Follow

Superman

Character » Superman appears in 18942 issues.

Sent to Earth as an infant from the dying planet Krypton, Kal-El was adopted by the loving Kent family and raised in America's heartland as Clark Kent. Using his immense solar-fueled powers, he became Superman to defend mankind against all manner of threats while championing truth, justice, and the American way!

Gene Luen Yang & John Romita Jr Discuss Superman's Changes, Lois Lane's Involvement, and if the Status Quo Will Revert

• 82 results
    MoSsuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

A weak Superman and Romita on art? No thank you.

arthurkerr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52  Edited By arthurkerr

@darkman61288 said:
    @arthurkerr said:
    @veronicacris said:
    @arthurkerr said:

just wish the superman/wonder women stayed in its own world and no Lois what so ever.

I just wish superman/ww would end, so the lois bashing would end and WW could be aindependent character and date whoever she wants

its a book really they can write another story. She can date whom ever in that story that the writer wants her to date. In the superman/wonder women book it makes sense that they stay together. In the Lois/superman book well that would make sense to , in the justice League well they all date each other. I mean hell one great big family.

Plus it is a character in a comic. They do not get a choice.. far as I know. hmmm

Same with their personalities. You just bashed Lois on another thread when her doing this reveal thing is is the same.

no I did not bash her I simply said what I felt being a long time reader of Superman this is something I get to do since I paid money for the books. I even remember buying a comic once that showed superman getting together with wonder women and at the end they killed Diana and had Lois take her place. So if I want to say what I feel that is my choice I paid to do so. That was not a bash but a opinion we all have them the same with those whom feel the same way as us. I know allot of people eat steak well done as myself and some say keep the cow mooing and bring it to me so bloody it drips blood off my plate. I do not agree with the boody plate thing and we debate the whole how can you eat that and does it not remind you of the living cow? Had you read comics as long as myself you would see my point. A fresh idea is what I see in Wonder women and as we all know with characters it is not life you can have ten stories one where he dates Lana Lang for all I care even though Smallville killed that idea for me with the horrible way they did Lana. I did not bash a poster for that would be wrong. I simply stated my case as all posters should do. Nobody should be forced to eat a bloody steak or read about a couple they do not like. Maybe just maybe if we all want to be happy they should simply keep everybody alone in comics. Keep the whole world as a group of people not seeing anybody not dating all just a bunch of grumps making money and dying. That would be comical. The very root of the word comics.

The_Kidd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

A weak Superman and Romita on art? No thank you.

XavierMarz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

While I am enjoying the current truth storyline I hope we eventually get back to the red caped boy scout. One of my favorite things about reading Superman books is seeing how creators keep coming up with challenges for such a powerful character. I don't think I could handle a supes who barely looks like a challenge for say Luke Cage for more than a year. . .

The_Titan_Lord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

hmmmm..

ArticulateT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't mind that the secret identity is out, that might make for good writing if they can do that.

I just hope he gets his powers back.

arthurkerr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I do not think the world would care about whom he says he is or was they would understand the need for the whole I need a life thing. Most would just say thank you.

It is not like the mutants in Marvel where even peoples parents scream and toss you into the streets a bit over board I think and kind of kills the whole idea of being a parent.

Look my kid can fly call the mutant police.

I hope this story is done with fast because it makes the Justice League look bad and all the powers Clark does not have but can use to hide whom he is should come into play. From Jonn Jonz looking like Clark to one of his Robots that can look and act like Superman and walk into the press meeting and prove that he simply is not Clark Kent.

I mean it is Superman use your imagination.

luciferjonez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@therealdavidsgoyer:

@zacksnyderbvs said:

@luciferjonez: Funny how stories that infact portray Superman as an all powerful god (All-Star Superman, Kingdom Come etc.) are often considered to be the best Superman stories of all time and must reads for any comicbook fan

Finally, someone except me who sees it.

So Zack, if you know that why didn't you implemented it on MoS :P

I honestly must have blocked it out of my memory @zacksnyderbvs but Man of steel is the prime example of Superman being a bore.

BTW, I think Sucker Punch is a beautiful movie to watch, just not with the sound on.

