Follow

Superman

Character » Superman appears in 18939 issues.

Sent to Earth as an infant from the dying planet Krypton, Kal-El was adopted by the loving Kent family and raised in America's heartland as Clark Kent. Using his immense solar-fueled powers, he became Superman to defend mankind against all manner of threats while championing truth, justice, and the American way!

Farewell to Smallville

• 152 results
    iLLituracy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#51  Edited By iLLituracy

What are we supposed to watch now?

Good stuff.

Snap!
    Avatar image for thecheesestabber
    TheCheeseStabber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

#52  Edited By TheCheeseStabber

i wanna see The Moon Knight Tv Series...

Silkcuts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 730

User Lists: 13

#53  Edited By Silkcuts
    @DoctorTrips said:

@Silkcuts: Just out of curiosity, any idea if the curse affect the people who voice Superman or is it just limited to live action?

The curse itself is legend and its really hard to say who it has effect on, since it is not only "superman" that is on the list.  Marlon Brando for example played Jor-El and people place him on the list.

Margot Kidder is Bi-polar now

Richard Pryor as well died.

Then there is big ones like Sam Loeb died of Cancer and since Jeph wrote Supes some will argue that, even I think that one is stretching.

But in honesty if the man who played Superman in any version did not die physically, his career after Superman seems to die after that.  It is a weird trend. Even Dean Cain is still kind of a forgotten actor.
    Herx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

#54  Edited By Herx

well we cant say that the show didnt end with something super (seriously how heavy is apokolips?). sure it seemd like a bit of a cop out with what happens to lex at the end, but all in all waaaay better than the ending to season 8.

now, wheres my boster gold and blue beetle tv spin-off? :P

TheBuck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#55  Edited By TheBuck

The show ended the way it should have. This ep was what the whole series was about; the journey to the final destination. The destination being Superman. the crest being the last shot was perfect, no other way to end it.

Could it have been better,sure, but it wouldn't have been what the show was about.

Euro!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#56  Edited By Euro!

That was the best episode in any show I've seen for ages. I'd rate it 10/10. 

Now we just need Tom Welling to come back and do a new Superman Series, I'd sure as hell watch that. 
    It was an odd emotion as I saw it end. Sorta pride I guess. 
    Whatever way the future forms, I can always rewatch this episode and smile.
    Avatar image for guardiandevil801
    guardiandevil801

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 89

User Lists: 7

#57  Edited By guardiandevil801

it was amazing and fantastic. It was a great show and will be missed, but overall people should watch it because it was spectacular!!!!!!!!
    Avatar image for haydenclaireheroes
    haydenclaireheroes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1207

User Lists: 14

this is my video review on it:

hogscraper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By hogscraper

I didn't watch a single episode of this show until two years ago when I saw every season on sale at a record shop. After getting caught up I was really bummed that I started getting interested in the show about when I heard that it was soon coming to an end. And now that it has ended? I want more! I never cared for Superman in the comics. Actually, hated was more like it. Never cared for the Dudley Do Right character I perceived him as when I was a kid. I liked characters I could relate to. There was something about the way they remade him for their universe that I really liked. There were a lot of times that I wanted to reach through the tv and smack the guy for being an idiot, but compared to the comics, I actually like the tv show universe much better. 

As for the finale, I really liked it. 10/10! Its really hard to wrap up ten years of story lines while presenting a look at the future for a series like this and I think they did really well. I am hoping that the lack of full on shots of Welling as Superman was done as a teaser for something more to come, like a tv or dvd movie, but must say it was exactly what this show needed. 
    _jackbauer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By _jackbauer

I stopped watching 6 years ago.  Even still, finale was pretty bad.

GrandHarrier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By GrandHarrier

I've never liked the series. At first it was the Scooby style "Villian of the Week" first three seasons. From there, they went off the rails in such a trainwreck of a fashion that I just... I just... dear God. I don't even know how or where to begin. Can I start with, I hate Chloe? I really, REALLY, hate that Mary Sue of a character. I hate that the show is basically the Chloe and Clark show. Chloe marries Green Arrow? Red Arrow is their son? I mean, WTF? But the last episode was just bad.

sladewilson30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 21

#62  Edited By sladewilson30

they should do a justice t.v. show
    untammed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#63  Edited By untammed
    @darkrider said:
     goodbye smallville 
    !
    Primmaster64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By Primmaster64

I would have liked to seen the costume.

