Follow

Superman

Character » Superman appears in 18939 issues.

Sent to Earth as an infant from the dying planet Krypton, Kal-El was adopted by the loving Kent family and raised in America's heartland as Clark Kent. Using his immense solar-fueled powers, he became Superman to defend mankind against all manner of threats while championing truth, justice, and the American way!

I am ashamed you guys are fighting over MOS 2 having Batman

• 175 results
    DRUDOX19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

WOW you guys are Arguing over two of DC's Poster Boys being in the same film together yet you aren't rejoicing that Flash is coming in 2016 and that the director WB wants is Guy Ritche or Ryan Johnson. Wow you guys just proved WB point in why they only do Superman and Batman only and not other characters. You guys aren't even stoked that DC's doing Flash in 2016 with great directors in mind. Wow guys also flash was going to be the big news at the Superman panel but it was ruined because yes Hollywood reporter ruined it and spoiled it. So Wb had a plan B and made the MOS 2 sequel with Batman in it which they would have made anyway but Flash was going to be the big news this Superman and Batman news was secondary. You know what F@#K you guys like for real.

lilben42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By lilben42

Is it confirmed for Flash? Also at first I didn't like it but the more I think about it the more I do.

flameboy298

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By flameboy298

@drudox19: People keep talking about a flash movie but were has it been confirmed -_-

w0nd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By w0nd

@drudox19 said:

WOW you guys are Arguing over two of DC's Poster Boys being in the same film together yet you aren't rejoicing that Flash is coming in 2016 and that the director WB wants is Guy Ritche or Ryan Johnson. Wow you guys just proved WB point in why they only do Superman and Batman only and not other characters. You guys aren't even stoked that DC's doing Flash in 2016 with great directors in mind. Wow guys also flash was going to be the big news at the Superman panel but it was ruined because yes Hollywood reporter ruined it and spoiled it. So Wb had a plan B and made the MOS 2 sequel with Batman in it which they would have made anyway but Flash was going to be the big news this Superman and Batman news was secondary. You know what F@#K you guys like for real.

YEAH F*CK YOU GUYS AND YOUR OPINIONS GUYS. YOU HAVE TO BE MORE LIKE US, ONE MIND ONE NATION, JOIN THE HIVE MIND

Veshark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@w0nd said:

@drudox19 said:

YEAH F*CK YOU GUYS AND YOUR OPINIONS GUYS. YOU HAVE TO BE MORE LIKE US, ONE MIND ONE NATION, JOIN THE HIVE MIND

UNITY IN THE HIVE MIND. WE ARE ONE. WE ARE ONE.

But seriously....yay, Flash movie THREE years from now, big whoop. I'm sure that's awesome for Flash fans but for everyone else? WORLD'S FINEST, B*TCHES.

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

@drudox19: I'm not arguing, I've been waiting for this since I was 9.

z3ro180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You are not a nice person

w0nd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By w0nd

@veshark: yeah when movies are announced 3+ years from being released I try not to think about them until closer to the day

SandMan_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By SandMan_

Was Flash ever confirmed?Why not get those director for another Superman movie?

BiteMe-Fanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Yeah I am complaining.

DC can only make ONE damn movie before throwing Batman back into the mix.

We need Flash, Wonder Woman, and Aquaman movies before a team up movie.

Marvel did it, and made a blockbuster hit with Avengers (2nd top box office of all time).

I agree Superman/Batman will bring in a lot of money, but as a big DC Comics fan, I'm sick of Batman, and I want to see some more of DC's great characters on the big screen.

ARMIV2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah I am complaining.

Marvel did it, and made a blockbuster hit with Avengers (2nd top box office of all time).

I agree Superman/Batman will bring in a lot of money, but as a big DC Comics fan, I'm sick of Batman, and I want to see some more of DC's great characters on the big screen.

Yeah, kinda feelin' the same way here.

My main worry with this movie is that they might just pander too much to all the Bat-Fanboys out there and not give Superman a proper sequel.

