Follow

Superman

Character » Superman appears in 18942 issues.

Sent to Earth as an infant from the dying planet Krypton, Kal-El was adopted by the loving Kent family and raised in America's heartland as Clark Kent. Using his immense solar-fueled powers, he became Superman to defend mankind against all manner of threats while championing truth, justice, and the American way!

How powerful do you like your Superman?

Avatar image for deactivated-627010180bd2d
    deactivated-627010180bd2d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I like JLU Superman best.

-Racob has spoken

Boynerdgeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

I like Superman who is awesome and love having powers

I hate Superman who said "I will not fly, I choose walk around america". Yeah I'm talking to you Superman Grounded

Avatar image for blackhawk000111
    blackhawk000111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

JLU superman power levels was the best

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 7

#5  Edited By Squalleon

A lot.

In a world full of super-heroes I want Superman to feel like the super-hero, the hero of heroes. I want his powers to match his name and vice-versa. I can't really quantify it but when I see it I can tell.

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 14

#6 frozen  Moderator

A Superman who can move planets.

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#7  Edited By dernman

On a higher level than all the other heroes for concept purposes. Still lower than you would think. That would actually entail lowering many others powers, which I'm good with or without Superman.

As I get older the whole moving or destroying a planet for characters seems bothersome to me.

SOG7dc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

User Lists: 10

Cosmic tier. I'd like if he were able to go head to head with Surfer

WELLDONE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

JLU/falseSUPERMAN cartoon power levels were HORRID, almost unwatchable. what kind of fan wants a pathetic superman like that?? he was struggling to lift a firetruck for Christ sake lmao. that's the guy you want to instill hope? how is he suppose to do that when he gets harmed by bullets? superman should be POWERFUL, when you see a powerful god like man do good, for the sake of doing good, it inspires and makes you want to be a better person, its like "wow this guy has so much power and he uses it so selflessly, i want to be like him" im sorry but a weak superman DOES NOT instill hope, in fact it does the complete opposite. and before all you weak superman lovers come at me, might i remind you some of superman's best stories are when hes VERY powerful? grounded superman sucks, period. hes the granddaddy of all superheroes, i just dont understand the obseesion with you all wanting him so weak, its retarded and an insult to the character.

Avatar image for theamazingimmortalman
    TheAmazingImmortalMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

A lot.

In a world full of super-heroes I want Superman to feel like the super-hero, the hero of heroes. I want his powers to match his name and vice-versa. I can't really quantify it but when I see it I can tell.

this

tensor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I like Pre crisis and New 52 Superman not over the top an crazy powerful.

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Squalleon

I don't want Superman uber powerful, but moments like these are what Superman is all about. Also Morrison making Blue Superman a badass is a true life feat.
    I don't want Superman uber powerful, but moments like these are what Superman is all about. Also Morrison making Blue Superman a badass is a true life feat.
    Gracetrack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Gracetrack

@theamazingimmortalman said:

@squalleon said:

A lot.

this

Same.

I'd also like to see more unique abilities on top of what he already has. He has cool stuff like x-ray vision and cold breath (which I want to see more of too), but then I wouldn't mind him unleashing some never-before-seen powers, like perhaps a healing touch, true night vision, or maybe some form of telekinesis or the ability to transmute objects (to a mild degree). Stuff like that. His strength, speed, and durability levels are fine as they are now. No need to touch those.

ganon15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By ganon15
    MONKEY_Butt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

As the founding father of superheroes (if not all) I'd like superman to have an immense power upgrade (cosmic tier), smashing the likes of thanos with the IG, OF thor, WBH, silver surfer and all. I'd like to see these happen though impossible

Avatar image for amazing_webhead
    amazing_webhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 20

Not so powerful that nothing could challenge him, but still powerful enough so it's clear that he's the strongest hero

Superguy1591

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Just give him a limit. I don't care what the limit is, but set one and make sure writers don't break it every week.

Avatar image for supermankingofheroes
    supermankingofheroes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@racob7

The worlds greatest hero should be top tier compared to any character

Avatar image for deactivated-627010180bd2d
    deactivated-627010180bd2d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@supermankingofheroes: He should certainly be the most powerful of Earth's heroes, but I don't want him moving planets or anything like that.

micah007123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By micah007123

Weaker than Goku

I honestly couldn't help myself.

Jogga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Jogga

Strong enough to pull Pullox (the star)

Fast enough to cross dozens of Galaxies in an Hour or two.

Durable enough to tank Hypernovas

Heat vision hotter than the sun

Freeze breath as cold as cold can be.

Telescopic vision can see in an atomic level

Etc..

Short answer? I want it to be at an insane level of power.

Avatar image for sleeping_and_eating
    sleeping_and_eating

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jogga said:

Strong enough to pull Pullox (the star)

Fast enough to cross dozens of Galaxies in an Hour or two.

Durable enough to tank Hypernovas

Heat vision hotter than the sun

Freeze breath as cold as cold can be.

Telescopic vision can see in an atomic level

Etc..

Short answer? I want it to be at an insane level of power.

@squalleon said:

A lot.

this

All of these. I want him to be by FAR the most powerful being on Earth with the potential to grow even more powerful overtime with more exposure to our yellow sun. As long as he's under Earth's yellow sun his strength/power should be UNLIMITED as he will just grow stronger and stronger. He should have the potential to grow into a cosmic level being and even surpass that in the future one day. Kara, Karen and all other pure Kryptonians should be the exact same way imo. As long as they're under a blue or yellow sun their strength is potentially WITHOUT LIMITS. I love a Superman who keeps pushing beyond his limits for the sake of doing good and helping those in need. I find it really inspiring when you have this god on Earth who practically has no limits on his power and all he wants to do is help people and have fun while doing it.

micah007123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By micah007123

I prefer a more realistic Superman. I want him to be by far one of the most powerful things on earth, but I don't want him to be cosmic, Earth One Superman is a version of Superman I prefer along with the Man of Steel one. So far in both he's by far the most powerful being on earth but he's not unbeatable and godlike. If he does become that powerful it should be only if he's sundipped. Having a purely overpowered character all the time is boring, and not inspiring to me when he's godlike. Those versions of Superman are doing it right IMO.

