Follow

Superman

Character » Superman appears in 18939 issues.

Sent to Earth as an infant from the dying planet Krypton, Kal-El was adopted by the loving Kent family and raised in America's heartland as Clark Kent. Using his immense solar-fueled powers, he became Superman to defend mankind against all manner of threats while championing truth, justice, and the American way!

Francis Manapul on Superman

Avatar image for wishiwassuperman
    WIshIWasSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

Anyone else think they should get him over to a Superman title? I've always liked his work and looking at it on the current Flash stuff makes me love it even more - I would love to see that same style in any of the Superman titles. Nothing against Jim Lee or any of the other artists (okay, not really a fan of what Jae Lee is doing on Batman/Superman), I just love the way he does things...

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By kidchipotle

Apparently Jae Lee is leaving B/S after this arc? He isn't on the Oct/Nov solicits so there's good news for you..

But I love KenRoc's art on Superman, I think it makes the story so much better and more enjoyable. He should stay on there .... forever.

I wouldn't mind seeing Francis on Action Comics or Superman, though, it would be a cool change. He should do which ever book Ken isn't doing :P

WIshIWasSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By WIshIWasSuperman

Apparently Jae Lee is leaving B/S after this arc? He isn't on the Oct/Nov solicits so there's good news for you..

But I love KenRoc's art on Superman, I think it makes the story so much better and more enjoyable. He should stay on there .... forever.

I wouldn't mind seeing Francis on Action Comics or Superman, though, it would be a cool change. He should do which ever book Ken isn't doing :P

Manapul would actually be a good switch on B/S as his painted/natural type style sort of takes what Jae Lee is doing but does it better (IMO), plus he's done a Superman/Batman series before, so he gets to show off on both characters again (and I'd love to see how he would do Darkseid). I agree to keep Rocafort on either Action or Superman, and I'd keep Jim Lee on Unchained forever if I could. Not sure who I'd stick on Superman/Action along with Rocafort though - maybe Michael Turner - although his style doesn't really match in with the other New52 look of Supe's done by the others - I'm sure he could still do an amazing job though.

stephens2177

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jae is doing alternating arcs with Brett booth on bat/sup from here on out.

WIshIWasSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By WIshIWasSuperman

Jae is doing alternating arcs with Brett booth on bat/sup from here on out.

I could live with that... I'd prefer Francis Manapul be involve,d but I can live with Brett Booth...

sinestro_GL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 8

I've seen some Manapul sketches of Superman...honestly, he does the Flash MUCH better

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

I'd absolutely love it. His short stint on Superman/Batman and Adventure Comics was enough to convince me he'd be brilliant at it. His Flash work is just damn beautiful

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for deactivated-5d921c81bd12c
    deactivated-5d921c81bd12c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 3

I'd prefer it if he remained on Flash. I love Superman but his Flash art and co-writing are too good to get rid of.

Avatar image for deranged_midget
    Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 4

@lvenger: Manapul is one of my favourite artists in DC but I think he's too locked up with Flash to add any of his illustrative duties to another title as he's handling both writing and sharing art duty with Brian. I would LOVE if he worked on Action Comics or Batman/Superman (again). That is one of my single favourite covers.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

#10  Edited By Lvenger

@deranged_midget: I know, just talking about hypotheticals. I prefer him on Flash anyway.

Avatar image for deranged_midget
    Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 4

@lvenger said:

@deranged_midget: I know, just talking about hypotheticals. I prefer him on Flash anyway.

Yeah, his colourful and explosive style fits Flash perfectly.

Avatar image for consolemaster001
    consolemaster001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

Yea it'd be great.

JLDoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

NO,YOU WON'T TAKE HIM FROM US! >:(

SandMan_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well...maybe for Batman/Superman his style fits Flash.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.