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@biteme_fanboy: There has to be a small part of you as a DC fan that is happy about a World's Finest movie, even if its that little kid you used to be when you started reading comics.

TekTheNinja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#13  Edited By TekTheNinja

Yeah I am complaining.

this!

SandMan_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah I am complaining.

Agreed.

Avatar image for martianmanhunterisbetterthancy
    MartianManhunterIsBetterThanCyborg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Flash wasn't even confirmed.

flameboy298

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By flameboy298

@biteme_fanboy: Depending on how they market those characters,most people aren't gonna go to the movies to see a Aquaman movie Lol..

warlock360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By warlock360

sorry bro, didn't know you were

Amish

flameboy298

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Eternal19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@biteme_fanboy: There has to be a small part of you as a DC fan that is happy about a World's Finest movie, even if its that little kid you used to be when you started reading comics.

I've been waiting for this for a while as well. But the way they are using the MOS sequel to do it and the fact that we just had three batman movies kinda sours it a little bit. Im still going to go see the movie, but I really wanted this to be Superman's own series.

slade_wilson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

@biteme_fanboy: What does DC stand for? Detective Comics. As in the title Batman debuted in. As in the title that has been Batman/Batfamily for almost 75 years. Who sells the most comic books? Who sells the most movie tickets? Who sells the most video games?

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@eternal19: I'm willing to bet that before this comes out they probably won't be considering it a full sequel.

Eternal19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@eternal19: I'm willing to bet that before this comes out they probably won't be considering it a full sequel.

hopefully. This should be marketed as a Worlds Finest movie and not a MOS sequel

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@eternal19: World's Finest is a pretty well recognized title for their two man team.

DRUDOX19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sorry but Superman and Batman are DCs poster boys so Superman having his own sequel to me would have been another big whoop thats just how i feel, Flash was going to be confirmed Hollywood reporter ruined it it wasnt a rumor.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Wolverine008

THANK YOU! I do not understand Superman fans complaints about this movie. Frankly, their anger about the movie looks jealous/selfish. There shouldn't even be an argument. We should be talking about the other movies DC should be doing.

TekTheNinja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By TekTheNinja
    @slade_wilson said:

@biteme_fanboy: What does DC stand for? Detective Comics. As in the title Batman debuted in.

Who sells the most comic books? Who sells the most movie tickets? Who sells the most video games?

we're all sick of batman movies. this was supposed to be a SUPERMAN series. bats got a three part series to himself, but superman has to have freaking batman appear! you talk like you're HAPPY that dc sold out!

DRUDOX19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Superman fanbase is really losing me cause i went to a Batman forum and Batman fans are complaining Zack is a Superman fanboy on there forum and that Superman will destroy batman, So there is bickering in both freaking sides to be honest. Thats the truth Superman and Batman fans are complaining that Superman and Batman will destroy each other. I am serious went on a Batman Forum and Batman fans that are against this which is a small minority by the way are calling Zack Synder a Superman fanboy you idiots and vice verse.

Eternal19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

THANK YOU! I do not understand Superman fans complaints about this movie. Frankly, their anger about the movie looks jealous/selfish. There shouldn't even be an argument. We should be talking about the other movies DC should be doing.

we are not Jealous. We were just looking forward to superman having his own modern movie series. From the way they announced it at comic con, it seems that instead of a legit MOS sequel. This is going to be more of a Superman/Batman team up movie. Bat fans would be just as annoyed if they decided to turn the batman trilogy into a batman/superman trilogy.

slade_wilson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By slade_wilson

@tektheninja: We are all sick of Batman movies? Speak for yourself. I'm happy that I'm getting a movie that I've waited for since I was a little kid.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Wolverine008

@wolverine08 said:

we are not Jealous. We were just looking forward to superman having his own modern movie series. From the way they announced it at comic con, it seems that instead of a legit MOS sequel. This is going to be more of a Superman/Batman team up movie. Bat fans would be just as annoyed if they decided to turn the batman trilogy into a batman/superman trilogy.

