Favourite Interpretation of Krypton

Posted by RDClip (1141 posts) 1 year, 1 month ago

Poll: Favourite Interpretation of Krypton (35 votes)

Golden/Silver Age 9%
1978 Superman Movie 6%
John Byrne's Man of Steel 0%
Superman: The Animated Series 14%
Superman: Birthright 6%
New52 14%
2013 Man of Steel Movie 51%

I want to make this clear, this isn't what Superman origin story is your favourite. This poll is only pertaining to the look, feel and general culture of Krypton presented in these works.

I really like the 2013 Man of Steel Krypton, it had the balance between alien enough so it seems otherworldly and human enough that people can relate to. The others I felt were too far human or too far alien with Golden/Silver age and Superman: TAS being too human and the others being too alien.

I also love the art style of Man of Steel. It was very unique when they could have done something very standard and sleek like most alien cultures are presented in films. This Krypton kinda has this odd matte finish to everything.

#1 Posted by Reactor (2598 posts) - - Show Bio

Krypton had, for me at least, always had either a very generic or sterile feel to it. To be frank, I never really cared much about it until Man of Steel. Even though we only see Krypton for fifteen minutes or so, I became absolutely engrossed in it. Man of Steel interpretation gets my vote.

#2 Posted by JetiiMitra (8718 posts) - - Show Bio

Whoa, Man of Steel running away. Really though, I loved it. It was brand new and a pretty unique take on alien worlds in general, in my opinion. Not unique as in the elements that made it up, but the blend of elements that went into it. It was like Avatar and Prometheus and Gattaca mixed together (with probably a few more movies thrown in), but the mixture wasn't forced, it was totally organic. I loved it.

#3 Posted by sinestro_GL (3251 posts) - - Show Bio

It's hard to say, I was a big fan of STAS' Krypton, and really felt so sad that it had to be destroyed...but then the Krypton from the 1978 film influenced the comics - and you've got to respect that!

But I voted STAS

#4 Edited by theTimeStreamer (2841 posts) - - Show Bio

man of steel winning? humanity is doomed.

#5 Posted by PowerHerc (85105 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman: TAS.

#6 Edited by Deranged Midget (17723 posts) - - Show Bio

Man of Steel without a doubt. The world looked gorgeous on top of being so unique in comparison to the dull, boring ice structures of old.

#7 Posted by jesusdisciple001 (546 posts) - - Show Bio

kenneth rocafort NOT new 52 and man of steel without the breathing stuff

#8 Posted by SOG7dc (7535 posts) - - Show Bio

I absolutely lived Andy Diggles and Tony Daniels' interpretation in action comics

#9 Posted by RideASpaceCowboy (531 posts) - - Show Bio

I prefer Geoff John's interpretation in Secret Origin and elsewhere throughout his run, which incorporated elements of all the previous versions.

#10 Posted by PowerWoman (3431 posts) - - Show Bio

Silver age superman

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.