Follow

Superman

Character » Superman appears in 18942 issues.

Sent to Earth as an infant from the dying planet Krypton, Kal-El was adopted by the loving Kent family and raised in America's heartland as Clark Kent. Using his immense solar-fueled powers, he became Superman to defend mankind against all manner of threats while championing truth, justice, and the American way!

How strong is this versions of superman?

Avatar image for son_of_tomorrow
    son_of_tomorrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I just bought Death of superman. I have read it before this time, but now I own it. I was wondering how strong was superman during his fight with doomsday? Was this during a time when his powers were at it's peak or was this just a ordinary showing of superman? I would like that this version of superman was quite powerful, powerful enough to kill doomsday. And come back from the dead since death did not apply to him so long as he was under earth's yellow sun. how would you guys rank him in terms of strength?

deaditegonzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He is the second weakest version of Superman we've ever seen. The Golden Age version that could only jump a building or overpower a locomotive is the only version that is weaker.

To give you a comparison, the Byrne era Superman, the version in Death of Superman, could lift aircraft carriers, whereas the later Pre-52 versions could move 1/3 of the Earth (and was shown on 2 occasions lifting eternity), and the current version from the New-52 was capable of lifting the weight of the Earth for 5 days straight without sunlight.

The Byrne era Superman was a lot slower too, probably supersonic at max, whereas all later versions were capable of superluminal speeds.

His durability was a lot lower too, as later versions tanked supernova's on at least two occasions, whereas the Byrne version was knocked out by a large nuclear explosion.

Simply put, he was still a top dog in power as compared to most other heroes, but he was nowhere near his peak (especially if you count pre-COIE versions of Superman).

Avatar image for son_of_tomorrow
    son_of_tomorrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deaditegonzo: Oh ok thanks for clearing that up for me. So do you think New 52 superman would be stronger than Death of superman doomsday?

deaditegonzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By deaditegonzo

@deaditegonzo: Oh ok thanks for clearing that up for me. So do you think New 52 superman would be stronger than Death of superman doomsday?

By no small margin. New 52 Superman seems to dwarf most other versions in everything EXCEPT his durability (which is really unproven right now),

PowerWoman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

doomsday just kill a weakest version of Superman,doomsday feats even not close to wonder woman

i'm sure pre-52 wonder woman top level can take him

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.