Follow

Superman

Character » Superman appears in 18885 issues.

Sent to Earth as an infant from the dying planet Krypton, Kal-El was adopted by the loving Kent family and raised in America's heartland as Clark Kent. Using his immense solar-fueled powers, he became Superman to defend mankind against all manner of threats while championing truth, justice, and the American way!

How powerful will Superman be in MOS 2?

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 14

#1 frozen  Moderator

I have a feeling he will be much more powerful; mainly after his World Engine showing.

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 12

Planet buster

Jphu8414

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Jphu8414

He'll probably be a little bit more powerful, but more importantly he'll be more a more experienced and wiser Superman.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

@jphu8414 said:

He'll probably be a little bit more powerful, but more importantly he'll be more a more experienced and wiser Superman.

Black_Arrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Black_Arrow

The only problem (unless Wonder woman has a more active role than I expect) is that he doesn't have enemies powerful enough too make him show all of his power. There will be probably scenes where he catches a plane or stops a train. Maybe he will tank a nuke but I don't think that Luthor would do that.

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
    deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Same as MOS. No reason for him to get an upgrade, especially with Batman around now. And I never understood what was so impressive about the world engine scene. I don't even remember it that well.

Superguy1591

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

@jayc1324: It was applying ten times the gravity of Earth on him and he took it like nothing.

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 12

@jayc1324: It was applying ten times the gravity of Earth on him and he took it like nothing.

It was also weakening him too which is why he needed to recharge

Avatar image for killerinstinct4588
    killerinstinct4588

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Why is Jayc1324even on the Superman forums? It seems his soul propose is to belittle Superman in every aspects by always comparing him to Batman!

Jayccould you stop?

Cloakx14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jphu8414 said:

Avatar image for allstarsuperman
    AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

The only problem (unless Wonder woman has a more active role than I expect) is that he doesn't have enemies powerful enough too make him show all of his power. There will be probably scenes where he catches a plane or stops a train. Maybe he will tank a nuke but I don't think that Luthor would do that.

He will probably get kryptonite or red sun resistance feats if he is fighting Luthor.

SanoHibiki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I feel like he was getting stronger through MOS – after he learned how to fly and received undiluted by Earth atmosphere sunlight. So, in-universe logic says that he should be more powerful in sequel, but there lies problem – we don’t know if in BM vs SM would be situations where Superman would have to apply his full force. But hey, it’s Zack Snyder we are talking about, he is big in making action scenes.

W3BST3R

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Probably the same as the first. I take the oil rig scene as proof that in this universe, Supes doesn't have any kind of TTK, which is why the giant metal object (Idk what it's actually called) buckled after a short while. Lex will probably speculate that he has Kryptonian anti-gravity organs that are amplified under our sun, explaining his flight. Didn't Lex do this in one of the comics? Don't know which one.

W3BST3R

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Also, I think that if we ever see this Superman run with superspeed, the ground should crack from the amount of force he exerts. He doesn't have the Speed Force so his superspeed running should be a very physical thing.

iDude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By iDude

Little bit more powerful, due to him having more experience being superman. In Mos he was told not to use his powers, now after the events of Zod's fight he is using his powers so he can finally learn how to properly use it to their full extent. But we really don't know, all we can do is speculate until BvS.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.