Caligula

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 12

#65  Edited By Caligula

90% of the time I didn't like Smallville.
    As A matter of fact I only remember  liking  2 episodes.

So can't say I'm too sad to see it go.

akawiccan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By akawiccan

I really loved "Smallville" and the finale was amazing! My fav part of the finale was the "return" of Aaron Ashmore. Ok, he wasn't the Jimmy Olsen of Season 6 to 8 BUT he was his lil' brother! Yeah ... that was amazing.

Ok, there was no real fight but I'm ok with that. The whole Smallville-Crew did a great job and I'll miss the series. Thank you for 10 amazing years, Smallville!

monopolyloser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By monopolyloser

I really enjoyed the finale and thought it was a great ending.  Though I never really followed the show too closely, and caught it here and there for the past ten years.  Either way, I found it enjoyable, and it left me wanting them to continue on with a Superman show.  

Avatar image for amp___seeker_of_lost_knowledge
    AMP - Seeker of Lost Knowledge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

User Lists: 14

I admit, the ending of the series a heart-breaker and a tad-disappointing (I hate the fact that Tess/Lena was killed by the resurrected Lex Luthor, I really hopped that ALL SMALLVILLE heroes would help out with the big event...), but 10 years of drama is pretty much the limit for television. It was our generation's version of M*A*S*H*: GOODYBYE, FAREWELL, & AMEN, they touched our hearts and our spirits...
      As for SMALLVILLE's replacement....I might have strong concerns for NO ORDINARY FAMILY....

blackair9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By blackair9

I like the ending even though it did feel a bit rushed. My only real annoyance as we never got a good look at Clark/Kal-el in the suit outside of the CGi which was never a close up and Not enough Tess screen time. I suspect that had to do with all the restrictions that have been put on the show by Warner Bros.  Strangley I am probaly in the minority but I like Chloe /Green Arrow couple/future better than the comics version with Oliver and Dinah.  Overall I think the series was great and it did a lot for female characters that most shows either ignore or turn into abominations (birds of prey series SMH). I'm not expection much out of the new crops of shows but I will keep and open mind.

...still their much that can be done with Green Arrow , hint hint lol

RutnRampage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By RutnRampage

Im a dedicated fan so overall I was going to enjoy it regardless. If I have to pick out best moments it would be obviously the suit of which we knew he would put on at the end. We saw more than I expected of it and the crisis he had to face was much bigger and better than I thought it would be. I dont think we should have seen more than we did of the suit as it would have taken away the entire purpose of what the show was about. I was disappointed that Kristen didnt come back for the end as she was a major character. Tess getting killed almost gave me an anxiety attack and the rest of the characters in the show had no response to her death. Cassidy had big shoes to fill when Lex was out of the picture for a long time and did a fantastic job and I am now a huge Cassidy Freeman Fan. As I was with Buffy the Vampire Slayer... I am now out of a major hero type TV show to get excited about every week once again. It sucks when such great shows end...but Im sure there will be a cult following forever with this on the internet.Who knows maybe a movie will pop up later. Thanks to the entire crew for this wonderful show.
    Screamolad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By Screamolad

WTF This is the best show. At Least there Coming Out With Season Finale!
    EGoD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By EGoD  Moderator

Disappointed with the finale, the special effects were neat and there was a lot going on.  Too much for a show ending its run and packed in to a 2 hour finale.   Once again writers crap out an ending that doesn't really satisfy fans who have watched the show since day one.  I was really disappointed when Clark finally wore the suit and all you got were lame-ass distance shots.  Where was the iconic shot of Superman where everyone could actually see him.  For a person who was supposed to step out of the shadows he certainly stuck to them till the very end, just blurred right by.
    MutenRoshi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By MutenRoshi

good riddance to bad crap, I gave up 6 years ago it really jumped the shark with the soap opera surrounding Lana. Lex, Lois and whoever making drama for the sake of drama. I quit smallville in 2005 can't believe people sat through this rubbish years later until its final episode.

maxicere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#74  Edited By maxicere

Not bad

CrimsonTempest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

#75  Edited By CrimsonTempest

I'd give it a 3 out of 5 stars. The Darkseid fight was a huge let-down for me. Then again, they dropped the ball in similar fashion with Doomsday.

iloverobots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By iloverobots

Thing about Smallville is, it lasted for too long. If you take all the good story lines (they were many) and put them in a show that lasts 4-5 seasons, you'd have a pretty good show about Clark becoming Superman. I don't think any of the producers thought it was gonna last for 10 seasons...

