruit cake, u have a good nite now ;-)

#12 Posted by Comicfan47 (706 posts) - - Show Bio

Uhhh?????? They're trying to get fans not lose them??? You should write the Green Arrow one now I got to see that...

#13 Posted by KidSupreme (829 posts) - - Show Bio

@Multiverse: Well i don't want to be mean. If you had relaunched DC new 52 comics I totally would have not bought any issues. Personally do not like your ideas and I agree with another person who commented before, had superman come has an adult he would technically be a lot like general Zod. Anyways its nice to see someone elses idea on what they would do with the new 52's.

#14 Posted by ArturoCalaKayVee (11738 posts) - - Show Bio

Interesting..

#15 Posted by HolySerpent (12565 posts) - - Show Bio

Im kind of looking forward to your version of batman

#16 Posted by Imagine_Man15 (1801 posts) - - Show Bio

I know this is a late comment, but I have to say... I actually like this idea. I think I'm the first one, but... I think would totally read this.

#17 Posted by CrimsonCake (2677 posts) - - Show Bio

I like that your taking a creative path with this,there have been other alternate versions of superman where he was adopted by the Wayne family and became batman.So your idea isn't that obscure compared to what other writers have done.

#18 Posted by Twentyfive (2845 posts) - - Show Bio

I would read your new 52. I see the average CVer is intolerant, and afraid of change, but change is welcome where I come from. In a few decades, this country will have changed so drastically, that the average CVer wouldn't be able to say anything.

#19 Edited by COBRAMORPH (1562 posts) - - Show Bio

No.

Clark/Kal-El becomes Superman. Linda Danvers becomes Supergirl. Meet Mon-El, he becomes Superboy1 for a brief time. & through him sorta the Daximites, because of Lead poisoning, he goes into the Phantom Zone until the Legion saves him. When Kara Zor-El crashes she becomes Supergirl2 & Linda Becomes PowerGirl. Connor is cloned. Becomes Superboy2. While he is dead, Mon-El sadly briefly is thought cured & becomes Superboy again.

Clark has Krypto

Linda: Streaky

Kara: owns a horse named Comet, & her boyfriend is Comet's human form. Love triangle with his Centaur form, who is evil.

Con- Beppo

Cir Kal-El shows up sometimes. She would be Ariella. Works with Natasha & Traci.

Dont know anything about Secundus, but he'd be Connor's Superboy.

The Red& Blue electric Superman(S) would be from alternate earth(S)

Kristen Kruik wouldnt exist, Lana Chloe Lang would be from Smallville, & then when Lana's character got weird when she became a witch, she'd then adopt Chloe's role as Clark's friend & sorta help him for the JL.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.