Follow

Superman

Character » Superman appears in 18939 issues.

Sent to Earth as an infant from the dying planet Krypton, Kal-El was adopted by the loving Kent family and raised in America's heartland as Clark Kent. Using his immense solar-fueled powers, he became Superman to defend mankind against all manner of threats while championing truth, justice, and the American way!

GO GET ACTION COMICS# 32!

• 60 results
    Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

If you want to blame anyone for low Action Comics sales, blame Morrison's run ending. Even his last issue, which people thought was sizzling out as a story, still topped out at 61,879 est sales in March 2013. This is a stark 9,000 unit difference from Diggle's run which only reached 52,007 sales. Then it all went to hell during Lobdell's awful run which dropped below 50,000 sales from April 2013 onwards. This is why Action Comics is selling so low, because the big name writer ended his run and the other writerss were not up to creative scratch to match those sales.

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 7

@lvenger: Actually I would probably blame the DC/Diggle fiasco. AC got all that negative advertisement after that event. And DC's lack of promotion for the new team (plus the well deserved negative view on Superman titles the couple last years) and Lobdell's issues only made it worse.

Green Lantern although not up to Johns standards fairs pretty well, even though some fans feel dissapointed, DC actually promoted the new team and the title.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@squalleon: Hmm fair point, Diggle's departure must have put a negative slander on Action Comics' reputation. Nothing that bad had happened with any of the other Superman titles so I guess that must be why sales went into a massive slump.

Avatar image for pperspectiveandreality
    Pperspectiveandreality

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

@lvenger said:

If you want to blame anyone for low Action Comics sales, blame Morrison's run ending. Even his last issue, which people thought was sizzling out as a story, still topped out at 61,879 est sales in March 2013. This is a stark 9,000 unit difference from Diggle's run which only reached 52,007 sales. Then it all went to hell during Lobdell's awful run which dropped below 50,000 sales from April 2013 onwards. This is why Action Comics is selling so low, because the big name writer ended his run and the other writerss were not up to creative scratch to match those sales.

Diggle is far less known than Morrison but his first issue, the only one he actually wrote, was one of, if not the, best issues of Superman since the new 52. It had THE best Lex in the new 52, amazing characterizations of Clark and Lois and what seemed to be a promising story to tell. Pak's run is also quite good but again, he has a long way to go before we acclaim himwith the Waids and Morriosons and Caseys of the world. I look forward to Pak telling his own, Action Comics contained, story about one of Superman's rogues like (hopefully) Brainiac. Also I hope Pak writes a Superman story that features Superman as the ONLY hero.

Bsaa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I hope we get Byrne Metallo, Metal Zero's design sucks male organs.

VanderSEXXX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger said:

@z3ro180: We'll have to differ on Superman/Wonder Woman being a book of stable quality I'm afraid :P

It is a book of stable quality. Now what kind of quality is another story :-P

@vandersexxx said:

Interesting as I've been looking for another Superman title aside from Superman Unchained to add to my pull list.

The first arc of Pak's Ac was very good but now AC is stuck in an awful event made only to undo Lobdell's work. I think it would be easier for you to start with Superman 32 (coming out this month) because it has a new creative team, taking a new direction with Superman. And is written by Geoff Johns, who has a pretty good history with Superman. A preview is already given.

Well yeah Geoff Johns was indeed a good writer for Superman, but Romita Jr........ :-(

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 7

@vandersexxx: Have you seen the preview? Personally I didn't find it that bad.

VanderSEXXX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vandersexxx: Have you seen the preview? Personally I didn't find it that bad.

Yeah, its on the pages of Futures End. The writing is no doubt good but.... JRJR...........lolz, might wait for the TPB if ever.

zeejaybay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pperspectiveandreality: Whilst I wouldn't say Diggle's one issue was the best New 52 Superman issue, I do agree it was really good. Definitely the beginning of something good if Diggle had been allowed to continue working on DC unabated or without editorial influence. His story is marred by how Daniels interpreted it in the end so we don't know how Diggle would have finished that story given how poorly Daniels wrote the last 2 issues.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.