Follow

Superman

Character » Superman appears in 18942 issues.

Sent to Earth as an infant from the dying planet Krypton, Kal-El was adopted by the loving Kent family and raised in America's heartland as Clark Kent. Using his immense solar-fueled powers, he became Superman to defend mankind against all manner of threats while championing truth, justice, and the American way!

General Zod Is Coming To Smallville

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

Edited By gmanfromheck
    No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

First we heard that Brian Austin Green is playing Metallo next season and now General Zod has been cast.  Callum Blue will be a regular cast member playing Clark's future nemesis according to the Hollywood Reporter on the ninth season of Smallville .  Blue is best known for his roles in The Tudors and Dead Like Me .

With Zod being an ongoing character, it makes you wonder where the show is going in the ninth season.  One of the problems I have with the show is that certain elements have been introduced before the guise of Superman has even been created.  I understand that certain liberties have to be taken in this TV adaption of the Man of Steel's life.  I'm just not sure if some of them are for the best. 

How long can Clark be running around trying to solve problems without having an alternate identity?  Do you think that adding a character like Zod will help out the show or push it further away from what it should?  I feel they should try to let go of the "no flight, no tights" rule and finally make this a show about Superman .  We're on the ninth season already.  It's time for Clark to become a (Super)man don't you think?

johnny_spam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By johnny_spam

Show sucks should have ended when Clark finished school best episode they ever had was the one written by Geoff Johns. Adding Zod to the show won't help anything.

LastSon1027

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By LastSon1027

I couldn't agree more G-Man. But even with all it's flaws I feel it is a great show and would watch it as long as it is on the air.

TheBug

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By TheBug

This show can't be saved.

xerox_kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 22

#4  Edited By xerox_kitty

Seriously, he's too young & cute to be Zod.  First Doomsday, now Zod.  Either they should stop calling it Smallville & re-brand it as Superman, or just call it a day. 

deactivated-579fe0ae58107

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 304

User Lists: 27

I hate it! - but I have to agree the first couple of seasons in high school were the best. The show really jumped the shark when he graduated and then - floundered. He really is a dumb@$$ now for not even going to college. Is he even in community college? I don't think so. So how does he go on to be this great major metropolitan newspaper reporter with a high school education? Michael McKean comes back and fudges things a little for him? That might work. This show is so not about Smallville or even Superboy "continuity". These are Superman stories were into. It's time he (Super)manned up and got focused. As a Batman fan, I can see why Bruce would tend to look down on him - undisciplined and unfocused. Relying to much on his invulnerability, other powers and naive. Grrrrrrr! Maybe toward the end of the series run they could adapt JLA: The Nail. And Batman could force him to found the Justice League. Or maybe they could adapt the Brave and the Bold issue that formed the JLA. Then re-launch the movie series - even Batman...  

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#6  Edited By The_Ghostshell

I still like this show. And Clark kind of already has an alternate identity, The Red & Blue Blur"

Constantine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#7  Edited By Constantine
    @Gambler said:
    " I still like this show. And Clark kind of already has an alternate identity, The Red & Blue Blur" "
    he is R'n'B
    Avatar image for eisforextinction
    EisforExtinction

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 68

User Lists: 6

#8  Edited By EisforExtinction

Smallville is for ladies.

PrinceIMC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By PrinceIMC

It is time for him to put on the tights, start flying and being called Superman. I was thinking about what other JLAers it is time to see. Batman has been held off because he has his own film franchise, but if its true that Christian Bale and Christopher Nolan might not be returning maybe its time for Batman to appear on Smallville.

The other people I'd like to see added to Ollie's Justice League is either Hawkman or Hawkgirl, Plastic Man and maybe Vixen (Since she's become much more popular since the JLU animated series and her powers would be easy to portray on Smallville.)

Avatar image for incredible_hulk_prime
    Incredible Hulk-Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

I love this show.It is really famous.I think in the final episodes of this season we might see the big ugly dstroying man himself,Darkseid. I heard that Davis(The guy who transformed in to Doomsday)is going to return,but not Doomsday. Such Davis. They have to do a ninth season,because they had put a cliffhanger at the final episode of season 8. I agree he should such become Superman. The Red and Blue Burr is such a name he came up with. Afther all every hero as multiple names any other words he calls himself The Red ond Blue Burr until he comes up with a good super hero name.

sora_thekey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 8

#11  Edited By sora_thekey

I think it's a good thing to have zod... well at least physically there... but I think the name should be changed from Smallville to Superman or Clark kent, or even Metropolis!

