Follow

Superman

Character » Superman appears in 18939 issues.

Sent to Earth as an infant from the dying planet Krypton, Kal-El was adopted by the loving Kent family and raised in America's heartland as Clark Kent. Using his immense solar-fueled powers, he became Superman to defend mankind against all manner of threats while championing truth, justice, and the American way!

I have Questions for the Superman haters and fans

• 96 results
    Eternal19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Eternal19

Hater questions:

why do you hate him? What form of media(comics,TV,movies etc) was your biggest exposure to Superman? Have you read any of his comics? If you have read his comics what era were they from? Will you read his comics if they get good reviews or have a star creative team? Is there any Elseworlds form of superman that you enjoy? What would you change about him to make him more enjoyable for you?

Fan Questions:

Why do you love Superman?What form of media(comics,TV,movies etc) was your biggest exposure to Superman?What made you want to read his comics? What common misconceptions about Superman annoy you? What do you usually say when you hear these common misconceptions? What Superman story would you recommend to the haters?

P.S. NO INSULTS this is a discussion among people who like superman and those who don't to really understand why they have those fellings toward the charecter.

SmashBrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By SmashBrawler

Lots of Superman threads lately...

Anyway, since I'm most certainly not a hater:

@Eternal19 said:

Fan Questions:

Why do you love Superman?

He's an entertaining character; his morals are unique and only shared by a handful of characters nowadays; he's got a potentially amazing supporting cast and rogues gallery; he's got the potential to star in some of the most amazing comic books ever (and has done so); he's an unique mixture of different superhero tropes, allowing him to star in stories of classic, cosmic, magic or gritty nature.

What form of media(comics,TV,movies etc) was your biggest exposure to Superman?

My first media exposure was either Superman (1978) or the comic books, since my dad is a huge Superman fan.

What made you want to read his comics?

Originally, I grew up reading his comics because they were lent to me, but I ended up reading most of the ones I have by my own.

What common misconceptions about Superman annoy you?

That he's overpowered, that his only ability is being super-powerful and nothing else, that he's a waste of character, that he has never been in anything good.

What do you usually say when you hear these common misconceptions?

"Have you ever read one of his greatest comics?". If the answer is "no", I just walk away or recommend one, depending on the attitude of the other guy.

What Superman story would you recommend to the haters?

Tons. "What's So Funny About Truth, Justice and the American Way?", "All Star Superman", "Red Son", "Birthright", "Last Son", "Earth One", Grant Morrison's Action Comics, just to name a few.

ssejllenrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By ssejllenrad

Why do you love Superman? -He's an icon. He is among the few that remains that retains the values of the golden age of superheroes. I said it once, I'll say it a thousand more times. He is timeless.

What form of media(comics,TV,movies etc) was your biggest exposure to Superman? -Became a fan due to Reeve's Movies but the biggest exposure I have right now is of comics.

What made you want to read his comics? -Kingdom Come and Death of Superman. My collection exploded from there.

What common misconceptions about Superman annoy you? -Superman is unrelatable. Superman is overpowered. Superman has a poor rogues gallery. And most of all... GOKU WOULD BEAT THE LIVING SH*T OUT OF SUPERMAN

What do you usually say when you hear these common misconceptions? -"Dumb*sses!"

What Superman story would you recommend to the haters? -None. Haters be hatin. But for those with an open mind, I would suggest All-Star Superman, Red Son, Kingdom Come, Birthright, Man of Steel (Including its sequel For all Seasons), New52 Action Comics, and the arcs towards the end of pre-52 (From Last Son to War of Supermen, Skip Grounded then read Reign of Doomsdays).

Saucedo17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Saucedo17

I don't exactly hat Superman is that fans make him sound very very overpowered for example able to move a whole planet or his enemy only challenge him because he holds back heck I almost didn't read Batman because of fan boys in tell I herd that he actually does get logistically beat but overcomes at the end and is always challenge with Superman all I hear is him being challenge because he holds back and that just doesn't sound appealing to me.

