if i could have powers i would want it to be kryptonian

#1 Posted by sumafatrider (59 posts) - - Show Bio

imagine flying and not having a care in the world cause almost nothing can hurt you,man i would be the most powerfull hippy ,

superman has the best powers compared to any other hero in the comics,he is the real deal little about him have changed since he first came out,people try to make second hand heros like thor as good as him but come on,no super hero is more than superman,ofcoarse there are more cooler heros like wolverine,but supes has everything he can do almost everything

#2 Posted by Press Oblivion (1643 posts) - - Show Bio

I think I would be Martian.

#3 Posted by BlackWind (6785 posts) - - Show Bio

@Press Oblivion said:

I think I would be Martian.

Martian powers over kryptonian powers all day errday.

#4 Posted by Impala (264 posts) - - Show Bio

i would chose Coluan over Martian and Kryptonian and everything else.

#5 Posted by JonSmith (3996 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm going to go with the Martian powerset. Kryptonians are great, and provided we're discussing utilizing said powers in a real world environment, possibly more safe considering there wouldn't be any Kryptonite to hurt you, compared to the much more common weakness of Martians: Fire.

However, the shapeshifting, possible telekinesis (STILL haven't gotten a definite answer on whether that's included in Martian abilities), telepathy, along with the myriad other abilities AND the many uses of Martian Vision (as opposed to the Kryptonians standard heat vision), in addition to the near (if not total) immortality of said Martian abilities, appeals to me far more. I'm sure I could I figure out a way to make myself immune to the fire problem eventually.

I'll burn that bridge when I get to it.

#6 Posted by jobbernos (1420 posts) - - Show Bio

same.

#7 Posted by r3d_rob1n (541 posts) - - Show Bio

Being given a Lantern Ring would also be fun. It would also keep you constantly interested rather than becoming bored with so much power.

#8 Posted by krspaceT (1493 posts) - - Show Bio

Maybe a element Lad type of guy.....all the elements at my command!

#9 Posted by sumafatrider (59 posts) - - Show Bio

i smoke i cnt smoke if i was martian,that would suck

#10 Posted by Dark_Vengeance_ (14949 posts) - - Show Bio

I would have Batman powers

#11 Posted by Saucedo17 (135 posts) - - Show Bio

Lantern Ring for me, I can just imagine kryptanight or red sun radiation and fire isn't really hard to find

#12 Posted by PowerHerc (85058 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd want to be an Olympian God (the whole eternally youthful thing and all) but after than I'd pick Kryptonian.

#13 Posted by Epicbeast3000 (956 posts) - - Show Bio

@PowerHerc said:

@PowerHerc:

@PowerHerc said:

I'd want to be an Olympian God (the whole eternally youthful thing and all) but after than I'd pick Kryptonian.

Aye, verily
#14 Posted by Superguy0009e (2265 posts) - - Show Bio

Spider powers would be fun, especially if I could make my own web. Just imagine being faster, stronger and being able to move around better than everyone else.

#15 Posted by NiKva (94 posts) - - Show Bio

If you're Kryptonian, then there must be a Krypton.

Which means worst weakness ever :(

I'd rather be an X-man.

#16 Posted by AllStarSuperman (22210 posts) - - Show Bio

if i had powers id be Kryptonian or have the omnitrix

#17 Posted by Jean199999 (548 posts) - - Show Bio

@sumafatrider said:

second hand heros like thor
#18 Posted by sumafatrider (59 posts) - - Show Bio

@Jean199999 said:

@sumafatrider said:

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!! not another thor vs superman debate NOOOOOO!!

we all know the truth you like thor may be he is cooler,but superman is better,and you know it

#19 Posted by Jean199999 (548 posts) - - Show Bio

@sumafatrider:I prefer not to compare them anyway.

#20 Posted by LoganRogue24 (1187 posts) - - Show Bio

i would be kryptonian then i could date supergirl or power girl.

#21 Posted by RideASpaceCowboy (531 posts) - - Show Bio

I was all set to demonstrate how Martian abilities such as shape-shifting and telepathy would provide more utility than those of a Kryptonian, but numerous posters seem to have pointed that out already. Instead, I'll simply add that Kryptonian still comes third on the list, as quantum powers such as those afforded to Dr. Manhattan would also be preferable.

#22 Posted by JonSmith (3996 posts) - - Show Bio

@RideASpaceCowboy said:

I was all set to demonstrate how Martian abilities such as shape-shifting and telepathy would provide more utility than those of a Kryptonian, but numerous posters seem to have pointed that out already. Instead, I'll simply add that Kryptonian still comes third on the list, as quantum powers such as those afforded to Dr. Manhattan would also be preferable.

