Has Superman ever destroyed a universe?

#1 Edited by st0nnec0ld (25 posts) - - Show Bio

Lately, I've been hearing(more like reading) someone say that. He/She said that Superman destroyed a universe when his "limiters" were removed. Is this true?

I don't have any way of asking him/her, that is why I'm asking this here. If he did destroy a universe, which version of him was it?

#2 Posted by MB25 (337 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes -- Silver age supes did it with a sneeze...

#3 Posted by st0nnec0ld (25 posts) - - Show Bio

@MB25: That was a solar system -_-

#4 Posted by MB25 (337 posts) - - Show Bio

@st0nnec0ld: oops i guess ur right...

how about this? does this count?

#5 Posted by st0nnec0ld (25 posts) - - Show Bio

@MB25: ..... I didn't get what happened there o_O Did he destroy a universe there...?

#6 Posted by BiteMe-Fanboy (8048 posts) - - Show Bio

Wouldn't destroying the universe just end everything?

#7 Posted by st0nnec0ld (25 posts) - - Show Bio

@BiteMe-Fanboy: So... he didn't destroy a universe?

#8 Posted by BiteMe-Fanboy (8048 posts) - - Show Bio

@st0nnec0ld said:

@BiteMe-Fanboy: So... he didn't destroy a universe?

I'm not a Superman expert, but I'm going to say no.

#9 Posted by Supreme Marvel (11268 posts) - - Show Bio

Why would he destroy a universe? He's not a Marvel character. He protects, not destroys.

#10 Posted by MB25 (337 posts) - - Show Bio

@BiteMe-Fanboy: This is true

@st0nnec0ld: if you wanna get real technical the universe is something incalculable, its something that's not a physical object The Universe is commonly defined as the totality of existence, including planets, stars, galaxies, the contents of intergalactic space, and all matter and energy but according to the specter he came pretty damn close until he stopped him...soooo i guess to anser your op...no i dont think superman has ever destroyed the universe...

#11 Posted by MB25 (337 posts) - - Show Bio

@Supreme Marvel: QFT

#12 Posted by ComicStooge (13763 posts) - - Show Bio

@Supreme Marvel said:

Why would he destroy a universe? He's not a Marvel character. He protects, not destroys.

This.

#13 Posted by HeroFromKrypton (25 posts) - - Show Bio

@MB25 said:

@st0nnec0ld: oops i guess ur right...

how about this? does this count?

He's using his super speed to break through the barriers of time and space to travel to other times and dimension. He's not destroying anything. It's like breaking the sound barrier doesn't mean you're destroying sound.

#14 Posted by jobbernos (1420 posts) - - Show Bio

if his sneezing can destroy a solar system, then if he really wanted to destroy a galaxy or the universe, he probably can.

#15 Posted by SandMan_ (4528 posts) - - Show Bio

No

#16 Posted by sethysquare (3843 posts) - - Show Bio

@MB25 said:

@BiteMe-Fanboy: This is true

@st0nnec0ld: if you wanna get real technical the universe is something incalculable, its something that's not a physical object The Universe is commonly defined as the totality of existence, including planets, stars, galaxies, the contents of intergalactic space, and all matter and energy but according to the specter he came pretty damn close until he stopped him...soooo i guess to anser your op...no i dont think superman has ever destroyed the universe...

i wish we could go back to a time where superman would do anything to protect kara.

it seems like kara is being an angsty girl right now.

#17 Posted by st0nnec0ld (25 posts) - - Show Bio

@jobbernos: A solar system is tiny compared to a galaxy.

#18 Posted by Jigen879 (513 posts) - - Show Bio

but he doesn't destroy a universe maybe a solar system ?

#19 Edited by Minaruto (49 posts) - - Show Bio

Does Superman Prime ripping Monarch apart destroying that universe count?

#20 Posted by Jonez120 (5005 posts) - - Show Bio

No

#21 Edited by kilowog52 (566 posts) - - Show Bio

How could a universe be destroyed. Wiped from existence? Yes. (But Superman couldn't do that.) Destroyed? No.

Edit: Most solid objects in a universe could be destroyed. But a universe itself?

#22 Posted by Night4345 (5545 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman lacks a energy attack to cause mass damage like that.

#23 Posted by TJSH96 (875 posts) - - Show Bio

Rofl, no.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.