Follow

Superman

Character » Superman appears in 18939 issues.

Sent to Earth as an infant from the dying planet Krypton, Kal-El was adopted by the loving Kent family and raised in America's heartland as Clark Kent. Using his immense solar-fueled powers, he became Superman to defend mankind against all manner of threats while championing truth, justice, and the American way!

I don't see what the big deal is?

• 70 results
    Jimishim12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

So Superman lost his powers, it doesn't make him any less of a Superman. He's still the same old selfless face of the true ideals of heroism and the never say die guy. It shouldn't matter if he's OP to the point he can wrestle a angel or pull a solar system, is he any less definitive by what he stands for without his powers? Look at Captain America, he's the Quasi Superman of Marvel and he has zero superpower and inhuman traits, he's the paragon of heroic integrity and freedom. If DC can show Batman as every bit of impossibly parallel to Superman when defining a true hero and a ideal, then Superman can take a oage out of both these characters book, and perhaps become a better example of a badass human limited wonder than they ever were.

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

@jimishim12: So you'd be fine if Batman forgot how to fight and lost all his gadgets, Iron Man lost his armor and intellect and hulk lost his strength and ability to turn big and green?

Stahlflamme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

So Superman lost his powers, it doesn't make him any less of a Superman. He's still the same old selfless face of the true ideals of heroism and the never say die guy. It shouldn't matter if he's OP to the point he can wrestle a angel or pull a solar system, is he any less definitive by what he stands for without his powers? Look at Captain America, he's the Quasi Superman of Marvel and he has zero superpower and inhuman traits, he's the paragon of heroic integrity and freedom. If DC can show Batman as every bit of impossibly parallel to Superman when defining a true hero and a ideal, then Superman can take a oage out of both these characters book, and perhaps become a better example of a badass human limited wonder than they ever were.

Do you really believe thats the path they go? I think we're gonna see the darkest most brutal Superman ever...

Jimishim12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jimishim12: So you'd be fine if Batman forgot how to fight and lost all his gadgets, Iron Man lost his armor and intellect and hulk lost his strength and ability to turn big and green?

These guys earned these capabilities(superman was born to use sun power to be unstoppable), they still learned how to not rely on external means to fight but the point remains. Superman is still Superman, dude's a brick house and should be Cap levels of strong. He's just not using his magic satchel of god mod abilities though.

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 12

I agree. Pak's summary of Superman was pretty much my own

'Clark is one of us, a man of the people"

Which also mirrors the quote from BvS

"Maybe he's just a guy trying to do the right thing"

I have above average hopes for this arc

Avatar image for darknightspideyfanboy
    darknightspideyfanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't get it ether after a while I learn the fanboys complain about everything.

deathfalcon182

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He can always be that beacon of hope and truth without having his powers. One who will overcome his difficulties even if those are beyond his capabilities. But that's not what Superman fans actually want, they want it as a side dish but tge main meal always needs to be Superman, most powerful of all saves day from an alien or a threat so big that would take 10s of other heroes to come up with elaborate plans and need of ex machina but Superman would defeat it in 4 panels. They need to constantly see that Superman is so much more powerful than the other heroes and if ge wasn't there to save the day, nobody could.

Truth storyline could feature a great interaction with supporting cast, Superman's struggles of losing his secret identity and losing his powers, feature a villain that would test him to his limits, show how Superman can be true to his core character traits, all n all a compelling story but it wouldn't be a Superman story because depowered motorcycle riding Superman is out of character for Superman.

I have high hopes for truth, both main titles are being handled by credible writers. Let's hope it's execution is perfect.

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 64

#8  Edited By Teerack

@joshmightbe said:

Actually when Batman lost his memories it was one of the funnest, most interesting, and compelling arches of Batman+Superman series. I wish it had lasted a lot longer then it did.

No Caption Provided

I don't really see the issue. This is just a chance for Clark to go through something new a learn a bit more about himself and humanity. It's not as if he will never get his powers back ever.