If there's ever another similar tv show, they should definitely plan it over a couple of seasons only and have more comic book writers involved (Johns episodes of Smallville were all great). 

As far as the finale episode is concerned, I've watched this show since the beginning and I'm satisfied with the whole thing. Sure, the fight with Darkseid was lame, but they had so much stuff to wrap up I feel like they completely ran out of time. Thing is, I don't think Smallville is gonna be one of those shows you can suggest to your friends now. I'm not sure if going through all 10 seasons as a new viewer is gonna be worth it... so I think this might really be the end of Smallville.
    Renee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#77  Edited By Renee

We didn't even get to friggin really see him in costume. He was just a tiny blur lmao.

Rhi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By Rhi

I am sad to see Smallville end but at the same time, it was time (hell there were times in past that I thought the show should have ended sooner). I've always seen Smallville as a different Universe than the comics and the movies. Do I tend to compare the show to the comics/movies? Yes but I try to keep in mind that Smallville is completely different.

Was the series finale good? In my opinion, yes. It was very fitting and for someone that's been watching Smallville for ten years (I was 13 when it started!), that's stuck with it through thick and thin (and had to endure them beating the dead horse that was Clana), the finale was a very emotional expreience.

The Kent Family moment in the barn actually brought me to tears. Lex coming back made me giddy! Finally seeing Clark stop midair, then conciously fly and wearing the costume was well worth the wait and made me happy that I didn't give up on the Smallville years ago.

Was there some disappointment? Yes! The Darkseid "fight" was as disappointing as The Doomsday "fight". Not nearly enough Lex, even though seeing him become President in the future was epic!! I wouldn't have minded them actually let Clois get married but I can live without that. I wanted to see see Superman touch ground after the Apokolipis stuff and get to to see Tom Welling in a full body shot wearing the suit.

Over all I loved the finale and I've watched it several times since Friday.

Gordon Kelly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#79  Edited By Gordon Kelly

I enjoyed the series Smallville but wow it been 10 years since been in the air. I enjoyed the series finale with flashback and events and how to become Superman. I thought they where going to put the JLA in the last series like Booster Gold, Aquaman, Black Canary, Cyborg and Superboy the Teen Titans and etc. The show was good and awsome.
    Bobby_Rico

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By Bobby_Rico

I say do a Connor Kent show.  But a Connor Kent more like how he was in the early days ala Reign of the Supermen days.  Cocky, obnoxious...the Anti-Clark as it were.  And totally free about using his powers in public and just basking in the attention (sort of like Tony Stark in the Iron Man movies).  I think that could potentially be a cool spin-off....though I fear there just isn't enough creativity in Hollywood these days to make it anything else except a carbon copy of Smallville, just featuring new players.

NXH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By NXH

Thank f@ck it's over!!!

AssertingValor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 65

#82  Edited By AssertingValor
    This sucks, there should be ten more seasons!!.........

Video_Martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By Video_Martian
    @NXH said:
    Thank fuck it's over!!!

lol
    Burnstar1230

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By Burnstar1230

It felt as though they were going to squeeze in a big battle between the pseudo-Legion of Doom and the pseudo-Justice League, being that they introduced characters like Captain Cold and Solomon Grundy the episode before the finale. That may have been better than the climatic battle between Clark and Darkseid.

mark5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By mark5
    @Renee said:
    We didn't even get to friggin really see him in costume. He was just a tiny blur lmao.
    haha nice pun

its sad to see it go. I still haven't watched the finale but i'm sure its gonna be good.
    johnson08

