How does Superman?......

#1 Posted by chaos-soul (1419 posts) - - Show Bio

How does superman fly faster.

How does super man get a hair cut or shave.

how does maintain his weight.

These are questions that i have been wondering for a while (not seriously) but i wonder what other people think.

#2 Posted by spinningbirdcake (1430 posts) - - Show Bio

Well...I suppose if he wills himself to fly he wills himself to fly faster? He wills harder?

I think they've shown him using his heat vision and mirrors to cut his hair and shave.

I guess he has to work out just like everyone else.

#3 Posted by lightsout (1836 posts) - - Show Bio

1) wills it (by whatever mechanism he flies)

2) Has this even been consistently described? Many times it says his hair doesn't grow when he's under yellow sun (nor can it be cut .....which shouldn't be true, because hair is dead-cells, so those cells shouldn't be powered as his normal cells are)

3) In most cases he only needs sun to survive, so he probably is always his current size without having to maintain or watch his weight.

#4 Posted by chaos-soul (1419 posts) - - Show Bio

wouldnt his heat vision be hot enough to just melt the glass of a mirror? my buddy says he uses a magic razor from zatana

#5 Posted by TrueMarvel (272 posts) - - Show Bio

Steroids

#6 Posted by lightsout (1836 posts) - - Show Bio

@chaos-soul: I "don't count" any instance of the heat-vision-into-mirror reasoning. It's simply a corny, "for fun" moment that I would bet originated in the 70s or before.

#7 Posted by Stormbox (2001 posts) - - Show Bio

He used to use heat vision and a piece from his spaceship to shave

No idea how he shaves in the new 52

#8 Posted by Clark_EL (2676 posts) - - Show Bio

@chaos-soul said:

How does superman fly faster.

How does super man get a hair cut or shave.

how does maintain his weight.

These are questions that i have been wondering for a while (not seriously) but i wonder what other people think.

1. He concentrates harder

2, Heat vision to the mirror

3. Is metabolism is too high, so he doesn't have to do anything.

#9 Posted by ShowboatingPenguin (149 posts) - - Show Bio

Can't Superman control the temperature his heat vision?

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.