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 7

@teerack said:

I don't really see the issue. This is just a chance for Clark to go through something new a learn a bit more about himself and humanity. It's not as if he will never get his powers back ever.

Βecause I have heard that again, allow me to reply.
    The problem isn't that anyone thinks this story is permanent. But the loss of time. People want to read a story about Superman being Superman. Yet now ALL the Superman titles will feature a depowered Superman with anger issues. If it was a one month event it would be fine. But this will take place throughout a whole YEAR. Meaning for one year the won't be any Superman comics to read if you don't enjoy the premise of truth.
    Also you have other problems. Truth is a deconstructing story. But for stories like these to take place you must have build something first. New 52 Superman literally runs on fumes of his pre-52 self. We all assume he is close with Superboy, because he was pre-52, same with Supergirl. Also the lack of stable supporting cast and direction change every two issues, makes Superman comics difficult to read. You can't stick to a title if the quality changes all the time.
    And now Truth comes and only continues that trend. A new direction, which again, the direction changed again, two ISSUES ago. A back-tracking of Superman's personality, into an angsty (all previews show that), fists-first Superman. Which again, it is something I don't want to read for a whole year.

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't get it ether after a while I learn the fanboys complain about everything.

I don't think "Truth" is an illogical reason to complain.

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Teerack

@squalleon said:
    @teerack said:

Βecause I have heard that again, allow me to reply.

The problem isn't that anyone thinks this story is permanent. But the loss of time. People want to read a story about Superman being Superman. Yet now ALL the Superman titles will feature a depowered Superman with anger issues. If it was a one month event it would be fine. But this will take place throughout a whole YEAR. Meaning for one year the won't be any Superman comics to read if you don't enjoy the premise of truth.

Also you have other problems. Truth is a deconstructing story. But for stories like these to take place you must have build something first. New 52 Superman literally runs on fumes of his pre-52 self. We all assume he is close with Superboy, because he was pre-52, same with Supergirl. Also the lack of stable supporting cast and direction change every two issues, makes Superman comics difficult to read. You can't stick to a title if the quality changes all the time.

And now Truth comes and only continues that trend. A new direction, which again, the direction changed again, two ISSUES ago. A back-tracking of Superman's personality, into an angsty (all previews show that), fists-first Superman. Which again, it is something I don't want to read for a whole year.

Uh... so have you not heard about the new loose continuity thing where they don't worry about where it fits into the time like like how marvel does their continuity? This will clearly have no effect on Jim Lee's justice league considering what we've seen of it. Action Comics is also not a linear series and jumps around the time line of Superman with some issues that come out latter taking place before others. Batman + Superman also has been doing things the entire time it was out without it effecting other books or being effected by other books so that will likely continue to happen.

I have to say though just hot liking that there will be less Superman with powers books around for a year is a more justified complaint then what I was expecting like what you get when you mention Thor's hammer in some other places.

ScouterV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well, Batman shouldn't be all about punching psychos. The World's Greatest Detective should still be able to get the job done with his detective skills alone.

Iron Man losing his armor and his intellect...well, Tony Stark can still do good in the world via charitable means and raising awareness of causes with his name.

Bruce Banner is a man of science, so on some level he'd probably like that, and may be better for it in the long run.

Likewise, Clark can still inspire and lead without superpowers.

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@teerack said:

Uh... so have you not heard about the new loose continuity thing where they don't worry about where it fits into the time like like how marvel does their continuity? This will clearly have no effect on Jim Lee's justice league considering what we've seen of it. Action Comics is also not a linear series and jumps around the time line of Superman with some issues that come out latter taking place before others. Batman + Superman also has been doing things the entire time it was out without it effecting other books or being effected by other books so that will likely continue to happen.

I have to say though just hot liking that there will be less Superman with powers books around for a year is a more justified complaint then what I was expecting like what you get when you mention Thor's hammer in some other places.

What, I don't care about continuity, my friend. I meant real world time. For one year no title in DC stands will have Superman BE Superman. If the previews were any indication, I will have angsty semi-Superman. So Pak can fulfill his wet dream.