Rumble Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#5  Edited By Rumble Man

@Eternal19:

• Why do you love Superman? he exemplifies what heroes ought to be
    • What form of media(comics,TV,movies etc) was your biggest exposure to Superman? animated series (timm)
    • What made you want to read his comics? his elseworlds are good (red son)
    • What common misconceptions about Superman annoy you? strongest character in DC/overpowered
    • What do you usually say when you hear these common misconceptions? show em more tougher ones
    • What Superman story would you recommend to the haters? Kingdom Come
    joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#6  Edited By joshmightbe

@Saucedo17: Most of the haters almost exclusively bring up silver age feats while completely ignoring the fact the the silver age was pretty much universally retarded at DC. He hasn't been able to move a planet on his own since Crisis on Infinite Earths ended way back in 1985. I never understood why people can easily forget how dumb silver age Batman was but with Superman they pretend they're hasn't been any character development since 1978.

sinestro_GL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 8

#7  Edited By sinestro_GL

Fan Questions:

Firstly, he's the best there is. Moreover, I love the poetry about him: He's an alien, yet he represents the best that man can be.

Of course, the comic books...but being a 90's kid, I was greatly exposed to Superman: The animated Series

Well, when I started reading superhero comics, I started with the Bat...naturally, Superman would follow sooner or later.

Superman is overpowered, bla bla bla.

Normally, I try in vain to put logic into the argument. In fact, I wrote a blog post about it here: http://www.comicvine.com/myvine/sinestro_gl/superman-why-all-the-hating/87-79783/

Superman For All Seasons

Avatar image for g_money_christmas
    G_Money_Christmas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By G_Money_Christmas
    • Why do you love Superman? He is just a good all around character, who has morals unlike most others. Even though he has powers, he is an every-man.
    • What form of media(comics,TV,movies etc) was your biggest exposure to Superman? New 52 Action Comics. I'm relatively new to liking Superman. I wouldn't say I was a hater, but I shared some of the common misconceptions about him. I don't really know why I became so interested in him, but he has become my favorite superhero.
    • What made you want to read his comics? To be completely honest, this sounds kind of bad, but I thought the cover of Action Comics: Superman and the Men of Steel was awesome so I bought it and then I was hooked.
    • What common misconceptions about Superman annoy you? Overpowered, poor rogues gallery.
    • What do you usually say when you hear these common misconceptions? Actually look into him as a character
    • What Superman story would you recommend to the haters? I don't have a huge collection yet. I mainly have the New 52 stuff. I own Ending Battle, Brainiac, and Birthright and I'm trying to expand my collection of both New 52 books plus some of his older ones. I had those common misconceptions myself, but once you actually start reading about the character himself, you realize how wrong you were.
    MrShway88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By MrShway88

@TheAcidSkull said:

use to hate him, now i may not be crazy about him but he is a good character

This was the same with me. Hated him when I was younger but read a few of his stories and now I think he is a great hero.

Stormbox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#11  Edited By Stormbox

Well, i dont know if im a fully fledged fan yet, but since ive liked what ive read so far...

Why do you love Superman? Well, he seems to be an interesting character with many facets to explore. of course, ive yet to discover many of the things his fans love about him

What form of media(comics,TV,movies etc) was your biggest exposure to Superman? His movies (live action and animated) and his animated series (plus justice league, jlu, legion of superheroes and young justice). i didnt start reading superman until very recently

What made you want to read his comics? The man of steel movie

What common misconceptions about Superman annoy you? Well he doesnt seem to be super overpowered at all, not to mention that hes not dumb or naive, so i guess those misconceptions annoy me

What do you usually say when you hear these common misconceptions? I guess i would ask if they have ever read a superman comic

What Superman story would you recommend to the haters? I havent read much, but i would recommend new 52 action comics, all star superman, superman: red son and kingdom come

tahmidk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By tahmidk

answer to all the questions

CUZ HES A BEAST!!!!!

SmashBrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By SmashBrawler

I have to say that I'm kinda dissapointed no Superman haters have showed up yet.

Stormbox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Stormbox

@SmashBrawler: Yea i wanted to see another point of view on this

SandMan_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By SandMan_
    @Stormbox said:

@SmashBrawler: Yea i wanted to see another point of view on this

Its kinda always the same opinion really.
    Twentyfive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Twentyfive

Superman is the first hero I have ever known. When I turned 2, my dad drew a kickass Superman drawing. Wish I still had it.

Common misconception that annoys me? I don't know. The closest thing that I could say annoys me when people reject him is that since he is super strong, and almost indestructible, he is not interesting. To that I say you are reading the wrong stuff. The best Superman stories have never been about the action. As a matter of fact, there is no good story that is all action. Buy the stories that examine Superman's character, and you will see why he isn't as one-dimensional as you think.

