Follow

Superman

Character » Superman appears in 18939 issues.

Sent to Earth as an infant from the dying planet Krypton, Kal-El was adopted by the loving Kent family and raised in America's heartland as Clark Kent. Using his immense solar-fueled powers, he became Superman to defend mankind against all manner of threats while championing truth, justice, and the American way!

How powerful was Allstar Superman?

SOG7dc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

User Lists: 10

i mean really. ive heard a lot of conjecture but no solid facts

Avatar image for theincrediblesuperhulk8642
    TheIncredibleSuperHulk8642

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

Have you read All Star Superman. He was able to (with one arm) hold up 200 quintillion tons, move billions of times faster than light and he even bathed in the sun in the first issue he also seemed to have the power to have his own body's bio electricity as an extension to help shield others (when he saved the spacecraft from the sun) or use it as a projectile (when he fought Bizarro) He also defeated the Sun Tyrant fairly handily.

PowerWoman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By PowerWoman

Hold up 200 quintillion tons isnt more stronger than pre-52 superman,who at least move 1/3 of the earth

SOG7dc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Have you read All Star Superman. He was able to (with one arm) hold up 200 quintillion tons, move billions of times faster than light and he even bathed in the sun in the first issue he also seemed to have the power to have his own body's bio electricity as an extension to help shield others (when he saved the spacecraft from the sun) or use it as a projectile (when he fought Bizarro) He also defeated the Sun Tyrant fairly handily.

- when did he do this. (i have read it multiple times actually....its effn good man)

Avatar image for deranged_midget
    Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 4

Not a true representation. The extent of his strength was arm-wrestling Samson and the other guy(can't remember his name) and lifting 200 quintillion tons. Aside from that, he's assumed to be three times more powerful than his regular counterpart but there isn't really a measuring stick.

SOG7dc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deranged_midget
    Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sog7dc said:

@theincrediblesuperhulk8642 said:

- when did he do this. (i have read it multiple times actually....its effn good man)

When he went to go get Lois those special flowers. (It is incredible I love it it's my favourite comic book of all time)

SOG7dc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sog7dc said:

@theincrediblesuperhulk8642 said:

When he went to go get Lois those special flowers. (It is incredible I love it it's my favourite comic book of all time)

eeehhhh it never says that he left to go get them. they could have already been there at the fortress for all we know.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sog7dc: It actually says he left to go pick them out for her. He has to go to the planet anyways and at the speed he would need to travel it was billions of times faster than light.

SOG7dc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sog7dc: It actually says he left to go pick them out for her. He has to go to the planet anyways and at the speed he would need to travel it was billions of times faster than light.

ill have to re-read it...

PowerWoman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Though many people belive pre-52 superman is a bit stronger than as superman

Avatar image for allstarsuperman
    AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#13  Edited By AllStarSuperman

@logy5000 you've used Allstar superman in CAV havent you? answer this question please?

Avatar image for fallschirmjager
    Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 16

#14  Edited By Fallschirmjager

In terms of physically the question has all ready been answered.

Although All-Star Superman was ridiculously high levels of genius too. So there's that. I believe at one point he created a miniature universe for him to experiment on in the Fortress lol.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b2e798651249
    deactivated-5b2e798651249

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@logy5000 you've used Allstar superman in CAV havent you? answer this question please?

I have.

All-Star Superman can press 200 quintillion tons under earth's gravity. Objects in space only weigh 0.001 of what they weigh on earth, so in theory he could easily pull planets.

He literally made Solaris beg for mercy, and then killed him. (Lacks the morality that normal Superman has.)

He flew from Earth to Alpha Centauri in seconds, meaning he is thousands of times ftl.

He flew straight through Solaris' attacks, which are at least planet level.

Needless to say, he is quite powerful. In fact, I'd say he isn't far below Superboy-Prime.

Avatar image for allstarsuperman
    AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@logy5000: thanks, but is there a way to know that solaris attacks were planet level?

In terms of physically the question has all ready been answered.

Although All-Star Superman was ridiculously high levels of genius too. So there's that. I believe at one point he created a miniature universe for him to experiment on in the Fortress lol.

the universe he created was us.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b2e798651249
    deactivated-5b2e798651249

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@allstarsuperman: Solaris has the power of a star. A star has the potential to wipe out a solar system.

SOG7dc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@logy5000: id very much like to read this CAV. could you give me a link?

Avatar image for scw_sbp_ftw1987
    SCW_SBP_FTW1987

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By SCW_SBP_FTW1987

@theincrediblesuperhulk8642:

The superman your talking about; who not only defeated but one shotted the sentient stellar supercomputer is a different Superman. That is Superman Prime from DC One Million, not to be confused with Super Boy Prime from pre-crisis Earth-Prime. DC One Million Superman Prime sun dipped for about 15,000 years. He also is the first person in dc history to break through the source wall and not only learn the secrets of the Source and the DC multiverse itself, but also to train under the tutelage of. Not to mention the fact that he absorbed the powers of a 5 dimensional imp Mr. Myzxptlk along the way. Another key point to his strength is his immunity to magic. The following measurements are his maximum capability after sun dip.

