Geoff Johns' Smallville Episodes Combined Into Movie 'Event'

Posted by G-Man (29425 posts) - - Show Bio

Ever since it was announced at San Diego Comic-Con that Geoff Johns was returning to write two episodes of Smallville, we've all been eagerly waiting.  According to Michael Ausiello at EW, those two episodes, "Society" and "Legends" will not be airing separately.  The CW is planning on packaging the Justice Society episodes as a two-hour movie event on January 29.  The episodes are set to feature Hawkman, Stargirl and Dr. Fate.

The CW execs felt they could "get more mileage out of combining them."  That does make some sense.  It feels a little gimmicky but by pumping this up as an "event," they're more likely to attract more viewers.  I'm sure we can expect to see some major promos for it as it approaches.  There's also the option of releasing this on DVD or Blu-ray the week after it airs (like FOX recently did with the two-hour event for 24 last November).

Do you like the idea of a Smallville 'event'?  Are you looking forward to Geoff Johns' two episodes?
Staff
#1 Posted by comicbufftoughstuff (25 posts) - - Show Bio

sounds good to me. I'm looking forward to it.

#2 Posted by aztek_the_lost (30740 posts) - - Show Bio

I always like the idea of bringing in characters from the DC universe, seeing how they translate into live action so I would love to see this...but to be honest I still haven't started watching Season 9...I own all the first eight seasons but I need to watch Season 8 first to refresh my memory on what's going on...it's all so different now

#3 Posted by NightFang (9647 posts) - - Show Bio

Awesome!

#4 Posted by PrinceIMC (5421 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd heard about Stargirl and Hawkman but somehow I missed announcement that Dr. Fate was gonna be on Smallville. This'll be good.

#5 Posted by DEGRAAF (7811 posts) - - Show Bio

im for it. Maybe it would push more people that see it to want Tom Welling as Superman in the movies
#6 Posted by danhimself (21904 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't have a problem with this

#7 Posted by TicketyTock (30 posts) - - Show Bio

Johns is a mad man! A MAD MAN I SAY! but also a genius.

#8 Posted by King Saturn (222811 posts) - - Show Bio
Hell Yes... now that would be awesome  ! 

#9 Posted by Obsurity (263 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm watching it. Considering how this series has been another attempt on a justice league would be interesting
#10 Edited by Archetype (731 posts) - - Show Bio

Great! This is all the Smallville I was going to watch anyway and now they bundled it all up in one easy to watch package.I know Micheal Shanks is Hawkman but does anyone know the actors for Stargirl and Dr. Fate?

Edit
Their names are Brittney Irvin (Stargirl) and Brent Stait (Dr. Fate)

#11 Posted by Owen_Porter (83284 posts) - - Show Bio

I think its badass that they are going to roll out two straight hours of the most highly anticipated Smallville episodes to come out of the last couple seasons. Cant wait.

#12 Posted by lakilakester (72 posts) - - Show Bio

can i be in it

#13 Posted by TheMess1428 (2176 posts) - - Show Bio

Can't wait to see it. Wish they had Alan Scott instead of Doctor Fate though.
#14 Posted by The Hottness (4226 posts) - - Show Bio

im going to watch this.....
#15 Posted by sora_thekey (8107 posts) - - Show Bio

If they do more of these... maybe they can do a 2-hour event where Clark goes with the Legion to the future!

#16 Posted by DEGRAAF (7811 posts) - - Show Bio

yea i think i would like to see more of these. the two episode story arcs are how they used to do most of the cartoons and have one big story arc bhind the whole thing
#17 Posted by RedK (2521 posts) - - Show Bio

YES its going to be aawwwwweesome

#18 Posted by dc-kid21 (154 posts) - - Show Bio

yay

#19 Posted by TheBug (1111 posts) - - Show Bio

All I can say is...I damn better see wings.

#20 Posted by pentagram (312 posts) - - Show Bio

i cant wait

#21 Posted by Media_Master (2189 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm looking forward to seeing it!!

#22 Posted by Bruce Vain (1869 posts) - - Show Bio

Hell yeah I like the idea of a Smallville event. It seems like Smallville is the only DC live media where we are getting are other favorite heroes that we probably won't see on the big screen like Zatanna or Hawkman. So yes to this :)
#23 Posted by ChromeFamily (44 posts) - - Show Bio
@TheBug said:
"

All I can say is...I damn better see wings.

"

Already confirmed to be there
#24 Posted by UnsolvedParadox (262 posts) - - Show Bio

I feel a lot better about a possible season 10 now! And Allison Mack looks awesome in that picture.

#25 Posted by konshu101 (58 posts) - - Show Bio

Geoff Johns? I'm in.
#26 Edited by MKF30 (11635 posts) - - Show Bio

Interesting about the 2 hour event thing, Hawkman, Stargirl and Fate I knew about a month ago and posted about it in the Smallville thread ^ so I think this will be cool :)

#27 Posted by crazywolf (653 posts) - - Show Bio

Seems like it'll be cool. Not a regular viewer of Smallville though. Watch it online when it's available or whenever.

#28 Posted by hpwaz (206 posts) - - Show Bio

Just saw the trailer for this episode. You can see Dr. Fate, Sandman, and a green ring shaped like a lantern on someones finger (who could that be?)!

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.