I mentioned Thor's hammer?

Anyway my complaints are valid from what I have seen from the Previews. I haven't judge truth, before I read it, since the previews are made to be complete 8 page stories with the feeling of the original. I made sure I will give Truth a try, but from what I have seen it is something that I don't just care. I will still give GLY's Superman a chance, but I have every right to not like a direction which will just be a loss of storytelling time. Instead of expanding Superman's limited world, we just break it again.

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@teerack said:

What, I don't care about continuity, my friend. I meant real world time. For one year no title in DC stands will have Superman BE Superman. If the previews were any indication, I will have angsty semi-Superman. So Pak can fulfill his wet dream.

I mentioned Thor's hammer?

Anyway my complaints are valid from what I have seen from the Previews. I haven't judge truth, before I read it, since the previews are made to be complete 8 page stories with the feeling of the original. I made sure I will give Truth a try, but from what I have seen it is something that I don't just care. I will still give GLY's Superman a chance, but I have every right to not like a direction which will just be a loss of storytelling time. Instead of expanding Superman's limited world, we just break it again.

I was saying that the way continuity works Superman can have no powers in the main series and still have powers in Jim Lee's Justice League book. I'm talking about real world time like they could come out in the same month.

darknightspideyfanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@teerack said:

I was saying that the way continuity works Superman can have no powers in the main series and still have powers in Jim Lee's Justice League book. I'm talking about real world time like they could come out in the same month.

Well, in JL time is limiting and you can never delve in the psyche of the hero as well as a solo. In the solos things are more personal, and more "Supermanish". You can't have Lois in JL, you can't have Lana and Steel. Or give character moments to Superman's supporting cast.

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Squalleon

@squalleon: really? explain

What is there to explain.

Here, a post about the same reason I wrote before:

The problem isn't that anyone thinks this story is permanent. But the loss of time. People want to read a story about Superman being Superman. Yet now ALL the Superman titles will feature a depowered Superman with anger issues. If it was a one month event it would be fine. But this will take place throughout a whole YEAR. Meaning for one year there won't be any Superman comics to read if you don't enjoy the premise of truth.

Also you have other problems. Truth is a deconstructing story. But for stories like these to take place you must have build something first. New 52 Superman literally runs on fumes of his pre-52 self. We all assume he is close with Superboy because he was pre-52, same with Supergirl. Also the lack of stable supporting cast and direction change every two issues, makes Superman comics difficult to read. You can't stick to a title if the quality changes all the time.

And I don't judge before I see. Because that was the point of the Sneak Peeks, to give you a complete view of the stories to come.

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@teerack said:

Well, in JL time is limiting and you can never delve in the psyche of the hero as well as a solo. In the solos things are more personal, and more "Supermanish". You can't have Lois in JL, you can't have Lana and Steel. Or give character moments to Superman's supporting cast.

He can also have his powers in Batman+Superman and Action Comics. Like I said DC's continuity no longer worries about where stuff fits in on the time line and what happens in one book no longer needs to bleed into the other. I'm sure the new loose continuity is part of why Superman is losing his powers because it gives them more freedom to do different things with characters because they no longer effect all the other books.

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@teerack said:

He can also have his powers in Batman+Superman and Action Comics. Like I said DC's continuity no longer worries about where stuff fits in on the time line and what happens in one book no longer needs to bleed into the other. I'm sure the new loose continuity is part of why Superman is losing his powers because it gives them more freedom to do different things with characters because they no longer effect all the other books.

But he won't. All those titles will be part of the "Truth" CROSSOVER for a year. Confirmed. If it was contained only in one title, that would be cool. Now it is literally everywhere.

And the first thing they do when they get creative freedom, is to install a year long crossover, with a premise as trite as evil Superman? My god and I thought DC was the problem all this time :P

darknightspideyfanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@squalleon: go read Bryan Hitch JLA book seem to be more about supes than JLA since there dealing with people of the church rao

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@squalleon: Well there is also the chance of characters from Convergence coming back perennially. I guess will see.

