GREAT SCOTT! CHRISTOPHER REEVE EASTER EGG IN THE MAN OF STEEL

#1 Edited by MB25 (335 posts) - - Show Bio

There's been mention that a classic Supermanmovie actor will be appearing in Zack Snyder's new Man of Steel movie. There's been one guess already, that AnnetteO'Toole has a voice-over in the latest trailer, but she may or may not be the only one as it could also be -- Christopher Reeve.The super sleuths over at SupermanJaviOlivares.com (viaSupermanHomePage) have spotted what looks to be the Superman III Christopher Reeve Clark Kent (right) in a Man Of Steel set video.

In the following video, we see an extra on the street in the exact same suit, wearing the same hat and carrying the same briefcase (see left).

They theorize this could give Henry Cavill's Clark Kent the idea to use the glasses.

We did see Cavill don the glasses in an elevator seen, but we've also heard Snyder seem to suggest that he won't be using them and that he's keeping it real. So perhaps not?

More than likely it's just an Easter Egg.

Still, super cool.

Source: http://movies.cosmicbooknews.com/content/great-scott-christopher-reeve-easter-egg-man-steel-video

#2 Posted by TheCannon (18800 posts) - - Show Bio

Um... what?

#3 Posted by FatihBATMAN (1389 posts) - - Show Bio

great find :P

#4 Posted by Urban_Ronin (9935 posts) - - Show Bio

You shouldnt put the "spoiler" in the title of the thread.

#5 Posted by MB25 (335 posts) - - Show Bio

@FatihBATMAN: Thanks!

@Quintus_Knightfall: I know ..if i could edit the title i wouldve...a thousand apologies

#6 Posted by End_Boss (738 posts) - - Show Bio

Is someone going to tell him?

I'm not going to tell him.

#7 Posted by AllStarSuperman (21880 posts) - - Show Bio

somebody has to say it?

#8 Posted by BiteMe-Fanboy (7870 posts) - - Show Bio

You do realize that Christopher Reeves passed a way a few years ago?

#9 Posted by MB25 (335 posts) - - Show Bio

LOL! You all thought it was literally going to be Christopher ReevesI How about you all read the article again and get back to me. There are many many ways to get "Christopher Reeves" into Man of Steel as an easter egg. Just like how they got Marlon Brando in Superman Returns.

Please, think before you type

"You do realize that Christopher Reeves passed a way a few years ago?" - BiteMe-Fanboy

Thats the best thing ive read in a long time

#10 Posted by HerbertWest (12 posts) - - Show Bio

This would be cool.

#11 Posted by BiteMe-Fanboy (7870 posts) - - Show Bio

@MB25 said:

LOL! You all thought it was literally going to be Christopher ReevesI How about you all read the article again and get back to me. There are many many ways to get "Christopher Reeves" into Man of Steel as an easter egg. Just like how they got Marlon Brando in Superman Returns.

Please, think before you type

"You do realize that Christopher Reeves passed a way a few years ago?" - BiteMe-Fanboy

Thats the best thing ive read in a long time

Suuuuure you knew Chistopher Reeves wasn't alive...

#12 Posted by Z3RO180 (6563 posts) - - Show Bio

Can we please stop posting these behind the seance videos from movies. I mean proberly half the second thor movie has been posted up on the thor boarded and I really don't want the same this to happen on here as we'll with MoS

#13 Posted by MissTeeFy (1 posts) - - Show Bio

I saw MOS twice yesterday and during a flying sequence kinda near the end, the cam is in Supermans face and I swear I suddenly thought OMG its Christopher Reeve! I thought maybe it was a fluke and my imagination had gone loopy but it happened the second time too. It was a split second thing. Is it possible that it was real?

#14 Posted by SmashBrawler (5747 posts) - - Show Bio

@missteefy said:

I saw MOS twice yesterday and during a flying sequence kinda near the end, the cam is in Supermans face and I swear I suddenly thought OMG its Christopher Reeve! I thought maybe it was a fluke and my imagination had gone loopy but it happened the second time too. It was a split second thing. Is it possible that it was real?

I saw that too. It's when he's struggling against the world engine's beam, right? Yeah, that was totally a Christopher Reeve homage.

#15 Posted by 3dmetal (1 posts) - - Show Bio

@smashbrawler:

Yep, you saw his face. Right when he was flying up the blue beam from the world starter machine in India. His face morphed into Christopher Reeve's for a second. I saw it to, no way they put all the other superman details in this film and left out Reeve.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.