How did superman came back to life after doomsday killed him

#1 Posted by Qpzmg (976 posts) - - Show Bio
#2 Posted by Hazlenaut (1960 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman did not die he was just in coma. His heart was so low that it was nearly undetectable. Yeah it stupid and a letdown but that how it goes.

#3 Posted by Z3RO180 (5943 posts) - - Show Bio

@Hazlenaut: yea but in later storys I.E. reign of doomsday they say that he died so i guess DC sayed yea its dumb we know ok he did die.

#4 Posted by danhimself (21904 posts) - - Show Bio

@Z3RO180 said:

@Hazlenaut: yea but in later storys I.E. reign of doomsday they say that he died so i guess DC sayed yea its dumb we know ok he did die.

and there was also the story where Pa Kent has the heart attack and meets up with Clark in the afterlife and convinces him not to go with the demon things

#5 Posted by ssejllenrad (12780 posts) - - Show Bio

@Z3RO180 said:

Him dying makes more sense. Also, back in Infinite Crisis, towards the end, they said that Doomsday killed Superman. Just before the 2 Supermen beat his a*s off.

#6 Posted by Z3RO180 (5943 posts) - - Show Bio

@danhimself: wait what ?

#7 Posted by danhimself (21904 posts) - - Show Bio

@Z3RO180: it was during the whole Death and Return of Superman story arc after Superman had died and right after the Kents had heard the news Pa had a heart attack and while he was unconscious and close to death he met up with Superman in the afterlife where some demons disguised as Kryptonian priests were trying to convince him to go with them but Pa convinced him not to and Superman sent him through a portal or something back to his body and he woke up

#8 Posted by joshmightbe (24101 posts) - - Show Bio

I believe that the final word on the subject was that he did actually die but his physiology when reacting to yellow sun light basically makes it so the rules of death are different for kryptonians. Think Highlander, the immortals do technically die when a fatal injury occurs they just come back. Superman just required a bit more of a push.

#9 Posted by Crash_Recovery (850 posts) - - Show Bio

I think it's a bit hard to quantify what death is for a yellow-sun powered Kryptonian at this point.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.