How does superman shave without melting a mirror

#1 Posted by TrollHunter (148 posts) - - Show Bio

Ive only seen once where he shaved by reflecting his HEAT VISION off a mirror back onto his face :-/ don't rightly know how thats supposed to work .

As if that was possible they would used it on shuttles,

(hey look at me I'm poking holes in plot lines all geeky like. )

#2 Posted by sethysquare (3843 posts) - - Show Bio

I think that was on Superman the animated series.

#3 Posted by Kal'smahboi (3517 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah, that was in the animated series. In the comics he used to reflect it through some kind of Kryptonian crystal or metal (can't remember exactly.) Now, they just don't address it.

#4 Posted by Or35ti (1101 posts) - - Show Bio

It's a shard of glass from the remains of his rocket which he came to Earth with :)

#5 Posted by AssertingValor (5392 posts) - - Show Bio

@TrollHunter: it will reflect like any other laser........

#6 Posted by Z3RO180 (6538 posts) - - Show Bio

@Kal'smahboi: lol i remember i asked you that same question how does he shave. Tis a small fourm after all :)

#7 Posted by Vortex13 (12250 posts) - - Show Bio

@LordMaverick said:

He doesn't have laser vision though, it's heat vision and you can't deflect heat with a mirror.

#8 Posted by AssertingValor (5392 posts) - - Show Bio

@Vortex13: u can, the heat from his vision is in forward motion, and anything in forward motion can be deflected....

#9 Posted by sinestro_GL (3152 posts) - - Show Bio

@sethysquare: @Kal'smahboi: I think the idea was originally from John Byrne's Man of Steel...(issue 2 I think).

#10 Posted by WaveMotionCannon (5411 posts) - - Show Bio
@LordMaverick

@Vortex13: u can, the heat from his vision is in forward motion, and anything in forward motion can be deflected....

How? Heat can be absorbed or directed not reflected. Is his heat vision a laser or does he mentally agitate molecules til they produce heat like a microwave ?
#11 Posted by jeanroygrant (20191 posts) - - Show Bio

@Vortex13 said:

@LordMaverick said:

He doesn't have laser vision though, it's heat vision and you can't deflect heat with a mirror.

#12 Posted by TrollHunter (148 posts) - - Show Bio

@jeanroygrant said:

@Vortex13 said:

@LordMaverick said:

I would of said the same thing but then it would of turned into a full size discussion on the validity of aforementioned Laser Vs Heat

go figure...:)

#13 Posted by AssertingValor (5392 posts) - - Show Bio

@TrollHunter:

@jeanroygrant: After further thought, the idea of heat being deflected by a mirror is plausible.

i'm no sure but i believe that heat cannot travel without a medium, such as solar wind to carry it.

And if all else heat vision could possibley be deflected magnetically, i would like to research this idea......

#14 Posted by cloudzackvincent (1028 posts) - - Show Bio

actually mirrors do reflect heat...to be precise they reflect the infra red waves.... in fact it is the very principle used in mylar space blankets.... nd u cn even test this usin a tv remote... u can turn on the tv by pointin at its image in the mirror... but if u replce the mirror with, for example ur body, then it wnt wrk cz ur body will absorb the IR wave

#15 Posted by TrollHunter (148 posts) - - Show Bio

@LordMaverick said:

@TrollHunter:

@jeanroygrant: After further thought, the idea of heat being deflected by a mirror is plausible.

i'm no sure but i believe that heat cannot travel without a medium, such as solar wind to carry it.

And if all else heat vision could possibley be deflected magnetically, i would like to research this idea......

But a mirrors not a magnet nor is it solar wind so...go figure XD

#16 Edited by evilvegeta74 (4530 posts) - - Show Bio

Kryptonite razor at superspeed,or clippers

#17 Posted by walmartian (6 posts) - - Show Bio

i guess in the new 52 his hair is just static

it can't be cut and it doesn't grow

#18 Posted by Fuchsia_Nightingale (10180 posts) - - Show Bio

It's..uh fiction ^_^

#19 Posted by Billy Batson (58024 posts) - - Show Bio

The funny thing is that it's been asked before.
BB

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.