Happy Birthday Superman!

#1 Edited by Press Oblivion (1643 posts) - - Show Bio

According to this article posted on Bleeding Cool, today is very likely Superman's Birthday!

While the cover clearly states a date of JUNE, 1938, the article goes into greater detail about why April might be a more appropriate month to honor the birth of the Superhero.

@Bleeding Cool said:

What’s the deal? The cover says June 1938, right? Well, yes, but that was an indication for newsdealers as to when unsold copies of the publication were to be removed from the newsstands. The comic arrived at newsstands prior to that. A monthly publication might arrive on the newsstand roughly a month before its cover date. A debut issue might arrive even earlier to attempt to give it a slightly longer sales window.

Superman means a lot of different things to a lot of different people and after 75 years, he's still a polarizing character who represents the best of us in theme and conscience as well as the foundation for a whole genre of entertainment.

Happy Birthday Superman!

#2 Posted by Akindoodle (1021 posts) - - Show Bio

Happy Birthday Supes!

#3 Posted by Lvenger (20254 posts) - - Show Bio

Happy Birthday to my favourite superhero and a shining example of how good humanity can be! Here's to 75 more years of Superman fighting for truth and justice!

#4 Posted by Deranged Midget (17599 posts) - - Show Bio

A very Happy Birthday indeed! And hopefully to many more successful years and popularity growth with the upcoming film! :D

#5 Edited by TheAcidSkull (18032 posts) - - Show Bio

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

#6 Posted by BeautifulTemptress (238 posts) - - Show Bio

Happy 75th to Superman and Lois Lane!!!

#7 Edited by Black_Claw (2997 posts) - - Show Bio

Happy 75th Superman! Helps that your in an awesome video game (Injustice) and have a new movie coming out to celebrate!

#8 Posted by SmashBrawler (5823 posts) - - Show Bio

What can I say, Happy Birthday to one of the first and most definitely one of the greatest superheroes ever.

#9 Edited by UltimateSMfan (1421 posts) - - Show Bio

Happy Birthday to the greatest idea we've had as a species!! and one that keeps us looking up!

#10 Posted by Z3RO180 (6592 posts) - - Show Bio

Happy Birthday Superman. You where my favourite childhood hero and still are :)

#11 Posted by toptom (1181 posts) - - Show Bio

happy birthday to my favourite character of all time,to the daddy of all the super-heroes!

#12 Posted by BlackReaper (595 posts) - - Show Bio

Happy birthday, Superman!! I love you!

#13 Posted by guttridgeb (4832 posts) - - Show Bio

Happy birthday Supes!

#14 Posted by blur99 (373 posts) - - Show Bio

Great, great super hero.

#15 Posted by GundamHeavyarms (701 posts) - - Show Bio

Happy Birthday Superman. May your cape never wrinkle.

#16 Posted by deaditegonzo (3686 posts) - - Show Bio

Happy Birthday to us Supes, as we apparently share the greatest Bday EVER 04/18.

#17 Posted by The_Lunact_And_Manic (3286 posts) - - Show Bio

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.