Lifting Power 10.4 Octillion Tons

Striking Power 10 Octillion megatons

Flight Speed 26.8 Quintillion mph (144086021505376.3 x the speed of light in you were wondering.)

Heat Vision 42.6 Quadrillion degrees F

Durability 10 Octillion megatons (average power of supernova since he survived one)

Above all he has the power of creation setting him among the pantheon of comic history.

so he one shot Solaris

No Caption Provided

He created an entire universe of his own

No Caption Provided

and recreated Lois Lane

No Caption Provided

The only thing left to say on the topic is that the only beings in DC stepping to that level are the The Source itself, Spectre (The Prescence), Lucifer Morningstar, and his brother Archangel Michael

Please don't take this rudely My only intention is to be informative.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

UltimateSMfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Based on his recorded strength level in all star he could throw the moon around like a small bean bag and that's on the earth's surface.(Moon in space would be much easier to move)

SanoHibiki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Don’t think that All-Star Superman was written to have defined feats; its main focus on story, on idea of who is Superman.

Just take mainstream Superman and multiply his abilities four or more times (don’t forget about intellect) – and you’ll get All-Star-class Superman.

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 14

#24 frozen  Moderator

@fallschirmjager:

Not a true representation. The extent of his strength was arm-wrestling Samson and the other guy(can't remember his name) and lifting 200 quintillion tons. Aside from that, he's assumed to be three times more powerful than his regular counterpart but there isn't really a measuring stick.

Don’t think that All-Star Superman was written to have defined feats; its main focus on story, on idea of who is Superman.

Just take mainstream Superman and multiply his abilities four or more times (don’t forget about intellect) – and you’ll get All-Star-class Superman.

Nothing suggests All-Star Superman is physically more powerful than the Post-Crisis Superman.

SanoHibiki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frozen:

Judging by feats alone we indeed can’t say that AS Superman is that stronger than PC Superman (well, maybe except flying speed).

But in case of All Star Supes, story itself heavy implies this. It’s “out of time” limited series, so we can just take mainstream Pre-New-52 Superman and imagine that it happens to him. Then, for story to work out as intended, Superman became at very least three times stronger than before (and it confirmed by Dr. Leo Quintum).

Boynerdgeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Probably the greatest homage to Silver Age era of Superman :) also the death of Superman in All Star Superman is more powerful than Death of Superman. I mean Lex Luthor beat Superman is way more awesome than Doomsday

Also Jimmy Olsen become Doomsday is AWESOME

Bezza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

What is 200 quadrillion tons? Not the weight of the earth right? So is he even as strong as Lobdell's earth bench pressing New 52 Superman?

Black_Arrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Black_Arrow

Well to be fair Superman was lifting 200 quintillion tons with one hand and with ease.

No Caption Provided

Leo states that they haven´t found an upper limit. 200 quintillion tons are just the limitations that the machine has and Superman clearly broke it.

MacDonald

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@logy5000:

He didnt kill solaris he said he knew solaris would reform in the future and notes he will live through the finishing blow of the fight.

In the animated movie version he appears to kill him.

http://wac.450f.edgecastcdn.net/80450F/comicsalliance.com/files/2011/02/allstar07.jpg

Titanbreaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

While nowhere near as impressive as the 200 quintillion feat Superman does have a key to his fortress of solitude weighing half a million tons which he can lift with ease. To him it is kind of like your average key. The other Kryptonians who show up later also can lift it meaning Kryptonians seem to all be able to hit this feat of strength.

No Caption Provided

Here is a scan showing what @theincrediblesuperhulk8642 was saying about able to fire out his own bio energy

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for heavenlydarkdragon
    HeavenlyDarkDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So besides the augment in his physical abilities, he also gained this cool new power he could use both as a defensive and ofensive power.

No Caption Provided

Ofensive...

No Caption Provided

... defensive.

Also he was able to enter the sun that Solaris had turned into a blue star and turned it back to a yellow star by staying inside the core, until the time came the sun was completely fixed.

No Caption Provided

He also became smarter, and green kryptonite could no longer kill him. Only weaken him a little.

We do know that in the future it's this original Superman that will become the gold Superman-Prime.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

No Caption Provided

... defensive.

If I had to give Superman a new power, and really I don't think he needs one, just more control and experience with his usual powerset, this is the power I'd give Superman.

HeavenlyDarkDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger:

Agree. Not only the bioelectric aura can be use has a defensive power but also ofensive. And the best of it is that it's not really a new power but a extension of a power he already had, only that the overcharge of sunlight, granted Superman a better control over his powers, together with other augmentations.

A simple thing that could've have been done since the start of the New 52, was reintroduce the kryptonian Torquasm art. But this time add levels to it. And each time Superman mastered a level he'd be able to use one or more of his powers in a new way. That way it wouldn't be adding powers to Supes, both rather making him better at the use of power/potential his body holds.