And the whole No flight no tights is getting overrated why not just give him a costume... dosen't have to be tights!

DEGRAAF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By DEGRAAF
    @sora_thekey said:
    "I think it's a good thing to have zod... well at least physically there... but I think the name should be changed from Smallville to Superman or Clark kent, or even Metropolis!And the whole No flight no tights is getting overrated why not just give him a costume... dosen't have to be tights!"

i agree i think this season someone needs to come back and finally teach him what it takes to fly. I loved kara in the show but i dont think she should have learn how to fly so quickly if she needed clarks help to learn or train her how to use all her other powers.

they already did come up with a costume, the red shirt and blue jeans and jacket. they should have Olli and the gang create a costume for him next time they are in the show. say they made one for him so they looked like more of a team
    SUNMAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#13  Edited By SUNMAN

how did this show get past 4 seasons?

DEGRAAF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By DEGRAAF

it was fueled by pure awesomeness thats how !!!!

RedK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By RedK

about olli and his crew a having cool suits that are different from their normal ones i'd like to see clark in some thing as well

No Caption Provided
    maybe something like this other then that i'm stil watching this a few issues with continuity but its still a good show

this is not my picture
    found this on one of the art fourms can't remember who's it was
    DEGRAAF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By DEGRAAF
    @RedK said:
    No Caption Provided
    lol to metro for me but maybe a good starting place
    Tyler Starke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Tyler Starke

I haven't watched this show in years and years, does it even take place in smallville anymore

Avatar image for mysteriousblack
    MysteriousBlack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By MysteriousBlack

I love the Show, and the Inclusion of Doomsday in Season 8 (done excellently by Sam Witwer, more commonly known as Starkiller from The Force Unleashed :P) was perfect to me. Considering Clark's left Chloe's life permanently (it seems), he should probably be all dressed up in the Blue Spandex this season... they might have to rename the show though at this point.
    @Tyler Starke said:

" I haven't watched this show in years and years, does it even take place in smallville anymore "
    Not anymore. He's moved to Metropolis and works at the Daily Planet, with Lois... He runs (in a few seconds) to his farm there, like his house. I guess.
    The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By The_Ghostshell
    @Constantine said:
    " @Gambler said:
    " I still like this show. And Clark kind of already has an alternate identity, The Red & Blue Blur" "
    he is R'n'B "
    That's what I said o_O
    LP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By LP

Hey, I love that show,and Smallville was one of the greatest Superman shows ever as far as I'm concerned!! The ending was perfect (Doomsday vs. the Justice League).

In fact - I think the ending was absolutely soooo perfect, that it would be best to leave it there. No new season. I think a new season would stretch it too thin, seeing as someone would probably know who he is in another one of his missions, and then....

DEGRAAF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By DEGRAAF
    @MysteriousBlack said:
    "I love the Show, and the Inclusion of Doomsday in Season 8 (done excellently by Sam Witwer, more commonly known as Starkiller from The Force Unleashed :P) was perfect to me. Considering Clark's left Chloe's life permanently (it seems), he should probably be all dressed up in the Blue Spandex this season... they might have to rename the show though at this point.
    @Tyler Starke said:
    " I haven't watched this show in years and years, does it even take place in smallville anymore "
    Not anymore. He's moved to Metropolis and works at the Daily Planet, with Lois... He runs (in a few seconds) to his farm there, like his house. I guess."

hes not leaving chloes life is he i dont remember that part?
    NightFang3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#22  Edited By NightFang3

I couldn't agree more.

Media_Master

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Media_Master

Show ain't that bad

Vindellavon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#24  Edited By Vindellavon

Let the character deprecation begin. I mean really, it's not like they didn't totally destroy Doomsday, or even attempt to give Davis a good sendoff. *facepalm* I smell another epic failure.

ChromeFamily

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By ChromeFamily

How was he supposed to destroy Doomsday when he was meant to fight him in the future? he left Doomsday under a factory just like how Superman finds him later in the future when they do fight. LOL @ fan bois

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.