If you hate Superman, I suggest reading For All Seasons. Heartfelt Superman tale. One of my favorite Superhero stories, and it was written by Leob, if you can believe it.

INLIFE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By INLIFE

Questions:

He is what we all attempt to be and does everything in his power so that humanity has the morals to achieve the greatest of things. He is immortal and timeless as an icon and a representation of what is at the end of the path that enforces all that is good, justice, peace, love, and hope. Superman has inspired many young children to become scientists and good doers. He was and will always be my hero. I do not doubt that it is the same thing for people everywhere on Earth.

Superman: The animated Series

To read about my hero......Obviously.

Superman is overpowered, indestructible, and unbeatable. I am greatly annoyed when I see people hating him due to the misconception that he is flawless. People randomly saying that Batman would beat Superman because he is Batman brings me very close to rage.

I have not tried it yet............I will instantly venture to Youtube, land of the Superman haters (misinformed people really), and defend Superman and all that he represents. However, I will most surely be spammed.

Superman For All Seasons, All-Star Superman.

What most ignore is that Superman does not have to be Kal-El from the planet Krypton. Superman can appear in anything where humans try to declare their attempt at peace and true justice for all. In reality, Superman is everywhere. You do not x-ray vision to see that, just look at the world really hard and from another perspective.

ssejllenrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By ssejllenrad

An update on my post... Common misconception I hate the most is when people think Batman can beat Superman because of one ring with a pebble-sized kryptonite. Hell the misconception that Superman faints at the very sight of a Kryptonite pisses me off.

No Caption Provided

That is a kryptonite ring he's wearing people!

Avatar image for supermanfan1234
    supermanfan1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By supermanfan1234

@Eternal19 said:

Hater questions:

why do you hate him? What form of media(comics,TV,movies etc) was your biggest exposure to Superman? Have you read any of his comics? If you have read his comics what era were they from? Will you read his comics if they get good reviews or have a star creative team? Is there any Elseworlds form of superman that you enjoy? What would you change about him to make him more enjoyable for you?

Fan Questions:

Why do you love Superman?What form of media(comics,TV,movies etc) was your biggest exposure to Superman?What made you want to read his comics? What common misconceptions about Superman annoy you? What do you usually say when you hear these common misconceptions? What Superman story would you recommend to the haters?

P.S. NO INSULTS this is a discussion among people who like superman and those who don't to really understand why they have those fellings toward the charecter.

i love superman because of what he stands for, hes the best and never gives up.

my biggest exposure to superman was the reeve movies(rip christover reeve).

i wanted to read his comics to find out more about the character and see what he is actually like.

common misconceptions that annoy me are,he faints at the sight of kryptonite,hes dumb and a christ figure.

any superman story by grant morrison,return and death of superman,red son,birthright.

Onemoreposter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Onemoreposter

Why do you love Superman? He always does the right thing. He always wins. The man can fly and bend steel.

What form of media(comics,TV,movies etc) was your biggest exposure to Superman? Initially? Probably the Reeve movies and Flescher cartoons, but definitely comics by the time I was 12 or 13

What made you want to read his comics? I got into other comics initially and had always liked the character so I figured, let's give it a shot.

What common misconceptions about Superman annoy you? People seem to think he's weaker than a regular person when it comes to magic, which is not the case.

What do you usually say when you hear these common misconceptions? Not much.

What Superman story would you recommend to the haters? Only one? How about "Man of Steel" by John Byrne. It's a bit dated, but still a great story.

SmashBrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By SmashBrawler

And here I am, still waiting for the haters.

Gambit1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 9

#22  Edited By Gambit1024

• He's the superhero. Without him, there'd be no industry, and many people fail to recognize that. He's a beacon of hope. Despite everything he's lost, he still does the hero thing with a smile on his face because it's the right thing to do. He may be a god among men, but in some ways, he's more human than any of the DC characters.

• The JL and JLU Bruce Timm series was no doubt the first and one of the best exposures to Superman I've ever had, but it was Mark Waid's Superman: Birthright that made me fall in love with the character.

