Follow

Superman

Character » Superman appears in 18939 issues.

Sent to Earth as an infant from the dying planet Krypton, Kal-El was adopted by the loving Kent family and raised in America's heartland as Clark Kent. Using his immense solar-fueled powers, he became Superman to defend mankind against all manner of threats while championing truth, justice, and the American way!

How does Lex Luthor gain possession of kryptonite?

kamakazi152

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I tried searching the forums but didn't come up with anything. I've not been able to find the answer to the question before and I figured this is the place to ask.

w0nd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

buys it off people who find it, or once found he hires a crew and mines it himself.....

Tacos_Kickass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Apparently this rare ore from an extinct planet is really easy to find because it seems like everyone has some.

Veshark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Pre-52, Luthor got hold of it from Metallo. Metallo in turn, had been resurrected by a scientist who had found a fragment of Kryptonite. This took place in Byrne's Man of Steel, I believe.

In the New 52, Luthor (to my knowledge) does not have possession of Kryptonite yet. Though it does already exist in this continuity.

Avatar image for banestrokelobogrundybatarrow
    BaneStrokeLoboGrundyBatArrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

I tried searching the forums but didn't come up with anything. I've not been able to find the answer to the question before and I figured this is the place to ask.

He's a rich crafty bald bastard, he has a place.

sinestro_GL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 8

In the new 52, he stole some from the military.

UltimateSMfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

For how he got it in the new 52 read action comics annual 1 and for how he got it pre 52 there's three versions cuz there were three origin stories. Man of steel volume 2, birthright, secret origin.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.