How would Superman choose?

#1 Edited by Crissdragon (61 posts) - - Show Bio

Its a choice trap where Superman has to choose to save his best friend in the whole world or saving a stranger.

The rules are:

He can only save one person despite all his powers and if he doesn't decide they both die.

Also to make things interesting,no time travelling,no reversing time to undo the event,no parallel universe travel to effect the current universe,no helping from anyone.

He is alone to make the decision

So how will he act?

#2 Posted by Dark_Vengeance_ (13928 posts) - - Show Bio

Considering that his best friend is Batman, and he will sacrifice himself for the stranger (good or bad) and Clark knows that, he will save the stranger and let Batman die. (Wow that sounds like a story that needs to be written)

#3 Edited by Squalleon (3005 posts) - - Show Bio

WHY ARE SO DESPERATE TO MAKE SUPERMAN KILL OR FAIL?

your negativity overwhelms me!!:-P

#4 Posted by Crissdragon (61 posts) - - Show Bio

@Squalleon:

Its not about negativity,its about how much the man can take and how solid his mental foundation is.

Its not about how much he can bench press or another topic about some superhero vs Superman,I find his views on the world and more very intriguing.

Thats what I like about him.

I am in fact an optimist person but it doesn't mean I am not fascinated by the grotesque of the human mind.

#5 Posted by deaditegonzo (3424 posts) - - Show Bio

It depends on who his BF is. Batman? Then he chooses the stranger, because its what BRUCE WOULD WANT. Lois Lane? Well thats a crap shoot isnt it? He'd choose Lois, and then he'd probably exile himself, because his life is the only one that he would want to sacrifice in his quest, and if Lois was caught and used against him, it would be sort of his fault. His identity is what caused the situation. He may even pull a, "Whatever Happened to the Man of Tomorrow?" And I imagine a threat so great that it needed Supes would rise.

#6 Posted by colonyofcells (2038 posts) - - Show Bio

Maybe just evaluate who will benefit the human species more and if in doubt, just toss a coin like Two Face.

#7 Posted by Eternal19 (2074 posts) - - Show Bio

@Crissdragon said:

@Squalleon:

Its not about negativity,its about how much the man can take and how solid his mental foundation is.

Its not about how much he can bench press or another topic about some superhero vs Superman,I find his views on the world and more very intriguing.

Thats what I like about him.

I am in fact an optimist person but it doesn't mean I am not fascinated by the grotesque of the human mind.

thats what I likke about him to.

#8 Posted by Eternal19 (2074 posts) - - Show Bio

@colonyofcells said:

Maybe just evaluate who will benefit the human species more and if in doubt, just toss a coin like Two Face.

In no way does that sound like something superman would do. He doesnt care about who will benefit the species more, he cares about all life no matter how weak or how small

#9 Posted by LordMaverick (5200 posts) - - Show Bio

Saves his friend duh... are you serious?

#10 Posted by colonyofcells (2038 posts) - - Show Bio

Maybe Superman should just take a rest and go watch some tv and let both die since there is an overpopulation problem.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.