Follow

Superman

Character » Superman appears in 18942 issues.

Sent to Earth as an infant from the dying planet Krypton, Kal-El was adopted by the loving Kent family and raised in America's heartland as Clark Kent. Using his immense solar-fueled powers, he became Superman to defend mankind against all manner of threats while championing truth, justice, and the American way!

How would Superman respond to a villain that he created?

KingJoker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I grew up watching Smallville and one of the things that often interested me was how red kryptonite would affect Superman when he was under its influence he was often capable of some terrible things. I often wondered what if he went to far and did something terrible that he couldn't take back or apologize for.

Now I don't know if the rules for red kryptonite are the same in the comics but I've often wondered if Superman was acting like a jerk because of it and someone stood up to him despite him clearly being well Superman and Superman under the red kryptonites influence in response beat the man to a pulp and even went as far as to burn him with heat vision thus disfiguring the man and nearly killing him.

Then after getting the red kryptonite out of his system Superman tries to get past what he's done even makes an amends to most of the city then this person he wronged comes back as a super villain after some sort of Lex Corp medical experiment gave him super powers(only thing I could think of) and this new villain starts wreaking havoc in Superman's life and proves to be more than a match for our favorite hero.

Eventually Superman discovers the villain's identity and how he played a part in the creation of this villain but also learns this person was once a big fan of Superman's even once aspired to do good like Superman but after their meeting all those dreams and aspirations of doing good died because what Superman did to this person pretty much destroyed his faith in good and also ruined his life.

How would Superman respond to a villain or anti hero like that especially if he was responsible for that person becoming a monster?

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 7

#2  Edited By Squalleon

It has done before, that I am sure.

Even when someone very close to him became a full out villian in Rucka's run Superman he didn't lost his faith or hope on him/her or humanity as a whole.

Everyone should check out Rucka's run, very good stuff, full of hope and optimism in terms of Superman's characterazation, I finished the whole run today. The last issue is so great on seeing how Superman affects the world, leading by example.

ScouterV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think he'd do all he could to try and help that person.

But to be fair, he'd do that to anyone he could, like when he helped Livewire when her power went out of control.

Avatar image for heavenlydarkdragon
    HeavenlyDarkDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It has been done many times before Smallville.

Some if not must of the villains he faces, he had some hand directly or indirectly in their creation.

Look at the Eradicator, Metallo, Bizarro, Livewire, Lord Satanus, Mxyzptlk, Hank Henshaw (aka Cyborg Superman) from pre-New52. And these are just a few examples.

They changed red-K a little in the new 52, before in the pre-New52 its raw form, caused all kryptonians to loose all inhibitions, just like it happened in Smallville, but if it was energized or altered in some way it could cause Superman to suffer mutations that could go from him changing shape or having his powers altered.

Now in the New 52 it mostly seems to cause hallucinations both in its raw form or if energized, has seened by the red-K woman. Although more recently we were shown in the teen titans a group of kids ingesting pills of red-K that were being developed by Star Labs that gave powers to anyone that took them, although for each person the power gain is different.

About how Superman handles the problems he creates one way or another, he does what he's always done. Try his best to fix it and hope that nobody gets killed in the process.

Boynerdgeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

@kingjoker: Cyborg Superman blame Superman because Superman save him when he try to jump from the building. That for me is more interesting

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.