Follow

Superman

Character » Superman appears in 18942 issues.

Sent to Earth as an infant from the dying planet Krypton, Kal-El was adopted by the loving Kent family and raised in America's heartland as Clark Kent. Using his immense solar-fueled powers, he became Superman to defend mankind against all manner of threats while championing truth, justice, and the American way!

Farewell to Smallville

• 152 results
    LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#151  Edited By LiquidPrince

@Om1kron said:

@LiquidPrince said:
    @Om1kron said:
    lois n clark > smallville.
    Also, Smallville as a show was way better then Lois n' Clark.
    Profit wise, yes, excitement wise no. Unless you're a kid, or gay. And I'm very serious about the gay part, not as some kind of insult.
    Dean Cain, cheesy or not filled out a superman outfit and actually wore it and kicked ass, and had lazer eyes, and had the babe. Teri Hatcher in her prime > ANY CHICK ON SMALLVILLE. Even the ones that don't really exist in ACTUAL SUPERMAN LAND!!!
    The only stupid costume on the show was the main characters.
    Smallville like I said is 90210 turned into some kind of foreplay that some human teenage boy with drama and friend issues is somehow going to fall into the role of superman. Why couldn't every other guest starring hero on the show just be in normal jeans and shirts colored like their real counterparts, why did they have to have shitty costumes and use real names from comics.
    Smallville took not a note, but a serenade from batman 3-4- and 5 and completely ruined the franchise while still keeping viewers interested by not having clark become superman. If he would've donned the costume anytime before this last episode, nobody would've continued watching the show.
    I guaren-damn-tee that.

I am neither a child nor gay. You'd be wrong.

LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#152  Edited By LiquidPrince

@Grim said:

@LiquidPrince: thats what "Nerfed" means. They softened them up so it would make sense for teenaged clark to beat them. You dont "temporarily Ward off" Darkseid by pushing his planet away. DS would have shown up and omega beamed Clarky for daring to defy his wishes. The fact that there was no fight between Clark and Darkseid is proof itself that they nerfed him. Brainiac. The only one i can think of who payed anywhere near his actual characters personalities or abilities was Bizzaro, and that was a stretch. Lois and Clark was a show that followed the rules it set down for itself, and didnt piss all over the the Superman mythos. It was character driven, and well written. Smallville was the absolute opposite of that. After season 5, They ignored the rules the show was based off of, and screwed over nearly every dc comics character they brought in (Mr. Mxy, Black Canary, Staro, Deathstroke, off the top of my head...). On top of that, every episode is driven by the 1990's looking action. And the writing was solid cheese. Im not saying the show was 100% horrible. Up until season 4 or so i really loved it. But i would never ever have considered it better than Lois and Clark.

I don't understand why people think that it needs to follow the mythology so closely. It is a fucking retelling of the Superman mythology. It respects what came before to a certain degree, but made it it's own thing.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.