I got an idea for a Superman story.

#1 Posted by Teerack (6458 posts) - - Show Bio

So basically Lex Luther will be on his death bed about to die in a few hours from that one disease he got from caring around all that krptonite for all those years, and then in a last effort to beat Superman he swaps bodies with Superman and Superman dies while Lex gets to live in his body. With Lex Luther's mind and all of Superman's abilities he will be come the true Superior Superman, and then like maybe as a cool plot point the ghost of Clark Kent will follow him around and try to make sure he doesn't abuse his powers.

What do you guys think?

#2 Edited by clonesaga2099 (96 posts) - - Show Bio

Genius!

#3 Posted by Gambit1024 (9890 posts) - - Show Bio

Teerack. Wat r u doin. Teerack. Stahp.

#4 Posted by Icarusflies (12503 posts) - - Show Bio

@Teerack: Lex Luthor actually did die of Kryptonite poisoning once, but he transferred his mind to a clone he had prepared.

But honestly I thought this was a good idea for Superior Spiderman, I would have been happy to see it for Superman. >shrug<

#5 Posted by Teerack (6458 posts) - - Show Bio

@clonesaga2099: @Gambit1024: @Icarusflies: Think about how funny it will be to see Lex in Superman's body rape date Lana!

#6 Posted by Loki9876 (3049 posts) - - Show Bio

sound familliar hm nooo just imagining

#7 Posted by TheAmazingImmortalMan (3157 posts) - - Show Bio

#8 Posted by Z3RO180 (6564 posts) - - Show Bio

no

#9 Posted by danhimself (22565 posts) - - Show Bio

@Icarusflies said:

@Teerack: Lex Luthor actually did die of Kryptonite poisoning once, but he transferred his mind to a clone he had prepared.

But honestly I thought this was a good idea for Superior Spiderman, I would have been happy to see it for Superman. >shrug<

he didn't die of Kryptonite poisoning....he died in a plane crash....his body was cancer ridden and he had the hand that he had worn the ring on removed

#10 Posted by Gambit1024 (9890 posts) - - Show Bio

In all honesty? I think this story would be much more fitting to Superman and Lex than to Doc Ock and Spider-Man.

I mean, we know Luthor already has a thing for Lois Lane (he has/had a robot of her for Christ's sake), he used to be a mad scientist who's probably done/thought about the idea of mind-swapping before, and what's better way to beat Superman by becoming him? Even still, after Lex beats/kills Superman, he'd probably mellow out and be the hero he always wanted to be. Also, the way he'd deal with other bad guys would be an awesome thing to see, i.e. Ra's, Joker, Brainiac, etc.

In contrast to what Superior Spider-Man's doing, Ock never showed interest in MJ until this all started (at least to my knowledge). He might've been a mad scientist, but he was always fidgeting with chemicals and robotics and stuff. The brain and brain-swapping isn't something I would've never pegged him for. Finally, while I respect Slott as a writer (sorry to those who feel otherwise), the Jedi ghost Peter Parker thing isn't doing it for me. I'd rather have a flawed anti-hero who knows what he's doing, rather than a villain doing something because a ghost says so.

I dunno... I think this would've been awesome, lol.

#11 Posted by TheHulk (802 posts) - - Show Bio

Um. Hulk not sure that'd work out.

#12 Posted by starrk_coyote (624 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheAmazingImmortalMan said:

you did? because i did not :D

#13 Posted by Teerack (6458 posts) - - Show Bio

@Gambit1024 said:

In all honesty? I think this story would be much more fitting to Superman and Lex than to Doc Ock and Spider-Man.

I mean, we know Luthor already has a thing for Lois Lane (he has/had a robot of her for Christ's sake), he used to be a mad scientist who's probably done/thought about the idea of mind-swapping before, and what's better way to beat Superman by becoming him? Even still, after Lex beats/kills Superman, he'd probably mellow out and be the hero he always wanted to be. Also, the way he'd deal with other bad guys would be an awesome thing to see, i.e. Ra's, Joker, Brainiac, etc.

In contrast to what Superior Spider-Man's doing, Ock never showed interest in MJ until this all started (at least to my knowledge). He might've been a mad scientist, but he was always fidgeting with chemicals and robotics and stuff. The brain and brain-swapping isn't something I would've never pegged him for. Finally, while I respect Slott as a writer (sorry to those who feel otherwise), the Jedi ghost Peter Parker thing isn't doing it for me. I'd rather have a flawed anti-hero who knows what he's doing, rather than a villain doing something because a ghost says so.

I dunno... I think this would've been awesome, lol.

Yeah and in the alternate earth where Clark never got any powers Lex became earths greatest hero.

#14 Posted by Vaccine (277 posts) - - Show Bio

It would definitely be an interesting read if that were to happen.

#15 Posted by Video_Martian (5645 posts) - - Show Bio

@Teerack: I actually love this idea ;)

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.