• After Birthright, I was desperate to look into his other origin stories. I've read them all, including Red Son, Man of Steel, Secret Origin, and Earth One. Waid's is still the best, but Red Son and Man of Steel were excellent as well. There's also a whole bunch of other stories I've read since then, but the origins are what got me interested, as it's an American classic.

• He's too powerful. He's boring. Batman's better. Why doesn't he kill?

• No, his villains are too weak and have been in desperate need of a power-up for a long time. The powers aren't the point of the character, it's his morality that's important. Besides, Martian Manhunter can do much more harm that Superman can, but nobody seems to notice. He's not boring if you know the right stories to read. Batman's a completely different character, and Superman can end him in milliseconds if he chose to. He doesn't kill because he doesn't stoop down to that level. What gives him the right to end someone's life?

• Superman: Birthright, Red Son, Brainiac, Last Son, Kingdom Come, Man of Steel, Earth One, and of course, All-Star Superman.
    Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

#23  Edited By Lvenger
    • Why do you love Superman - He embodies the best attributes of humanity and selflessly uses his powers to help others. He's a shining example of what a superhero should be and acts as a symbol of how we can strive to be better.
    • What form of media(comics,TV,movies etc) was your biggest exposure to Superman? - The 1940s Fleischer cartoon, the 1990 Superman cartoon and the Justice League cartoon.
    • What made you want to read his comics? - What made me want to read Superman's ongoing adventures resulted from my dad buying me a couple Superman comics to keep me quiet whilst we waited to pick my brother up from school. Later that year, I started reading Superman and other comics regularly.
    • What common misconceptions about Superman annoy you? - The fact that he's too good, too powerful and not as relatable as other heroes.
    • What do you usually say when you hear these common misconceptions? - Superman's goodness is one of his most endearing traits. The fact he always does the right thing is definitely a relevant trait in comics. As for too powerful, have you ever heard of Dr Strange, Silver Surfer, Captain Atom, Martian Manhunter or Mr Majestic? And has anyone ever considered that the whole thing about Batman doesn't make him relatable at all?
    • What Superman story would you recommend to the haters? - Either All Star Superman or Man of Steel by John Bryne.
    Saucedo17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Saucedo17

@Lvenger said:

• Why do you love Superman - He embodies the best attributes of kryptonanity and selflessly uses his powers to help others. He's a shining example of what a superhero should be and acts as a symbol of how we can strive to be better.
    • What form of media(comics,TV,movies etc) was your biggest exposure to Superman? - The 1940s Fleischer cartoon, the 1990 Superman cartoon and the Justice League cartoon.
    • What made you want to read his comics? - What made me want to read Superman's ongoing adventures resulted from my dad buying me a couple Superman comics to keep me quiet whilst we waited to pick my brother up from school. Later that year, I started reading Superman and other comics regularly.
    • What common misconceptions about Superman annoy you? - The fact that he's too good, too powerful and not as relatable as other heroes.
    • What do you usually say when you hear these common misconceptions? - Superman's goodness is one of his most endearing traits. The fact he always does the right thing is definitely a relevant trait in comics. As for too powerful, have you ever heard of Dr Strange, Silver Surfer, Captain Atom, Martian Manhunter or Mr Majestic? And has anyone ever considered that the whole thing about Batman doesn't make him relatable at all?
    • What Superman story would you recommend to the haters? - Either All Star Superman or Man of Steel by John Bryne.

fix

SoA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

#25  Edited By SoA

im not a huge fan of superman but i don't hate him (anymore) i would say the new 52 helped me get to know and respect the character (i know a lot of DC fans are against it but idc about them lol) i also read and loved earth-1 and read all-star superman and kingdom come .though he is not my favorite , i got a new found respect for him .

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Lvenger

@Saucedo17: What's with the change? He represents the best of humanity. He was raised on Earth, not Krypton. His morals represent the better attributes of humanity all rolled into one. Despite his alien status, he's one of the most human comic book characters there is and I fail to see how you can think so otherwise. Prove me wrong.

BlackWind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By BlackWind

I once was in the camp of believing Superman was an overpowered Gary Stu. But the Justice League cartoon changed my opinion, on his powers, and personality. No matter how powerful he is, in the end, he is a man who was raised on a farm with morals, respect, and good old decency. Superman is meant to symbolise something better than we are. And being good isn't simply hard wired into him, lhe has dark urges he fights, but overcomes because he wants to be better.