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@squalleon: go read Bryan Hitch JLA book seem to be more about supes than JLA since there dealing with people of the church rao

Meh, the first arc of Morrison's JLA was about a martian invasion. I didn't see Martian Manhunter have any special role.

Faulty logic. A team book is a team book. It will never be as insightful to a character and his world as a solo title.

Anyway. I hope I showed you why sometimes complaining is not illogical.

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@teerack said:

@squalleon: Well there is also the chance of characters from Convergence coming back perennially. I guess will see.

There is no chance, don't kid yourself :P

darknightspideyfanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@squalleon: not really same old complaining to me but I got use to it

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@squalleon: not really same old complaining to me but I got use to it

I guess by your standards, we have to be apathetic to everything.

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@teerack said:

There is no chance, don't kid yourself :P

I want to believe that at the end of the event all of the different continuities will be restored as alternate earths, so we can get back tot he TRUE Superman from pre-flashpoint.

darknightspideyfanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@squalleon: naw I need good laugh so let them complain

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@teerack said:

I want to believe that at the end of the event all of the different continuities will be restored as alternate earths, so we can get back tot he TRUE Superman from pre-flashpoint.

The questions was asked to the writers and they all replied reluctantly(because they want you to buy the title, because who would if it played none role afterwards), that a very small percentage will affect the DCU after convergence (and that percentage is the Earth 2 characters). Sorry mate, but the Pre-52 is dead.

And to be honest I don't care. I see potential in the New 52 and with a slight retcon you can fix everything wrong about it.

That's what makes me even angrier with the New 52 too. That I see potential, and when there are going to build to it, they just bring it all down and start again, with a premise that SCREAMS temporary and that will not affect anything in the long run.

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Squalleon

@darknightspideyfanboy said:

@squalleon: naw I need good laugh so let them complain

Then everyone wins. You get your laughs and they get to express how they feel. No reason to act high and mighty for it. Because it doesn't mean anything more than they are invested in the characters they love more than you.

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@squalleon: I like the New 52 as well I just never really understood why they couldn't just have more then one continuity like how DC originally was before the first Crisis.

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Squalleon

@teerack said:

@squalleon: I like the New 52 as well I just never really understood why they couldn't just have more then one continuity like how DC originally was before the first Crisis.

Or even better like the Ultimate Universe.

Because DC is ruled by the same people who bankrupt Marvel in the 90s (I am looking at you Bob Harras). Didio has been one of those people who want complete control over the product, and he even drove talent away because of it (for example Waid and Countdown). And Paul Levitz a beloved president of DC comics who always made sure to pay royalties and compensate writers(according to a popular writer, can't remember who but I remember the article), steped down. And nepotism started, Harras brought in his buddy Lobdell. David Finch his wife.

I think you get the picture.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

Allow me to explain why I personally feel it's such a big deal.

• In the Superman, Action Comics and especially the Batman/Superman previews, Clark is acting even more aggressive and abrasive than the usual New 52 Superman characterisation standards. Not to mention he still tackles problems like a charging bull rather than a confident and authoritative hero.
    • His Clark Kent identity is now exposed to the world, severing what little connection to humanity and normalcy New 52 Superman had and ruining the dual identity mechanic which is a thematic staple of the Superman world.
    • Lois Lane was the one who stabbed Superman in the back by exposing his identity, furthering the gap between Lois Lane and Superman and making Lois' most prominent role in New 52 Superman comics as his best friend turned betrayer of Superman's identity and place in the world.
    • The rest of his supporting cast look like they'll be alienated from Truth for the most part and I've heard there're going to be new supporting cast members shoe horned in this event as well.
    • He's looking like a brutish street thug complete with T-Shirt, buzzcut hairstyle and horrible wrist wraps formed from his ripped cape. In short, Clark now looks like Super-Street-Punk rather than Superman.
    • Lastly, whilst powers don't make the man, Superman's depowerment is simply a repetitive trope or cliche at this point for the writers to try and make their jobs easier writing a 'humanized' Superman. Which fails to understand how Superman is more than a humanized hero whilst also being an alien powerhouse capable of fighting the toughest foes. Superman's gone from a sci fi action hero to a street vigilante, and I don't read Superman stories for a street vigilante fix.

