Follow

Superman

Character » Superman appears in 18886 issues.

Sent to Earth as an infant from the dying planet Krypton, Kal-El was adopted by the loving Kent family and raised in America's heartland as Clark Kent. Using his immense solar-fueled powers, he became Superman to defend mankind against all manner of threats while championing truth, justice, and the American way!

His relationship with superboy

SuperKon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

How will his relationship with Superboy progress will superboy be sickened like superbOy said will he be happy to see him alive. An also will they become family I don't mean as father and son I mean they should be siblings will superboy also inherit the superman name?

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 7

#2  Edited By Squalleon

Pre-52, Father and son. And sometimes brothers.

New-52, a mess.

UltimateSMfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By UltimateSMfan

New-52, a mess.

This.

God i loved pre-52 Connor sooo much, was turning into my favourite character especially with all the progress towards the end with boy of steel and his own series and the potential......#$%&!*) new 52 :( and Lobdell....Smh.

stephens2177

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The post flashpoint kon is like no other kon before,and he should be treated as such IMO.he has DNA from two universes (Jon's and Lois and Clark's),plus a unknown 10% that could be another universes or brainiacs who knows.he should be treated as the "multiverse" superboy and not just this universe superboy,they should make a new kon just for this universe,that's more human,has more personality,can have fun,and doesn't have the emo stuff or the alien stuff bringing the character down.

Superman would have a weird relationship with the kon we have now,and more a older brother one with any new kon they created.

Avatar image for heavenlydarkdragon
    HeavenlyDarkDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Before Flashpoint, they had a older/younger brother relationship.

Superboy aka Kon-El aka Connor Kent, looked up to Superman, he wanted nothing more than to make him proud. That's why when he discovered half his dna belonged to Luthor, he made all in his power so Superman didn't find out. Yes, he feared that Lex genes would somehow taint him, but more than that he was afraid that it would happen to him what happened to Power Girl aka Kara Zor-L (not to be confused with Kara Zor-El, Superman real cousin).

At first Superman was so thrilled and happy he was not alone, he accepted Kara into his life only so later he found out she was not kryptonian. Or at least she didn't seemed to be. And her memory flaws also didn't help and then DC went all over the place with her. It was a mess.

And Superboy didn't want to be pushed aside from Superman life. But in the end they worked through it and continue on like brothers.

In the New 52, their relationship was and is terrible. Neither one of them wants anything to do with each other. Like Kara was the first one to meet Superboy, and she was the one that named him Kon, and later she goes to Superman tells him she met a clone of his and he doesn't do a thing. He doesn't search for the kid, if it wasn't for H'El they might have never met.

So, yeah. It's a terrible relationship. The New 52 really screwed up the Super family. Kara was so rebelious that she became anoying and irritating. While Kon, because he had been programed by Harvest with special keywords that took his will away and would made him fight anyone, especially Superman, because the subconscious program put him facing and killing during his sleep, Kon never felt completely at ease with Kal. And he's kept his distance.

Superman that in the past had been the glue that bond that "family", in the New 52, he simply didn't care.

Which was/is one of the things that DC has completely ruined and just for that alone I would almost call for a vote to reboot the DCU once again.

I just hope that in the near future DC gets its act together and reunites that awesome family once again. It hasn't yet arrived to the point where a reboot is absolutely needed but if changes aren't made soon, like in the first 4 to 5 months of 2016, then they might as well reboot the DCU and start fresh.

Avatar image for supermanfan1234
    supermanfan1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

New-52, a mess.

SuperKon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

But didn't they get well along and kinda bonded in H'ell on earth

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 7

@superkon said:

But didn't they get well along and kinda bonded in H'ell on earth

Sure they did....and then Kon disappeared from Superman's mind until he died. With Superman barely caring for his death, not mourning him or even think about his death again.

SuperKon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@squalleon: LOL, but still I think they still have a chance to meet again and make an awesome family relationship

stephens2177

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think it's more a editorial thing,where they don't want them to just hang out or be around each other much,for silly reasons IMO,but not a character trait,more a decision behind the scenes,which is the wrong decision for sure for me

SuperKon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well I think the writers should stop smoking that kryptonite crack and star make their relationship good. WHO'S WITH ME

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.