Yeah, the Quantum powers also brings the whole versatility, but it brings with it such cold detachment and loss of humanity that it really isn't preferable. What's the point of suddenly having superpowers if you're so far removed from what life that you can't enjoy them?

#23 Posted by UltimateSMfan (1440 posts) - - Show Bio

@LoganRogue24: good point!!

#24 Posted by RideASpaceCowboy (531 posts) - - Show Bio

@JonSmith said:

@RideASpaceCowboy said:

Yeah, the Quantum powers also brings the whole versatility, but it brings with it such cold detachment and loss of humanity that it really isn't preferable. What's the point of suddenly having superpowers if you're so far removed from what life that you can't enjoy them?

Your question seems to presuppose that pleasure is a higher value than truth, understanding, and enlightenment. I may be in the minority, but I'm more intellectually curious than hedonistic.

#25 Posted by mk111 (3141 posts) - - Show Bio

Hmm. While it would be awesome to have Superman's powers, I think I'd prefer:

Having a Green Lantern

Doomsday's powers (I can learn any power after seeing it, and no obvious weakness! Score!)

Phoenix (Fire, telepathy, I can eat suns, etc)

#26 Posted by sethysquare (3843 posts) - - Show Bio

@sumafatrider said:

@Jean199999 said:

@sumafatrider said:

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!! not another thor vs superman debate NOOOOOO!!

we all know the truth you like thor may be he is cooler,but superman is better,and you know it

lol. i don't really wanna pick up a stupid hammer. so i'll say i'd rather have kryptonian powers. Superman never grows old anyways.

I would pick martians but i dun wanna look ugly, so kryptonian it is.

#27 Posted by sethysquare (3843 posts) - - Show Bio

@LoganRogue24 said:

i would be kryptonian then i could date supergirl or power girl.

uhm incest?

#28 Posted by JonSmith (3996 posts) - - Show Bio

@RideASpaceCowboy said:

Your question seems to presuppose that pleasure is a higher value than truth, understanding, and enlightenment. I may be in the minority, but I'm more intellectually curious than hedonistic.

I'm afraid you misunderstand. I'm not saying that intellectual understanding is secondary to personal satisfactory use of ones powers of choice, I'm saying that Manhattan's powers would prevent you from enjoying them at all. Even your version of enjoyment, the apparent expansion of knowledge/understanding, etc, is null and void with Manhattan's abilities. You'd know more yes, but you'd have no more desire to know more. You'd gain no satisfaction from this knowledge, and any curiosity you may possess to learn even more than that would be gone.

So there's no point to gaining those greater powers if more knowledge is your goal, because any desire to learn more would eventually vanish once you gained those powers.

Hence why Martian and Kryptonian abilities are considered more satisfactory.

#29 Posted by Jean199999 (548 posts) - - Show Bio

@sethysquare: Yup I picked kryptonian too, easier choice.

#30 Posted by RideASpaceCowboy (531 posts) - - Show Bio

@JonSmith said:

@RideASpaceCowboy said:

I'm afraid you misunderstand. I'm not saying that intellectual understanding is secondary to personal satisfactory use of ones powers of choice, I'm saying that Manhattan's powers would prevent you from enjoying them at all. Even your version of enjoyment, the apparent expansion of knowledge/understanding, etc, is null and void with Manhattan's abilities. You'd know more yes, but you'd have no more desire to know more. You'd gain no satisfaction from this knowledge, and any curiosity you may possess to learn even more than that would be gone.

So there's no point to gaining those greater powers if more knowledge is your goal, because any desire to learn more would eventually vanish once you gained those powers.

Hence why Martian and Kryptonian abilities are considered more satisfactory.

"Thermodynamic miracles... events with odds against so astronomical they're effectively impossible, like oxygen spontaneously becoming gold. I long to observe such a thing." -Dr. Manhattan

As evidenced from the quote above, Dr. Manhattan does retain his intellectual curiosity and desire for expanded knowledge, even with his changed perspective.

I do agree with you though that Martian powers would be more desirable still.

#31 Posted by Epicbeast3000 (956 posts) - - Show Bio

@sumafatrider: THOR IS BETTER ALL THE WAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#32 Posted by Epicbeast3000 (956 posts) - - Show Bio

I would want an elder god's powers, But i am not sure if I could handle so much power. If i could not, i would like captain america's powers

#33 Posted by sumafatrider (59 posts) - - Show Bio

@Epicbeast3000: ahhhh sure man whatever

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.