H'el and his possible ties

Posted by knightofthechronicle (686 posts) - - Show Bio

Ever since I knew about the new Superman Storyline "H'el on Earth", something immediately clicked with me that I don't think a lot of people saw, the only thing I did see people take notice of was how H'el's name sounded like "hell" and how they thought that was a little bit redundant. I never was able to start off from the bat and say what I thought, but now I can.

Now then, H'el, H'el, H'.......EL!!! Thank you, I just really had to get that off of my chest

#1 Posted by Oluf_Von_Host_Museum (84678 posts) - - Show Bio

I still think he'll end up being the New 52 alteration of Bizzaro (even though they've publicly stated he isnt :P)

#2 Posted by danhimself (22492 posts) - - Show Bio

there is a strong possibility that one of Superman's ancestors had ties to the cloning project on Krypton

#3 Posted by Eternal19 (2076 posts) - - Show Bio

the name is still pretty dumb. I think that he was going to have something to do with the Eradicator since they kept mentioning him in the 0 issue

#4 Posted by supermanfan1234 (206 posts) - - Show Bio

somthing to do with the eradicators and el family

#5 Posted by Durakken (1593 posts) - - Show Bio

Wow... you're a regular Sherlock, Would you like the Mr. Obvious prize now?

#6 Posted by Durakken (1593 posts) - - Show Bio

@danhimself said:

there is a strong possibility that one of Superman's ancestors had ties to the cloning project on Krypton

The House of El is responsible for just about everything we know about on Krypton. They were a royal family at one time... which kinda goes against the whole genius thing... and they ended the Clone War thing on Krypton... probably started it to. They also created the eradicator... probably designed the first space ships and such...and they were the ones to ultimately break from the Eradicator stopping Kryptonians from leaving Krypton.... Oh yeah they also created BRAINIAC in some incarnations.

#7 Edited by mpierce2690 (316 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm pretty sure H'el is what Scott Lobdell was talking about when he said something to the effect of, "We re-imagined a character in this really awesome way, but at what point does it stop being a re-imagined version of a character and become a completely new character instead?"

I believe he was supposed to be Bizarro, but became a character in his own right. Now I'm betting that he has to do with the whole clone thing that got brought up in great lengths during the Superboy #0 issue.

#8 Posted by SandMan_ (4528 posts) - - Show Bio
@danhimself said:

MR.MAJESTIC????

Just kidding.
#9 Posted by krspaceT (1473 posts) - - Show Bio

For all we know H'el might be alexander Luthor so we'll just wait and see

#10 Posted by cloudzackvincent (1028 posts) - - Show Bio

@knightofthechronicle: i think it was fairly obvious

#11 Posted by knightofthechronicle (686 posts) - - Show Bio

Thanks for all of the feed back guys, I know I didn't sound all that appealing in this post but that idea I had was just jumping around in my head like a jack rabbit, I had to get it out.

Stick around, I have more coming up.

#12 Posted by knightofthechronicle (686 posts) - - Show Bio

@Durakken: Thanks, I was going more for Sherlock and not Mr. Obvious, but I'll except the prize either way. Let's already get this out of the way, I'm a smart Alec. :-\

#13 Posted by MisterKetch (253 posts) - - Show Bio

I took me longer then i care to admit to reognize the "el' in H'el.

I don't think he's a clone though given Kara's rather loud anti-clone stance and the fact that she joins with him, though I guess it being discovered he's a clone would stop that.

#14 Posted by ssejllenrad (12847 posts) - - Show Bio

@SandMan_ said:

@danhimself said:

MR.MAJESTIC???? Just kidding.

MAKE IT REEEEEEEAAAAALLLLL!!!! Very unlikely, yes... But damn I wish he was Majestros!

#15 Posted by drgnx (3562 posts) - - Show Bio

If anything, I think he was supposed to be the eradicator or possibly a revamped "Match", I'm still waiting for the first superboy clone to show up...

#16 Posted by Durakken (1593 posts) - - Show Bio

I want a Hamburger-El!

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.