Overall, the unnecessary changes represent a failure to maintain a stable status quo for Superman as DC seem incapable of giving the character solid direction since the New 52 started. Truth is just the final nail in the coffin for many Superman fans that DC has done enough damage to their favourite character. That's why this is such a big deal, because the story and character hinted at does not seem like a Superman story featuring Superman anymore.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darknightspideyfanboy: A good laugh from seeing fans annoyed their favourite character is being distorted and broken down into something unrecognisable? Not the most appropriate way to get your jollies from that I have to say.

darknightspideyfanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@teerack said:

Or even better like the Ultimate Universe.

Because DC is ruled by the same people who bankrupt Marvel in the 90s (I am looking at you Bob Harras). Didio has been one of those people who want complete control over the product, and he even drove talent away because of it (for example Waid and Countdown). And Paul Levitz a beloved president of DC comics who always made sure to pay royalties and compensate writers(according to a popular writer, can't remember who but I remember the article), steped down. And nepotism started, Harras brought in his buddy Lobdell. David Finch his wife.

I think you get the picture.

Don't even get me started on those guys. I often think about how much better DC would be if Eddie Berganza didn't step down after a week of being Editor and Chief because he didn't think he was ready for the job. He told a story on a podcast about how he ended up with the job after someone else quit and it landed in his lap. He's probably the best editor at DC and he got demoted in 2010 because of issues with the current Editor and Chief.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

darknightspideyfanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darknightspideyfanboy: At least we can agree on classic Simpsons being good then.

Also, on the topic of Berganza being demoted from his editorial role discussed above, it reminds me of what DC could have been had Mark Waid been made Editor in Chief for DC. Maybe he wouldn't have become so bitter when he felt alienated by DC's head honchos causing his departure from the company and defecting to Marvel.

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@teerack said:

Don't even get me started on those guys. I often think about how much better DC would be if Eddie Berganza didn't step down after a week of being Editor and Chief because he didn't think he was ready for the job. He told a story on a podcast about how he ended up with the job after someone else quit and it landed in his lap. He's probably the best editor at DC and he got demoted in 2010 because of issues with the current Editor and Chief.

Isn't Berganza Superman's editor?

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Teerack

@squalleon: Yeah, he was a former Executive Editor though. Just look at what Action Comics and Superman were like in the first year of the New 52 compared to after he took over. The difference in quality is huge and Superman isn't being re-characterized ever other month.

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@teerack said:

@squalleon: Yeah, he was a former Executive Editor though. Just look at what Action Comics and Superman were like in the first year of the New 52 compared to after he took over. The difference in quality is huge and Superman isn't being re-characterized ever other month.

Well, I don't see any massive difference :P But if you say he is good I believe you.

UltimateSMfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By UltimateSMfan

@lvenger said:

Allow me to explain why I personally feel it's such a big deal.

• In the Superman, Action Comics and especially the Batman/Superman previews, Clark is acting even more aggressive and abrasive than the usual New 52 Superman characterisation standards. Not to mention he still tackles problems like a charging bull rather than a confident and authoritative hero.
    • His Clark Kent identity is now exposed to the world, severing what little connection to humanity and normalcy New 52 Superman had and ruining the dual identity mechanic which is a thematic staple of the Superman world.
    • Lois Lane was the one who stabbed Superman in the back by exposing his identity, furthering the gap between Lois Lane and Superman and making Lois' most prominent role in New 52 Superman comics as his best friend turned betrayer of Superman's identity and place in the world.
    • The rest of his supporting cast look like they'll be alienated from Truth for the most part and I've heard there're going to be new supporting cast members shoe horned in this event as well.
    • He's looking like a brutish street thug complete with T-Shirt, buzzcut hairstyle and horrible wrist wraps formed from his ripped cape. In short, Clark now looks like Super-Street-Punk rather than Superman.
    • Lastly, whilst powers don't make the man, Superman's depowerment is simply a repetitive trope or cliche at this point for the writers to try and make their jobs easier writing a 'humanized' Superman. Which fails to understand how Superman is more than a humanized hero whilst also being an alien powerhouse capable of fighting the toughest foes. Superman's gone from a sci fi action hero to a street vigilante, and I don't read Superman stories for a street vigilante fix.

