Follow

Superman

Character » Superman appears in 18886 issues.

Sent to Earth as an infant from the dying planet Krypton, Kal-El was adopted by the loving Kent family and raised in America's heartland as Clark Kent. Using his immense solar-fueled powers, he became Superman to defend mankind against all manner of threats while championing truth, justice, and the American way!

How strong new 52 superman now?

tristan95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Before convergence of Course.

azza04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

His best feat is lifting the weight of the Earth for 5 days and barely breaking a sweat. It's ridiculous and completely unnecessary.

Redatom1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@azza04: but it was awesome, don't forget he had no exposure to sunlight and that wasn't even his max

Another feat is him being able to hit he'l so hard you heard it from watchtower

azza04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@redatom1234: I'm not a fan of Superman at that level of power.

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 7

He can move planet-sized objects.

@azza04 said:

His best feat is lifting the weight of the Earth for 5 days and barely breaking a sweat. It's ridiculous and completely unnecessary.

That is a high end feat not his regular strength. Because if we take into account high or respectively low feats like that. Bane is capable of drawing blood from Superman like Batman did while on Venom.

You take into account the majority of feats not only one or two to judge the power levels.

azza04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@azza04 said:

That is a high end feat not his regular strength. Because if we take into account high or respectively low feats like that. Bane is capable of drawing blood from Superman like Batman did while on Venom.

You take into account the majority of feats not only one or two to judge the power levels.

It was written and drawn like he was casually lifting the weight with no problem, but to be fair, I don't remember who the writer was at the time.

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@azza04 said:
    @squalleon said:

It was written and drawn like he was casually lifting the weight with no problem, but to be fair, I don't remember who the writer was at the time.

He indeed do it casually but it doesn't matter. What I am saying is, that this is one feat from a whole gallery of feats that disagree with it or don't support it.

I guess what I am saying is that you should see the forest and not the tree.

azza04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@azza04 said:
    @squalleon said:

He indeed do it casually but it doesn't matter. What I am saying is, that this is one feat from a whole gallery of feats that disagree with it or don't support it.

I'm happy to pretend that feat doesn't exist lol

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@azza04 said:
    @squalleon said:

I'm happy to pretend that feat doesn't exist lol

Personally it does or does not I don't care :P It doesn't affect the character anyway.

Redatom1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@azza04: I'm in the minority that does, I hear stuff about Thor and surfer taking on extremely powerful beings, superman doing any of those 2 mentioned should not be a crime especially considering the universe he lives in

azza04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By azza04

@redatom1234: Superman is a mostly Earth bound hero though compared to Thor and Surfer.

Redatom1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@azza04: I know but the threats he deals with and the situations in the DCU, I'd think that bench pressing earth like its Sunday morning is not so far out of what he's capable of

tristan95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@azza04: he tear doomsday in half, survive black hole and. Omega beams,speedblitz orion n parasite, strength to push back a huge braniac ship at least 10 times of the size of the earth,speed durability and strength to smash doomsday through bizarro moon and destroy it

Claymore1998

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

@azza04: The writer for the said issue was Scott Lobdell. Not many people were a big fan of his stories.

Jogga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@azza04 said:

Nearly every single piece of fiction contains more low-ends than high-ends.

DBZ for example has so many low-ends you could make very successful cases for the entire verse to be lowballed.

High-ends are the way to go because of that.

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jogga said:
    @squalleon said:

@azza04 said:

Nearly every single piece of fiction contains more low-ends than high-ends.

DBZ for example has so many low-ends you could make very successful cases for the entire verse to be lowballed.

High-ends are the way to go because of that.

I am not much of a battle forum poster so I don't research feats but I personally consider the average "feat" to be the true one. You know the power level the character will hold during almost all his stories, rather than the overwhelming instances.

Jogga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Jogga

@squalleon There is no single powerlevel remains consistent. Each High-end is scarce for a reason. And low-ends are incredibly common because of it.

Consistant High-ends don't exist if it did, it would lose it's weight.

High ends are to show what the character can REALLY do, while low-ends are their low-showings (lowballed).

Avatar image for heavenlydarkdragon
    HeavenlyDarkDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tristan95:

Strength only... Okay.

Here's some show and tell.

No Caption Provided

Able to move the mass of the Earth for five days straight without stopping and without any sunlight.

No Caption Provided

Punching the villain H'el so hard, that the shockwaves from the blows, were felt from the center of the Earth to the JL satelite HQ.

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

Throwing both him and Brainiac through a black hole and coming out of it.

Has feats of strength they're quite considerable.

AgentofChaos1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

His durability is pathetic

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.