Follow

Superman

Character » Superman appears in 18886 issues.

Sent to Earth as an infant from the dying planet Krypton, Kal-El was adopted by the loving Kent family and raised in America's heartland as Clark Kent. Using his immense solar-fueled powers, he became Superman to defend mankind against all manner of threats while championing truth, justice, and the American way!

Idiots guide to Kryptonite

Bezza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 7

#1  Edited By Bezza

right, can someone set me straight on this. We all know kryptonite kills superman, eventually, but I'm confused by the various portrayal of what it does. Does it poison him slowly and does it remove all his powers as it did in Superman Returns, where the Kevin Spacey's Luthor was able to suddenly beat superman up. I don't really understand why kryptonite would turn superman into the equivalent of a normal man. In that same film a shard of kryptonite was shown to pierce his normally inpeneterable skin, which I couldn't really work out either. Anyway please educate me on this!

w0nd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By w0nd

@bezza: People will try to give you a definite answer, but there isn't one. In all cases it's poison, but it's the writer who decides how much pain it causes him. In Batman superman he was shot with it and was still strong enough to rip down an electric fence. In smallville he was trapped is a cave of it and he was visibly irritated and in pain but was walking around helping Lex still move rocks and rubble. In some stories a chunk of rock place near him and he can't even get up and move, but in superman returns he lifts an island made of it.

Just depends who gets their hands on him in all honesty

gator4eva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Yeah there isn't a definite answer as to how much of it does this or that to him. It could be the size of a dime and make him fall to his knees or it could be the size of a bowling ball and he still has some of his powers to some extent. It's really based on who is writing the story.

Eternal19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It all depends on the writer.

Avatar image for deathpoolthet1000
    DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Actually it had never work, i made Clark belive it did, then i made Hal and his friend belive the color yellow does the same, i did ti because.... I AM BATMAN!!!
    Actually it had never work, i made Clark belive it did, then i made Hal and his friend belive the color yellow does the same, i did ti because.... I AM BATMAN!!!

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.