I am a Batman fan, and I would not be annoyed if Superman teamed up with Batman for a movie in Batman's trilogy.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tektheninja: We are all sick of Batman movies? Speak for yourself. I'm happy that I'm getting a movie that I've waited for since I was a little kid.

This.

DRUDOX19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I am angry cause you guys are bickring Batman Fanboys are bashing Zack Synder for being a Batman Fanboy i am not joking its on both sides, there are Bat fanboys that are saying Zack will make Superman a boss and Batman look like crap, GET A FREAKING GRIP FROM WHAT I SEE ITS A COUPLE OF FAN-BOYS WHO ARE ARGUING OVER DC'S POSTER BOYS SUPERMAN AND BATMAN IN A FILM TOGETHER OR A BETTER WAY OF SAYING BATMAN GUESS STARRING IN MOS 2 BASICALLY. Stop the BS like for real guys to me this is Superman and Batman fans complaining in a way you guys are proving WB point, SO MOS 2 for 2015 then what whoop another Superman film here we go again huh. This actually spices things up a bit.

WB having Bat and Supes out of the way helps them try other characters, which they are doing for Flash, if WB sold out why want to do Flash ( like i said it was going to be annonced but Holywood Reporter ruined it) Wasn't Wbs fault blame the freaking Journalist that got there hands on information they shouldn't have gotten.

Eternal19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Eternal19

@eternal19 said:

@wolverine08 said:

I am a Batman fan, and I would not be annoyed if Superman teamed up with Batman for a movie in Batman's trilogy.

speak for yourself. I guarantee that if Superman was just randomly was announced to be a lead character in the batman trilogy batfans would go nuts. There are just a many batman fans that hate superman as there are Superman fans that hate batman. Neither fan base is better than the other. I like both characters, but I would have preferred second Superman movie first

DRUDOX19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By DRUDOX19

Funny if Flash was annonced has WB PLANNED before SOME jornalist got a leak you guys would have said another green lantern cause thats how it is now if its a character thats not Bats and Supes it automatic Green Lantern failure.

TO all who say Marvel way is the ONLY WAY i am seeing a pattern all over again that i saw in 2008 everything had to be a character study cause of the Dark Knight and Iron Man now after avengers seems to me everyone is sheep again now everything has to be a shared universe look at Fox and Sony and WB doing this, sorry but this looks like the Dark Knight era thinking now its Post Avengers thinking everything must be a shared universe

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Wolverine008

@wolverine08 said:

@eternal19 said:

@wolverine08 said:

speak for yourself. I guarantee that if Superman was just randomly was announced to be a lead character in the batman trilogy batfans would go nuts. There are just a many batman fans that hate superman as there are Superman fans that hate batman. Neither fan base is better than the other. I like both characters, but I would have preferred second Superman movie first

No, Batman fanboys would go crazy. Batman fans would be happy to see comic's greatest friendship finally make it to the big screen.

slade_wilson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Eternal19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@eternal19 said:

@wolverine08 said:

@eternal19 said:

@wolverine08 said:

No, Batman fanboys would go crazy. Batman fans would be happy to see comic's greatest friendship finally make it to the big screen.

no they wouldn't. There would be a whole bunch of people hating the movie. If you believe that batman fans would be fine and dandy with superman intruding on the batman franchise then you're crazy. but Im going to assume that you're joking

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

slade_wilson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ImagineMan16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I want a Superman/Batman movie. I don't want it to be an MoS sequel. I think Superman should have a set of movies based on him and him alone; as a Superman fan, I was really looking forward to him being more developed in the sequel, and NOT having to share screen time with a co-star.