ScouterV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

As strong as he needs to be.

But with visible effort and strain on his part.

If he needs to push a planet, he better be drenched in sweat and sore as all Hell for at least the rest of the day.

His potential though, should be something we get glimpses of. Perhaps at One Millions' level, but even Kal Kent works.

He should be able to do what no single hero can do, but not consecutively. If the planet he pushed needed to be moved back, don't ask Superman.

Jeremy1989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I want him to be Hercules strong.

Basically a level over 9,000.

Jimishim12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

SO strong, that eventually over time and near the end he is no longer bound by the laws of the universe but tied to the divine and holy as more and more his powers grow and through points of time he unlocks hidden inner power that he draws from his will and courage that allows him to cross over towards a heavenly being temporarily. And in the end, actually becomes a full agent of heaven or one of the choosen archangels for the Presense maybe even the next son of god.

Avatar image for blackhawk000111
    blackhawk000111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just give him a limit. I don't care what the limit is, but set one and make sure writers don't break it every week.

this

Also he should not be able to lift planets that is too much.I also prefer MOS power levels.

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
    deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Besides the bench pressing the earth for five days straight feat, new 52 superman is great in terms of power. He generally stays at his level. He doesn't overpower Darkseid and was shown to be clearly weaker than guys like Wraith and H'el, yet he's still the strongest guy in JL and is the major powerhouse of the heroes.

Avatar image for l3g3ndarypheonix
    L3g3ndaryPheonix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By L3g3ndaryPheonix

@jogga: so what would be a challenge for him if he's at those fanfic levels?

That kind of superman would make a boring story

Mos superman power level was great

Jogga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jogga: so what would be a challenge for him if he's at those fanfic levels?

That kind of superman would make a boring story

You DO realize All-Star Superman has been written at those fanficlevels, right? And it has been hailed to be one of the greatest stories in Superman's 76 years of history.

Despite what you may believe, Superman at those levels can still be challenged by the events of the narrative.

There are still plenty of heroes whom are still above that level.

Speedster101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Honestly I want to think of superman as the most powerful being on earth and not to get rekt by Wally west and MMH... But I don't think there should be any planet moving or even light speed movement...

ScouterV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By ScouterV

Honestly I want to think of superman as the most powerful being on earth and not to get rekt by Wally west and MMH... But I don't think there should be any planet moving or even light speed movement...

In all Fairness, it's not really that Wally is stronger.

His specific powerset enables him to defeat people who should generally be out of a Speedsters weight class.

That's the Speed Force for ya though.

Speedster101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Speedster101

@scouterv: ehh I think the IMP and speed steal makes him just that powerful... But ya it is kinda ridiculous

Avatar image for deranged_midget
    Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 4

New 52 Superman is pretty much how I envision the character. Stupidly, and probably the most, powerful being on the Earth. But not the most powerful thing ever.

dimitridkatsis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By dimitridkatsis

A lot.

How about....

No Caption Provided

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@squalleon said:

A lot.

How about....

Lol :P But I had in mind something closer to Morrison's Superman in JLA or in Final Crisis.

Jogga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Jogga

@dimitridkatsis said:

@squalleon said:

A lot.

How about....

Lol :P But I had in mind something closer to Morrison's Superman in JLA or in Final Crisis.

What feat did he do in Final Crisis?

Sovereign91001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Somewhere between current and bronze age...basically slightly above herald level.

TheAristocrat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Faster than a speeding bullet! More powerful than a locomotive! Able to leap tall buildings in a single bound!

Avatar image for heavenlydarkdragon
    HeavenlyDarkDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

New 52 Superman, without a doubt!

Able to move the mass of planets, go to the heart of stars, escape from inside a black hole, able to move at almost unlimited speed, and not useless even when exposed to kryptonite.

Avatar image for darknightspideyfanboy
    darknightspideyfanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Don't care how strong you make him just don't make his villain act like a punk

Black_Arrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Black_Arrow

A yoctosecond should be like a millenium to him, He should be able to travel throught the universe in the blink of an eye, He should be able to travel throught time and between dimensions by vibrating. He should be able to lift all the matter in the universe, no barrier should be able to withstand his power (even if it is magical), His freeze breath should paralyze everyone completely, his heat vision should have the power of all the stars combined. (those are many more things I want him to do but there are the basics)

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

New 52 Superman is pretty much how I envision the character. Stupidly, and probably the most, powerful being on the Earth. But not the most powerful thing ever.

I actually do think that a fully letting go Superman should be one of the most powerful, most dangerous forces ever. That would make his letting loose moments all the more special, because it would put context to just how careful he really is around mortals. This isn't coming from a fanboy "i want sooperman to be the strongest!" desire, but rather I believe that if it's revealed Superman actually holds back THAT MUCH almost all the time, just for the sake of the Earth and it's inhabitants, it would both humanize him and elevate him to godhood simultaneously, in that he's unimaginably powerful but his love of life is far stronger.

For me, a perfect Superman would be one with no clear, definable limit. Every time he struggles, it should be with something ludicrous and unquantifiable, or simply other characters on that same level. I understand the difficulties in storytelling with that in mind though, so I'll settle for 'capable of moving planets with difficulty' and 'can perceive lightspeed.'

TheBlondeGod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@squalleon said:

A lot.

this

Double this.

redwingx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.