Just like Wraith had been very clear about it. That Superman still had a lot to learn about what he could actually do.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Lvenger

@heavenlydarkdragon: I'd only focus on the defensive use of it personally, Superman doesn't need a third blasting power when he has heat vision and freeze breath already. As well as being an extension of another one of Superman's powers, a better extension than the solar flare anyway, I would also use Superman's new power as a metaphor for his desire to protect people and indeed all life constructed into a physical barrier. A forcefield would make more sense for someone like Superman anyway.

That's why I feel Wraith would be the better villain, or antagonist at least, to bring back and develop further unlike Lobdell's overpowered H'El. Wraith is more powerful than Superman, but not vastly overpowered to the point that Superman has no chance of defeating him in a fight. That's what it was like when Superman fought H'El, I couldn't see how Clark could win. Wraith could still train Superman in using his powers more expertly but still have different motivations and ideologies compared to Superman, creating friction and tension between the two.

Jogga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Jogga

@lvenger said:

@heavenlydarkdragon: I'd only focus on the defensive use of it personally, Superman doesn't need a third blasting power when he has heat vision and freeze breath already. As well as being an extension of another one of Superman's powers, a better extension than the solar flare anyway, I would also use Superman's new power as a metaphor for his desire to protect people and indeed all life constructed into a physical barrier. A forcefield would make more sense for someone like Superman anyway.

That's why I feel Wraith would be the better villain, or antagonist at least, to bring back and develop further unlike Lobdell's overpowered H'El. Wraith is more powerful than Superman, but not vastly overpowered to the point that Superman has no chance of defeating him in a fight. That's what it was like when Superman fought H'El, I couldn't see how Clark could win. Wraith could still train Superman in using his powers more expertly but still have different motivations and ideologies compared to Superman, creating friction and tension between the two.

Ditto.

Here are my two cents on that whole H'El thing

Despite the Narrative and the Writer (iirc) embracing the thought of Superman going full force on a character stronger than him, they don't really let it be fully appreciated. There wasn't any weight tied to the situation. When the character goes full "Beast Mode", for the lack of a better term, you can't just have him getting overwhelmed again or have the villain of the story virtually unaffected as a result. That'd be stupid, like what Lobdell did.

Wraith was a better character because he was practically the DKR Superman, a more experienced and powerful one at that.

H'El should have been the "Kal-El/Alienated-from-Humanity"-Superman, so there was a missed potential in that regard.

Geez, Lobdell is a bad writer.

I do appreciate the feats he gave Superman, though. For all it is worth...

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Lvenger

@jogga: Great point on the lack of weight behind Superman cutting loose on H'El. Superman punched H'El hard enough to shake the planet only for H'El to smack him off and get taken out by Supergirl literally backstabbing him with Kryptonite. An underwhelming end to an underwhelming event I thought. In contrast, when Superman turned the tides against Wraith, that was a significant twist in Unchained and changed the course of the fight. That was missing whenever Superman fought H'El because H'El was way too powerful for Superman to overcome.

Bezza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Funny you mention Wraith, I was just reading through Issue 8 of Unchained yesterday as I try and re-ignite my superman interest again and thought it was one of THE great fights in the New 52 world so far.....as you say, Wraith has the edge, but superman's cunning and brain power helped him get on level terms...

Re All Star supes, I was never sure how much stronger than current Supes he is....

Jogga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Jogga

@lvenger: The change of tides with Wraith is kind of diffrent to what I'm refering to, tho. Superman's triumph against Wraith was more due to pure ingenuety and PIS rather than because of Superman cutting loose. Not to mention that Superman left Wraith to die in the end of the fight, which ruined the mood for me.

Avatar image for christianrapper
    christianrapper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

how faithful to the comics is the cartoon version of all star superman? the cartoon version of him had that dumb weakness of absorbing too much sunlight. in a way he was weaker than the regular superman.

HeavenlyDarkDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

how faithful to the comics is the cartoon version of all star superman? the cartoon version of him had that dumb weakness of absorbing too much sunlight. in a way he was weaker than the regular superman.

It was pretty much the same has the comics, but with certain scenes left out or changed. But the solar overcharge happens exactly the same way in both versions. Comic and movie.

And he didn't became weaker. He became stronger. His powers multiplied at least three times. Like seen in this scene.

No Caption Provided

The problem being that the overcharge was apparently killing Superman. That's why at the very end he started to weaken. But the apparent death was just a phase in a transformation.

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for christianrapper
    christianrapper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@christianrapper said:

It was pretty much the same has the comics, but with certain scenes left out or changed. But the solar overcharge happens exactly the same way in both versions. Comic and movie.

And he didn't became weaker. He became stronger. His powers multiplied at least three times. Like seen in this scene.

No Caption Provided

The problem being that the overcharge was apparently killing Superman. That's why at the very end he started to weaken. But the apparent death was just a phase in a transformation.

No Caption Provided

well weaker is the wrong word. i meant that he became over charged so much that it was going to kill him. however, it seems to be hinted at that he was going to become superman one million.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.