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I like my Superman with a secret identity.

luciferjonez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@welldone: I have been reading comics since 1972. I am well versed in all things comics and read just about every title that gets released every week from marvel, DC most of image (theres just some crap I can't stomach), dynamite, dark horse and any indy that catches my eye. Trust me. I read. Maybe you should think (and possibly re-read) before you respond. Superman being all powerful is great, but this is a character that was conceived in 1933. Being an all but unstoppable entity can get boring for a writer after all these years. That being said Writing Superman is a challenge for anyone taking the helm of that book, as you have to figure out how not to go for the obvious setup/fix to keep things fresh and uphold a standard of writing for a character that is arguably one of if not the most known comic creations on the planet. Who doesn't know superman?

@welldone said:

@luciferjonez: stories where superman is at his most powerful are the most critically acclaimed and must reads. but you dont read superman so you dont know

luciferjonez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By luciferjonez
    Santon3000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@luciferjonez: all powerful being? More interesting read? Can you EVEN read?

Avatar image for rocketraccoonthingy
    rocketraccoonthingy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 8

I do not like the art.

ScarletBatman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Pre-Crisis Superman had no parents and a secret identity.

Post-Crisis Superman had parents and a secret identity.

Post-Flashpoint Superman has no parents and no secret identity.

Post-Future-Reboot-Event: Superman will have parents and no secret identity.

ZackSnyderBvS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By ZackSnyderBvS

@luciferjonez said:

@therealdavidsgoyer:

@squalleon said:
    @zacksnyderbvs said:

@luciferjonez:

Funny how stories that infact portray Superman as an all powerful god (All-Star Superman, Kingdom Come etc.) are often considered to be the best Superman stories of all time and must reads for any comicbook fan

I honestly must have blocked it out of my memory @zacksnyderbvsbut Man of steel is the prime example of Superman being a bore.

BTW, I think Sucker Punch is a beautiful movie to watch, just not with the sound on.

No Caption Provided

Sorry, couldn't hear you over the amount of money it made at the box office

arthurkerr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@luciferjonez said:

@therealdavidsgoyer:

@squalleon said:
    @zacksnyderbvs said:

@luciferjonez:

Funny how stories that infact portray Superman as an all powerful god (All-Star Superman, Kingdom Come etc.) are often considered to be the best Superman stories of all time and must reads for any comicbook fan

I honestly must have blocked it out of my memory @zacksnyderbvsbut Man of steel is the prime example of Superman being a bore.

No Caption Provided

Loved the whole sucker punch movie up till the end. MOS was a good movie but the love thing with Lois was way over done and the whole romance thing forced on us. Like why in the world did she have to go to the ship. LIke Zod gave a crap about this earth women it made no sense what so ever. They did not even give a reason once on the ship it was just bad. The movie should have been longer and more drawn out. More character Development. Sucker Punch was awesome but the end was horrible and killed any reason to watch it again. Zod should have came back from just a broken Neck as well because they do heal pretty fast and this should have healed in time. We have yet to see if he is truly dead for I do not think he would be.

luciferjonez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By luciferjonez

@luciferjonez said:

@therealdavidsgoyer:

@squalleon said:
    @zacksnyderbvs said:

@luciferjonez:

No Caption Provided

waitaminute... You couldn't HEAR what I WROTE? lame dude. Thanks for some more crap writing and a less than witty retort.

BumBurger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's fucked up what Lois did and then had the nerve to try and be his friend -_-

phocracker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

@batarangbamz: How was Doomed? I'm contemplating between Doomed and Unchained.

phocracker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

@darkman61288: Chick just ruined Clark's peaceful human life..I doubt they get back together unless she had a really good reason to and if Clark can somehow get the world to forget, which would absolutely be cheesy to new comic standards.

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 7

And with powers. It was a huge mistake to take them both away from Clark.

batarangbamz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@phocracker: Portions of it were great it just drags on for too long and loses focus at times. Unchained definitely has the better story and some just gorgeous art, its only problem was being delayed too many times. I'd go with Snyder and Lee.

ZackSnyderBvS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zacksnyderbvs said:
    @luciferjonez said:

@therealdavidsgoyer:

@squalleon said:
    @zacksnyderbvs said:

@luciferjonez:

No Caption Provided

waitaminute... You couldn't HEAR what I WROTE? lame dude. Thanks for some more crap writing and a less than witty retort.

