Follow

Superman

Character » Superman appears in 18941 issues.

Sent to Earth as an infant from the dying planet Krypton, Kal-El was adopted by the loving Kent family and raised in America's heartland as Clark Kent. Using his immense solar-fueled powers, he became Superman to defend mankind against all manner of threats while championing truth, justice, and the American way!

henry cavills voice

Avatar image for supermanfan1234
    supermanfan1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By supermanfan1234

what do yoiu guys think of henry cavills superman voice?

Supes1903

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Supes1903

Where has this been displayed? The only voice sample I can think of for him would be from the Tudors, the trailers have yet to have him speaking any lines as Clark or Supes.

SandMan_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By SandMan_

He kinda sounded like Batman.

Avatar image for deranged_midget
    Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 4

#5  Edited By Deranged Midget

He has a perfectly normal American accent:

CrimsonCake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By CrimsonCake

Hopefully he will be audible.

Vaeternus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Vaeternus

I agree, he sounds like Batman lol in that trailer just slightly less raspy.

Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Deranged Midget

@Vaeternus: I fail to see how he sounds like Batman, and from what I remember in the Comic-Con footage, his voice sounds very commanding and strong. Cavill seems to have a very powerful screen presence.

Vaeternus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Vaeternus

@Deranged Midget said:

@Vaeternus: I fail to see how he sounds like Batman, and from what I remember in the Comic-Con footage, his voice sounds very commanding and strong. Cavill seems to have a very powerful screen presence.

Not just LIKE Batman, just rougher then Reeves...Reeve's was sturn, confident too etc but Cavill's seems more "whispery"

I'm looking forward to it.

Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Deranged Midget

@Vaeternus: Fair enough, but Cavill is British, his American accent is flawless.

supermanfan1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By supermanfan1234

@Vaeternus said:

@Deranged Midget said:

Not just LIKE Batman, just rougher then Reeves...Reeve's was sturn, confident too etc but Cavill's seems more "whispery"

I'm looking forward to it.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a4e0e8ea3dfb
    deactivated-5a4e0e8ea3dfb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Vaeternus: I think you're confusing two points in the trailer. In his first line of dialog his voice is definitely deeper and a bit raspy, but that's because you have to consider the context of the line. Its clearly an emotional point when he's talking about how he just wants to know who he is, so its more like his voice is a bit strained because of those emotions. Like being choked up when you are sad or upset. In his later lines of dialog, when he talks about Jonathan Kent believing the world wasn't ready for him and would be afraid of him, the rasp is gone and his tone is even and strong, maybe slightly deeper than Reeve's but not by much that you would think they were trying to copy Batman's voice (as bad as it was in the last two films) for Superman.

htb106

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#13  Edited By htb106

Haven't seen the comic-con trailer yet, is it online legally or filmed with a mobile?

Vaeternus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Vaeternus

@ltbrd, actually I was referring to the way he speaks. His style. When Reeve had darker moments his voice wasn't really "raspy"

I never said it was exactly like Batman's voice but similar/like it, since he's whispering in that scene. Obviously, I don't expect Superman to sound like Batman or whispery the entire film. Was just saying it's rougher and more harsher sounding then Reeve's

supermanfan1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By supermanfan1234

@htb106: filmed with mobile but it supposed to be legally released with the hobbit

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.