Follow

Superman

Character » Superman appears in 18940 issues.

Sent to Earth as an infant from the dying planet Krypton, Kal-El was adopted by the loving Kent family and raised in America's heartland as Clark Kent. Using his immense solar-fueled powers, he became Superman to defend mankind against all manner of threats while championing truth, justice, and the American way!

How many Supermen are left in the multiverse?

Avatar image for deactivated-60ae841330527
    deactivated-60ae841330527

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Rhetorical Question but consider;

1. First; Earth 2 Superman Dies
    2. Then; SuperDoom, an evil Superman, kills some other Supermen
    3. Now; Darksied has a whole collection of Superman bodies

Plus, one Superman is Ultraman!

Assuming there are still only 52 universes, what the heck is DC doing to Big Blue?

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

There use to be 52 Earths but we don't know if it's the same post flashpoint. There could be an infinite amount of them.

UltimateSMfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By UltimateSMfan

They're celebrating 75 years of Superman by wiping him out of existence earth after earth. (-.-')

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ultimatesmfan:

I know .... Serious ...where Didio when you actually want him to edit something that needed it?

SanoHibiki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

We can’t say for sure that Earth-2 Superman is dead. There is possibility that he survived, was brainwawashed and took identity of Brutale. For sure we would know in October, but there some hints.

No Caption Provided

That Darkie’s room with Supermen seems dubious to me. Don’t think that dead Kryptonian that much different from dead human. Then why bodies of Supermen aren’t decaying? Or it’s actually some cryo-room, or Darkie killed them all in one day?

Overall, it feels like DC pulling Highlander on Superman:

In the end there can be only one Last Son of Krypton.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sanohibiki: I hope they are in stasis. Interesting regarding Brutale ....

The_Titan_Lord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By The_Titan_Lord

Infinite maybe.

stephens2177

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Maybe that's why the superman now seems to be getting insanely powerful,with feat after feat,maybe it's because whenever you kill one superman,his power goes to another.so it's Highlander plus jet li there can be only one.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

We can’t say for sure that Earth-2 Superman is dead. There is possibility that he survived, was brainwawashed and took identity of Brutale. For sure we would know in October, but there some hints.

No Caption Provided

That Darkie’s room with Supermen seems dubious to me. Don’t think that dead Kryptonian that much different from dead human. Then why bodies of Supermen aren’t decaying? Or it’s actually some cryo-room, or Darkie killed them all in one day?

Overall, it feels like DC pulling Highlander on Superman:

In the end there can be only one Last Son of Krypton.

Seems you were right :)

SanoHibiki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@drgnx:

Yeah, read entire issue just several hours before.

Unless E2 Superman’s brainwashing is unbreakable, then I can foretell much brooding and angsting on his part, when he would return to his original self.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sanohibiki:

Thinking maybe Those Supermen are not dead but are all being brainwashed? Since DS wanted to brainwash Superman in JL.

stephens2177

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By stephens2177

@drgnx: omg that would be agreat idea,maybe Darkseid brainwashes them to go back and take over their own Earth,perfect way for him to add insult to injury.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for wishiwassuperman
    WIshIWasSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

@sanohibiki: @drgnx: @stephens2177: looks like more than just brainwashing though. See the omega beams he has, not just heat vision. He amped him up. And I agree, that's an awesome story idea and very much something Darkseid would do IMO.

SanoHibiki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wishiwassuperman: @stephens2177: @drgnx:

Thinking maybe Those Supermen are not dead but are all being brainwashed? Since DS wanted to brainwash Superman in JL.

maybe Darkseid brainwashes them to go back and take over their own Earth,perfect way for him to add insult to injury.

that's an awesome story idea

Good idea and potentially awesome storyline. That would very Darkie-like thing to do.

There just one problem – not so sure that DC will ripe this potential. Still, hoping for the best, because if we wrong, population of Supermen in great danger

Guys, I wanted to ask for some time. How many Darkseids out there? In Pre-52 I was sure that every Earth had its own version of Darkseid. Was I wrong? In New-52 Darkseid’s origin story clearly says that he is one for all Earths.

Supreme_Maj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Supreme_Maj

Yep there is only one Darkseid through out the multiverse and only one Highfather so that is why they are so powerful now

SanoHibiki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By SanoHibiki

@supreme_maj said:

Yep there is only one Darkseid through out the multiverse and only one Highfather so that is why they are so powerful now

I understand that in New-52 there is only one Darkseid throughout the multiverse (as you said). Was that the same in Pre-Flashpoint Universe?

For example, Superman/Batman: Supergirl ark. Darkie kidnapped her and tried to turn into one of Furies, eventually gets beaten by combined efforts of Supes, Batty, WW and others. Later, when Batman somehow appeared on gender bendered Earth, he learned that Darkseid tried the similar with male version of Supergirl – Superlad. Is that also was one Darkseid that one by one tried to do the same to all 52 versions of Supergirl and each time got beaten in the same manner?

@drgnx:

No Caption Provided

Just now noticed it. Earth-2 Superman promised to kill Steppenwolf – and eventually he did it. Supes really always keeps his word.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Anyone thinks that Brutal's partners are Wonder Woman and Batman?

Avatar image for wishiwassuperman
    WIshIWasSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#19  Edited By WIshIWasSuperman

@drgnx: it would be an interesting plot point, have the trinity taking over Earth 2 like that, but for Batman and Wonder Woman it's a complete power change. Batman would ha E gained some pretty potent psionic abilities and wonder woman would be very different as well. It's always possible since Superman's powers have obviously been adjusted too, but as it stands at the moment I don't see it.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wishiwassuperman:

Well the other dude is attached to some metal device, it could be doing most of the work! The girl .. I can't remember her details, but just a thought regardless.

SandMan_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Between Darkseid's Supermqn slaughter house and Superdooms rampage...IDK.

UltimateSMfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By UltimateSMfan

@wishiwassuperman: @stephens2177: @drgnx:

maybe Darkseid brainwashes them to go back and take over their own Earth,perfect way for him to add insult to injury.

that's an awesome story idea

Good idea and potentially awesome storyline. That would very Darkie-like thing to do.

Oh my God! In all seriousness ever since Earth 2 #16 came out I'v been thinking up potential wild,awesome( well,to me anyway and now apparently to you guys too) story ideas that could happen connecting E2 16 with Darkseid's villains month issue and damn I'v literally been fantasizing about this very same idea for the past couple of weeks....I'v got some crazy interesting ideas that go more into detail and further the story of this whole thing but won't disclose it right now( its just my personal fanfic at this point) but seriously......

One of us should write superman.....Rather a Darkseid book.

Avatar image for consolemaster001
    consolemaster001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

They're celebrating 75 years of Superman by wiping him out of existence earth after earth. (-.-')

That's horrible.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.