Whatever dude. See you at the premiere of my next big film ;)

DanDiDio_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zacksnyderbvs said:
    @luciferjonez said:

@therealdavidsgoyer:

@squalleon said:
    @zacksnyderbvs said:

@luciferjonez:

No Caption Provided

@luciferjonez Wait you're arguing with someone who is obviously pretending to be someone else on the internet? Lol at you , dude.

Avatar image for therealdavidsgoyer
    TheRealDavidSGoyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@luciferjonez said:
    @zacksnyderbvs said:
    @luciferjonez said:

@therealdavidsgoyer:

@squalleon said:
    @zacksnyderbvs said:

@luciferjonez:

No Caption Provided

@luciferjonez Wait you're arguing with someone who is obviously pretending to be someone else on the internet? Lol at you , dude.

@dandidio_ IKR! What a dork.

luciferjonez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@therealdavidsgoyer:

@luciferjonez said:
    @zacksnyderbvs said:
    @luciferjonez said:

@therealdavidsgoyer:

@squalleon said:
    @zacksnyderbvs said:

@luciferjonez:

No Caption Provided

wow! responses by the trifecta of crap! I feel so honored.

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@therealdavidsgoyer:

@dandidio_ said:
    @luciferjonez said:
    @zacksnyderbvs said:
    @luciferjonez said:

@therealdavidsgoyer:

@squalleon said:
    @zacksnyderbvs said:

@luciferjonez:

No Caption Provided

wow! responses by the trifecta of crap! I feel so honored.

Please any of you next time you reply delete my name. You are spamming me with notifications.

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#78  Edited By kidchipotle

@kidchipotle said:

Yeah, I don't know what they were thinking. I could deal with the loss of powers for a little while, that didn't bother me; It's just like why did they feel the need they could only tell good Superman stories going forward if he no longer had a double-life? A huge part of Superman's mythos is that he always goes out of his way to protect his secret identity...its just something you don't take away from him...Superman doesn't deserve that.

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@squalleon said:
    @kidchipotle said:

Yeah, I don't know what they were thinking. I could deal with the loss of powers for a little while, that didn't bother me; It's just like why did they feel the need they could only tell good Superman stories going forward if he no longer had a double-life? A huge part of Superman's mythos is that he always goes out of his way to protect his secret identity...its just something you don't take away from him...Superman doesn't deserve that.

To be honest I am the opposite. I feel that you can say stories with the loss of the SID but not with the loss of powers. I feel the powers make Superman stand out. His thoughts, fears, dillemas etc are connected to his powers.
    But now with the loss of both. Clark has became a generic do gooder in voice and characterization.

todd_m_novak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If it's a good story, it will be a worthwhile one. Will the genie be put back in the bottle? Eventually. Whether it will be a revamp or some "magic spell", we'll see.

As for a reason for a secret identity, it makes it hard to live a normal life as a celebrity. Can Superman be a journalist anymore? Certainly not the same way. If Superman is a full time celebrity is he as accessible and relatable (both to the reader and to characters in the story)?

Hopefully there are some consequences to his identity being revealed. Dealing with the adjustment as a character is part of the potential of the story.

ScouterV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@welldone: I have been reading comics since 1972. I am well versed in all things comics and read just about every title that gets released every week from marvel, DC most of image (theres just some crap I can't stomach), dynamite, dark horse and any indy that catches my eye. Trust me. I read. Maybe you should think (and possibly re-read) before you respond. Superman being all powerful is great, but this is a character that was conceived in 1933. Being an all but unstoppable entity can get boring for a writer after all these years.That being said Writing Superman is a challenge for anyone taking the helm of that book, as you have to figure out how not to go for the obvious setup/fix to keep things fresh and uphold a standard of writing for a character that is arguably one of if not the most known comic creations on the planet. Who doesn't know superman?

If you think writing Superman is boring, you shouldn't be writing Superman period, because you then have no investment in the character and won't put your best foot forward on a project you don't care about. You should relish the challenge and be thankful for the privilege to get the opportunity to write a Superman story, because I know there are people that would give up their writing arm (me being one of them,) for the chance to write just one issue of their favorite superhero.

I realize not everyone is quite as passionate as me, and maybe some people are more passionate. What I'm saying is, if you don't like a project, do everyone a favor and just get off it. Otherwise, you're just wasting peoples time and money.

cza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ive never read a superman comic in my life but this might change that

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.