how powerfull will the new supes be.

#1 Posted by Z3RO180 (6552 posts) - - Show Bio

Ok so we are a few issues in and we have seen a bit of power so far but like the title says how powerfull will the new 52 supes be. we al ready know he can destroy hal jordens projecting with his strength and as far as i know that would make him stronger than pre 52 superman witch to me is a good thing and he is fast but not a fast as the flash whitch is also a good thing also in action comics he isnt invurlnable but im not sure if he is invurnable in the superman seris yet.

so in all i thik he might be a better superman than the last.

well thats my veiw point on this so whats your.

#2 Posted by Kallarkz (3303 posts) - - Show Bio

In j.l.a Hal Jordan is a cocky-distracted character. I would like to see how Superman would compare with his constructs n actual time. He seems to have matured a bit more and unlike superman everyday he can become more skilled with his abilities.

#3 Posted by UltimateSMfan (1416 posts) - - Show Bio

@Kallarkz: true but in the same time that jordans gettin more skilled,Supes is absorbin more sun and growing more powerful,so were back to square one.

@Z3RO180: oh and Supes could always break apart green lanterns constructs,there have been alot of instances,its just that he never really had to.and hes almost totally invulnerable in the current title,even in action,it takes like tank fire to the face and braniac powered metallo suits to just knock him of balance n make him bleed a lil,currently i think it wld take a Nuclear Bomb in the face to do that,cuz in the just realeased issue of Justice league supes is knocked out(not incinerated) by darkseids omega beams,which is supposed to be the ultimate wipeout, n that is set 5 years ago,so im pretty sure Supes is still top dog in the new DCU ;)

#4 Posted by Kallarkz (3303 posts) - - Show Bio

Assuming that supermans physiology changes from j.l.a to present

#5 Posted by Z3RO180 (6552 posts) - - Show Bio

@UltimateSMfan: that explains a lot thanks

#6 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (33452 posts) - - Show Bio

I always thought that if Superman really wanted to let go he would just the same as Prime

#7 Posted by azza04 (1503 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't want him to get to powerful, just more skilled with his powers. He can still be Earth's most powerful hero but keep his powers toned down.

#8 Posted by saintutd (52 posts) - - Show Bio

I like new superman, like how he's a little bit more human, gets pissed off starts kicking ass, done well to take DS omega beam, haven't bought the new superman tittle, cos not really enjoyed the first few. Enjoying JL and AC,, I want supes to be powerful, let him be the man!! He needs to be the man!!! stop all the BS of bats taking him down cos that's just fanny fart! Let the man Cut lose, I'm sure he feels like he lives in a world made of cardboard, and he's afraid of breaking something breaking someone!! But darkseid can take it cos he's a big dude, supes figures what the hell,,,what he has here is a rare opportunity to show DS and the readers just how powerful he really is!! POW!!!!! yeah let the man kick ass! He's Superman! Ps, anyone read the lastest superman issue? Should I buy it!?

#9 Posted by HolySerpent (12546 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman really should return to being number uno of the justice league. I want him to be more powerful than the older version

#10 Posted by UltimateSMfan (1416 posts) - - Show Bio

@Z3RO180: no prob :) i take my superman trivia very seriously lol.

@spiderbat87: hey that actually sounds like a possibility cuz supes always holds back to avoid killin ppl n prime just when all out n accidently n then on purpose started killin everybody...

@saintutd: Nice Quote from JLU,and yeah supes shld def be the MAN!! n the latest # of superman was pretty good compared to the last 4,it was quite shockin in a way n the art is incredible so check it out n hopefull the next n final issue of this arc will be really bad ass,still if u wanna hold out on perez's run,go ahead but be back by issue 7 cuz thats when the new team gets on n things are lookin up for them.

@HolySerpent said:

Superman really should return to being number uno of the justice league. I want him to be more powerful than the older version

Totally!!

#11 Posted by HolySerpent (12546 posts) - - Show Bio

Am I only one who thinks superman should be able to take on darksied by himself. I haven't read the newest issue but it bothers me, that it takes the entire justice league to take him on

#12 Posted by saintutd (52 posts) - - Show Bio

@ultimatesmfan thanks man, I'll probably buy it now,,,,, I think when people say SM is too powerful and he's story's r boring should really be blaming the writers, u can make him powerful just make better villains not just lex all the time

#13 Posted by UltimateSMfan (1416 posts) - - Show Bio

@HolySerpent: no,no your not.

@saintutd: exactly.

#14 Posted by Z3RO180 (6552 posts) - - Show Bio

@HolySerpent: nop i also think superman should be able to take on darksied one on one and kick his ass. But not with takeing a few beating himself of corse.

#15 Posted by The Stegman (24426 posts) - - Show Bio
@HolySerpent: nah i think Darkseid should be a large enough threat that the entire JLA needs to defeat him, i hate when they Job Darkseid
#16 Posted by Z3RO180 (6552 posts) - - Show Bio

@UltimateSMfan: see in pre 52 was superman the powerhouse of the JL pluss i think the new supes is better than the old.

#17 Posted by Lvenger (19965 posts) - - Show Bio

@HolySerpent: As much as I like seeing Superman kicking an alien god's ass, the fact is that if Superman was kept at this level, then it reduces the threat that Darkseid poses to the DCU as well as elevating Superman's power level to near godhood. I enjoyed Darkseid kicking the League about at the end of Justice League #4 and frankly I think Darkseid should have been saved as a universal threat that requires all of Earth's heroes to unite and defeat him.

#18 Posted by HolySerpent (12546 posts) - - Show Bio

I think the justice league and earth heroes & villains should united to fight darksied's army. But the final battle to me should always come down to superman against darksied. I'm not saying superman should pawn him, because superman would differently need to go all out( even then superman barely getting the edge). And that's the reason why I always prefer darksied over lex Luther as a archenemy to superman. Darksied push superman to his limits, mind and body. Let's face it, darksied is not the same character when he first appeared. He mores more of a villain to earth. And darksied fans needs to accept that.

#19 Posted by teamextrodinary15 (2232 posts) - - Show Bio

I want him to be as powerful as he can be, let's not give these Anime fanboys something to talk about ;)

#20 Posted by Deranged Midget (17599 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't care how powerful they make him, I just want to see him written to the best of his abilities, not just some brick who doesn't utilize all his powers.

#21 Posted by BlackArmor (6141 posts) - - Show Bio

He'll be able to open pickle jars in a single twist

#22 Posted by Z3RO180 (6552 posts) - - Show Bio

@HolySerpent: i complty agree superman in order to face darksied NEEDS to go all out in order to beat him but like you said supes would only barely beat him and that is and that is yet again like you said is what makes darkseid a great nemisi for supes.

#23 Posted by Z3RO180 (6552 posts) - - Show Bio

@BlackArmor: Haha some past supermen could never do

#24 Posted by termiteone4ever (7364 posts) - - Show Bio

@teamextrodinary15 said:

I want him to be as powerful as he can be, let's not give these Anime fanboys something to talk about ;)

I am an anime Fan boy but superman has always been king in my mind . from back in the days when i read the silver age comics i confirmed no DBZ can top this insane level of Power.

Now with Supes Sword still in play and the Superman golden 1 million there is no doubt that he has the possibility to become one fo the most powerful characters in comics.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.