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 7

#28  Edited By Squalleon

Fan Questions:

He is everything we strive to be!

Mainly comics and Tv shows but i remember the theme from superman the movie like something extraordinary

I wasn't much of a fan of superman when i was younger,when i grew up i understood for what that hero was fighting for and i saw some true depth!

That he is dump and a boy scout(in a bad way)

I give facts to prove them wrong!

A Hater wouldn't understand the legacy of All Star Superman because of lack of experience with the character....so.......Grant Morrison's Action Comics run,Red Son,What's so funny about truth and justice the american way,birthright and Superman : For All Seasons.

SmashBrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By SmashBrawler

Bumping this because most of the posts here come from Superman fans and even the ones that don't, aren't really "hating" on Superman.

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By joshmightbe

@SmashBrawler: Most of the haters are just going to give you the exact same played out argument they always do. Some of these haters do have their own legitimate complaints but most are just trying to look cool by hating on Superman

SmashBrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By SmashBrawler

@joshmightbe: And that's the reason I'm not seeing any haters here. Even they know most of their points are moot anyway.

SavageDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#32  Edited By SavageDragon

Superman the animated series was a great show. Check it out folks.

Mediumguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Mediumguy
    • Why do you love Superman? He's the shining example of a Superhero done right.
    • What form of media(comics,TV,movies etc) was your biggest exposure to Superman? Superman TAS
    • What made you want to read his comics? Superman TAS
    • What common misconceptions about Superman annoy you? Goku can beat him.
    • What do you usually say when you hear these common misconceptions? Goku never flew so fast he went back in time...Goku can't lift the earth if he wanted to.
    • What Superman story would you recommend to the haters? All Star Superman.
    Cap10nate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

#34  Edited By Cap10nate

Never really read much of Supes. Not that I don't like the character but because I mostly prefer to read street level stories like Cap, Winter Soldier, Daredevil, Nightwing, etc. My question is, Which of his best stories actually occur in canon? Aren't most of the ones that have been recommended so far been one off stories? Could someone separate the list of best stories to canon and non? Sorry that was three questions.

SmashBrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By SmashBrawler

@Cap10nate: There's actually a lot of great Superman stories that are canon. But I get what you mean, since stuff like All Star and Red Son are usually in the top of people's lists.

Non-canon:

• All Star Superman
    • Superman: Red Son
    • Superman: Whatever Happened to the Man of Tomorrow?
    • Superman: Earth One (aka Ultimate Superman)
    • JLA: The Nail (more of a Justice League story but Supes is probably one of the most important characters)
    • Kingdom Come (same as the Nail)

The following are not really canon anymore, for obvious reasons, but they were canon at one point or the other:

• For The Man Who Has Everything
    • The Man of Steel
    • Superman: For All Seasons
    • Superman: Birthright
    • Superman: Last Son
    • Superman and the Legion of Superheroes
    • Superman: Brainiac
    • The Death of Superman
    • Superman: Peace on Earth (I don't know if this is canon, but it doesn't conflict with anything so it might as well be)
    • Loeb's run in Superman/Batman (Public Enemies, Supergirl/Apocalypse, Absolute Power, With a Vengeance aka Superman and Batman vs the Ultimates)

And the only canon one right now is Grant Morrison's run in Action Comics.

Cap10nate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

#36  Edited By Cap10nate

@SmashBrawler: Awesome. Thank you very much.I always though birthright, all seasons, and last son were non canon which is why I thought there were few canon stories that people viewed as the best. I have some free time coming up next month and thinking about reading some supes so this list will be a great help.

SmashBrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By SmashBrawler

@Cap10nate: No problem. Birthright is the origin story that replaced Man of Steel and For All Seasons is supposed to be a companion piece for Man of Steel, although it is a little bit disconnected from Byrne's run ,which is why a lot of people think it's either non-canon or another origin story. Last Son is/was canon, and was also the beggining for the New Krypton stuff (which I haven't read). The best way to sum it up is: Superman Returns done right.

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By joshmightbe

@BlueLantern1995: I don't get why people hate the idealism so much, I'm not saying its the only way to go but its good to see that there is one hero out their that's doing it for all the right reasons. He's not out for revenge or being a hero out of a since of guilt. He's just a character who just wants to do good for its own sake and that actually makes him pretty unique in this day and age. There is most definitely many great stories you can tell with the vengeance and guilt driven guys but a little idealism every now and then can be pretty refreshing.

