how powerful is superman

#1 Posted by sumafatrider (59 posts) - - Show Bio

seriously cansomeone clear this up for me,writers try to depower him all the time may be to make him interesting ,so how powerfull is he

#2 Posted by colonyofcells (2038 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman seems to be as powerful as the gods and this is true of all kryptonians and maybe also daxamites. One possible limit is the sun of our solar system which seems to be where kryptonians get their powers and not from all the stars in the universes.

#3 Posted by Z3RO180 (6337 posts) - - Show Bio

@colonyofcells said:

Superman seems to be as powerful as the gods and this is true of all kryptonians and maybe also daxamites. One possible limit is the sun of our solar system which seems to be where kryptonians get their powers and not from all the stars in the universes.

@sumafatrider:

this is ture to a degree it not just our sun but all yellow suns in the universe will give Superman his powers. Were as a red sun will slowly take aways his powers ovr time and a blue sun will make superman stronger

#4 Edited by colonyofcells (2038 posts) - - Show Bio

The justice society Starman got his powers from all the stars so if Superman can also use the powers of all the stars in the universes and not just the nearby sun, that could serve as the limit to the powers of Superman. The idea that weaker red stars can take away Superman's powers is just dumb and is as dumb as the silly kryptonite weakness. I would assume weaker red stars will just give Superman weaker powers rather than take away powers.

#5 Posted by Gambit1024 (9890 posts) - - Show Bio

More powerful than a locomotive. Duh.

#6 Posted by jobbernos (1420 posts) - - Show Bio

super duper powerful.

#7 Posted by Dark_Vengeance_ (14587 posts) - - Show Bio

flicking your head off powerful

#8 Posted by TheSwordsman (1954 posts) - - Show Bio
As fast as the Flash
Bench-pressing the weight of the Earth for 5 days while being out of the sun and only perspiring one drop of sweat.
#9 Posted by stephens2177 (1004 posts) - - Show Bio

more powerful than all the comicvine battle board haters combined.

#10 Posted by Eternal19 (2076 posts) - - Show Bio

@colonyofcells said:

The justice society Starman got his powers from all the stars so if Superman can also use the powers of all the stars in the universes and not just the nearby sun, that could serve as the limit to the powers of Superman. The idea that weaker red stars can take away Superman's powers is just dumb and is as dumb as the silly kryptonite weakness. I would assume weaker red stars will just give Superman weaker powers rather than take away powers.

no, red suns willl completely take away his powers. I suggest you read All-star Superman for an interesting explanation of Superman's powers

#11 Edited by colonyofcells (2038 posts) - - Show Bio

I can also invent explanations why Superman is allergic to kryptnite, red suns and magic but all of these arbitrary and visually idiotic weaknesses are not really necessary if Superman is not too powerful for most of the comic book stories. I started in the bronze age and orange suns were also popular when I was a kid.

#12 Posted by GunGunW (996 posts) - - Show Bio

He's a Superman. True story.

#13 Posted by sumafatrider (59 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheSwordsman said:

As fast as the Flash
Bench-pressing the weight of the Earth for 5 days while being out of the sun and only perspiring one drop of sweat.

whow!! this explains it

#14 Posted by termiteone4ever (7003 posts) - - Show Bio

He is powerful for sure . I would rate his power as solar system buster :O

#15 Posted by KnightRise (4785 posts) - - Show Bio

All of it.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.