And in regards to the Flash movie; was it actually confirmed? If so, I'm freaking stoked... I've been wanting a Flash movie since I was 9

flameboy298

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@drudox19: It is a rumour..It's just being announced by different sources.It hasn't even be announced or confirmed there for its a rumour

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#42  Edited By dernman

@eternal19 said:

@wolverine08 said:

@eternal19 said:

@wolverine08 said:

@eternal19 said:

@wolverine08 said:

no they wouldn't. There would be a whole bunch of people hating the movie. If you believe that batman fans would be fine and dandy with superman intruding on the batman franchise then you're crazy. but Im going to assume that you're joking

There is a big difference between the two. Batman has had a modern trilogy version to explore Batman. So yeah they would be more likely to be ok with it. Before the Nolan films I would have been totally against Superman showing up in his movie. Superman Returns was more about the past then the present and a huge disappointment. We get MoS which was good but had it's faults which we were hoped to getting properly addressed in the sequel but is now getting waylaid by Batman. If they wanted to do a Batman/Superman film they should have a least waited until after the second MoS film.

Another thing that is annoying it's getting assumed that these Superman fans are not also Batman fans. Just because we want to properly develop one character before we introduce more doesn't mean we hate the other.

Eternal19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Eternal19

@dernman said:

@eternal19 said:

@wolverine08 said:

@eternal19 said:

@wolverine08 said:

@eternal19 said:

@wolverine08 said:

There is a big difference between the two. Batman has had a modern trilogy version to explore Batman. So yeah they would be more likely to be ok with it. Superman Returns was more about the past then the present and a huge disappointment. We get MoS which was good but had it's faults which we were hoped to getting properly addressed in the sequel but is now getting waylaid by Batman. If they wanted to do a Batman/Superman film they should have a least waited until after the second MoS film.

Another thing that is annoying it's getting assumed that these Superman fans are not also Batman fans. Just because we want to properly develop one character before we introduce more doesn't mean we hate the other.

I was talking about if they introduced Superman in the middle of Nolan's Dark Knight trilogy. There would be no denying that Batfans would cause a sh*t storm and I would've to. I agree that they should've have given Superman at least one more solo film and then do Superman/Batman, it would have allowed them to develop superman's character more and the issues that MOS had.

People just assume that all Superman fans are batman haters by nature, which is completely wrong.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Wolverine008

@eternal19 said:

@wolverine08 said:

@eternal19 said:

@wolverine08 said:

@eternal19 said:

@wolverine08 said:

So because my opinion differs with yours, I'm crazy? That's really mature and sane of you. *sarcasm*

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

@dernman said:

@eternal19 said:

@wolverine08 said:

@eternal19 said:

@wolverine08 said:

@eternal19 said:

@wolverine08 said:

There is a big difference between the two. Batman has had a modern trilogy version to explore Batman. So yeah they would be more likely to be ok with it. Superman Returns was more about the past then the present and a huge disappointment. We get MoS which was good but had it's faults which we were hoped to getting properly addressed in the sequel but is now getting waylaid by Batman. If they wanted to do a Batman/Superman film they should have a least waited until after the second MoS film.

I was talking about if they introduced Superman in the middle of Nolan's Dark Knight trilogy. There would be no denying that Batfans would cause a sh*t storm and I would've to. I agree that they should've have given Superman at least one more solo film and then do Superman/Batman, it would have allowed them to develop superman's character more and the issues that MOS had.

People just assume that all Superman fans are batman haters by nature, which is completely wrong.

I went back and added in a part about Superman in during the Nolan films before you posted. Must have missed this.

Before the Nolan films I would have been totally against Superman showing up in his movie

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Any true Superman or Batman fan who says they haven't wanted to see this movie since they were children is a f**king liar.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Wolverine008

@wolverine08 said:

Any true Superman or Batman fan who says they haven't wanted to see this movie since they were children is a f**king liar.

You got that right!

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@joshmightbe:

I seriously think it might beat Avengers at the box office, but Avengers 2 could do also accomplish that. It should be fun seeing those two blockbusters compete in 2015.

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wolverine08: The Ultron thing is a mixed bag for me but yea A2 will make serious cash.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.