Saucedo17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Saucedo17

@Lvenger:

You sir are taking it way too serious

GunGunW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By GunGunW

Fan Questions:

What don't I love about Superman is a better question?

Originally movies/TV but now it's altered to comics since that was my favorite version of him

The fact I love him so much

He's over powered (even though there are other heroes that fit the reason why people complain about him more than he does), his weakness is pathetic, etc.

Martian Manhunter is all that Superman is and has mind raping abilities. Thor has forty powers with his hammer. Forty. Every Superman clone has tried to one up him in one way or another.

Kingdom Come, Secret Origins, All-Star Superman, Action Comics # 775

@Eternal19: Just want to let you know that you're my favorite poster on ComicVine! Always love your blog posts and questions!

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By the_stegman  Moderator

It would literally take me a page to explain the reasons why I love Superman, I should probably write an essay on it one, day, but to sum it up. I love Superman because he's what I want to strive to become, he's not perfect, he's suffered many loses in his life, and has only become stronger because of them, he lost his entire species (twice) and is living in a world where he will never truly belong, a stranger in a strange land, he represents the  loneliness  that we all face at one point or another, yet also, the hope to carry on regardless. He's a true icon, not just to the people in the DC Universe, but to us as well, he shows that you don't need to be ruled by vengeance or darkness to be an interesting hero, but rather by sticking to your ideas and morals, you don't need to be ''dark or brooding'' he's just the opposite, he literally draws his power from the light. There's a reason why he's endeared for over 70 years, he's an icon, a symbol of goodness, a  cultural   phenomenon, a beacon of hope...you know what, a picture is worth a thousand words... 

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    BlackWind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By BlackWind

@Mediumguy: You wouldn't believe how much I hear that "Cuz Goku can beet him/Goku da best and strongest hero eva" nonsense.

Mediumguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Mediumguy

@BlackWind: You're telling me, it all comes down to "Well Goku can go Super Saiyan and Spirit bomb blah blah blah".

BlackWind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By BlackWind

@Mediumguy: I really have a hard time understanding why some people think more power makes a better hero.

Eternal19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Eternal19

@GunGunW: Thanks!!!

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Lvenger

There's no sarcasm button on here. How was I supposed to know youu were joking?

Onemoreposter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Onemoreposter

@The Stegman: And pictures WITH words are worth...well...even more words.

Love the scans though. What's that from?

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By the_stegman  Moderator
    @Onemoreposter:  It's from "Superman: Grounded"
    An arc that happened right before the New 52.
    Onemoreposter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Onemoreposter

@The Stegman: Ah, I remember hearing about it, but I only heard bad things so I never collected it. I might have to go back and check it out now.

TheCannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 47

#50  Edited By TheCannon

I think I have to answer both. I am a huge fan in the New 52, but hate him Pre-Flashpoint. The hater questions will be me before the New 52, and the Fan Questions will be me after the New 52.

Hater Questions

Why do you hate him: He's an overgrown boy scout in a fag*y costume.

What form of media (Comics, TV, movies etc) was your biggest exposure to Superman: Superman: The Animated Series. I loved that show and was disappointed when I started to read his comics.

Have you read any of his comics: Yes. I read the Death of Superman over and over.

If you have read his comics what era were they from: A few reprints from the 30s & 40s, a bunch from the 70s & 80s, and the Death of Superman stuff in the 90s. And the New 52

Will you read his comics if they get good reviews or have a star creative team: If it's written by Geoff Johns, I'll give him a chance.

Is there any Elseworlds form of Superman that you enjoy: I never read any Elseworlds.

What would you change about him to make him more enjoyable for you: Kill him and have Supergirl take over in his place.

Fan Questions

Why do you love Superman: He has an amazing costume, good stories, amazing villains, a good personality, etc.

What form of media (comics, TV, movies etc) was your biggest exposure to Superman: STAS & comics

What made you read his comics: I wanted to see what the New 52 was like, and Supes was one of only three series I could find (at the time)

What common misconceptions about Superman annoy you: Not sure.

What do you usually say when you hear these common misconceptions: Not sure.

What Superman story would you recommend to the haters: Anything in the New 52.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.