Overall, the unnecessary changes represent a failure to maintain a stable status quo for Superman as DC seem incapable of giving the character solid direction since the New 52 started. Truth is just the final nail in the coffin for many Superman fans that DC has done enough damage to their favourite character. That's why this is such a big deal, because the story and character hinted at does not seem like a Superman story featuring Superman anymore.

This.

I don't even have that much of a problem with the whole loss of powers thing, even though it's been done to death! Anyway for all the reason's mentioned above i'm unsure of this whole arc along with the current line of superman writers. To make a character 'human' why do you have to make them miserable?! Not every human being is miserable! And Superman of all people. Really don't understand this whole notion of make him human, bring him down to our level blah blah blah...Jeez! As mentioned somewhere in the previous comments the absolute best superman stories have been those where he's completely larger than life, some stories featuring a superman many times more powerful than the regular one and i've honestly never even seen criticisms against those stories so that whole OP argument is out the window. And truth is gonna run for a whole year,crap. Would trust Geoff Johns to do something substantial with him in JL during a New Gods arc but he's busy literally bringing batgod to life. The only thing to do at this point is wait and hope for the best.

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

To make a character 'human' why do you have to make them miserable?! Not every human being is miserable! And Superman of all people.

So much agree. Many writers tend to fall under that.

Really don't understand this whole notion of make him human, bring him down to our level blah blah blah...Jeez! As mentioned somewhere in the previous comments the absolute best superman stories have been those where he's completely larger than life, some stories featuring a superman many times more powerful than the regular one and i've honestly never even seen criticisms against those stories so that whole OP argument is out the window. And truth is gonna run for a whole year,crap. Would trust Geoff Johns to do something substantial with him in JL during a New Gods arc but he's busy literally bringing batgod to life. The only thing to do at this point is wait and hope for the best.

No matter how much Superman is featured in JL. No team book can be as insightful as a solo. And now "Truth" is literally in every solo Superman title.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Lvenger

@ultimatesmfan:

To make a character 'human' why do you have to make them miserable?! Not every human being is miserable! And Superman of all people.

Such an awesome point, thanks for pointing out the flaw in DC's current mindset for many of their superheroes. The joy and positives of being a superhero was one of DC's defining traits. And it's been sapped greatly under the New 52's depiction of them.

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 12

This point would hold some weight if he was miserable during the entire arc. Which I doubt will be the case/

vtech325

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger: You didn't even bother to explain why some of the things you listed were bad.

For instance: Why is Lois being the one who betrayed him a inherently bad thing? All you did was state that her role as a character changed.

darkman61288

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vtech325 said:

@lvenger: You didn't even bother to explain why some of the things you listed were bad.

For instance: Why is Lois being the one who betrayed him a inherently bad thing? All you did was state that her role as a character changed.

Because it can give her a bad reputation.

Jimishim12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Jimishim12

@vtech325 said:

Because it can give her a bad reputation.

What reputation?

Vivide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

he is called 'super' man for a reason, might as well call him strong-man now.

its the same with people/beings who had to resort to kryptonite/magic/red sun to beat him, they are not beating 'super' man but just a man.

Bezza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Superman was without his powers for a fair part of Up, Up and Away and that's a great book, because his true character shines through. I must agree that Superman has become an arse for a lot of the New 52 stories....I'm all for modernising characters, moving with the times etc, but their core character traits shouldn't be tampered with...

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.