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#86  Edited By johnson08

It was a real good ending , but i think they could have added a little more to it. All in all, this is one of the shows that i will always remember.

mark5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By mark5
    @AMP - Seeker of Lost Knowledge said:
      I admit, the ending of the series a heart-breaker and a tad-disappointing (I hate the fact that Tess/Lena was killed by the resurrected Lex Luthor, I really hopped that ALL SMALLVILLE heroes would help out with the big event...), but 10 years of drama is pretty much the limit for television. It was our generation's version of M*A*S*H*: GOODYBYE, FAREWELL, & AMEN, they touched our hearts and our spirits...  As for SMALLVILLE's replacement....I might have strong concerns for NO ORDINARY FAMILY....
    No ordinary family got axed.
    it the end of a lot of things this year, Harry Potter is one.
    Harlekin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By Harlekin

How could anyone get through the sickening written dialog. Drinking game anytime someone speaks and it gives you a nervous twitch you take a drank.

clumsyninja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By clumsyninja

i love the finale (like many people here) although i wish Lana/Pete would have done a cameo (still watching the middle season 7 so If something happen to them, sorry). The last second of Clark becoming Superman were priceless, worth all these 10 years. Keeping fingers crossed for Henry Canvill, he's great on the Tudors but as a superhero I'll have to see. Can't wait for the wall to see what the CW puts along Supernatural.

00 Raiser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#90  Edited By 00 Raiser

Okay my take on the whole Smallville ending was it felt pretty rushed. Okay Darkseid busting into smoke? REALLY? I think I could have done better then that. I mean they rocked out on Doomsday so why such a stupid take on such a great character is beyond me. The whole not getting see more Clark in the suit pissed me off. If anything every shot of his was this bad CG. For a second I was praying that Lois and Clark the Adventures of Superman would just interrupt Smallville for a bit. Then there is the whole Apocalypse coming towards Earth. Someone tell me how Clark just all of a sudden had the strength to move a planet. Even in the comics it takes a lot for Sups to muster up that kind of strength.

Green Arrow's moment when he beat the disciples of  Darkseid was pretty damn cool I will give them that. Why on Earth did they do the who Supergirl going to the Legion's timeline is beyond me. I mean I know that is how it is in the comics but damn she made the show when she was on screen. Clark finally flying was a good thing and Im finally glad they got around to him and Jor El becoming more like family in a sense. All in all I have to say it gets a 5 out of 10.

Kyle C

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91  Edited By Kyle C

I started watching Smallville a couple of years ago, and really, really liked the first two seasons. But even by the latter half of the third season, I felt the show had gone completely off the rails, so I don't know what the hell it's been doing since then.

He never flew until the final episode? Are you fucking kidding me? They had been teasing flight since the first episode.

Again, I only saw the first three seasons, but from everything I've heard, it sounds like they really dropped the ball with this whole series. And I don't mean that in the sense of being true to Superman, cause I'm not even a Superman fan.
    UnosInfinitos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92  Edited By UnosInfinitos

I never bothered to watch I even tried sitting through but I just couldn't do it.

Henrypm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93  Edited By Henrypm

i wanted to see wearing for real tom welling  the costume not kinda :( im very disappointed that is what was i been waiting for

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#94  Edited By Static Shock

It was average. 

GrimoireMyst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95  Edited By GrimoireMyst

I have watched this show from the beginning and like others it was a trial to watch some of those middle seasons. The thing with Lana lasted way wa.............................y too long for me since from the start everyone knew she wasn't his destined partner so it was more like watching a car wreck in slow motion over years. lol

I didn't mind the ending though even again like others I wanted a knock down drag out fight between Superman and Darkseid like in Superman/Batman :Apocalypse but they didn't do that with Doomsday so I wasn't all that surprised with what they came up with. They do have a budget to think about and it was cool to see him use his actual strength level to throw a planet in the end. lol

ThanosIsMad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96  Edited By ThanosIsMad

The finale was horrible, just like the show itself.

kal-el09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97  Edited By kal-el09

i love smallville with a passion, been watching since the beginning great ten seasons,  but i expected a little more in the finale, well at least a big fight scene with darkseid, i knew he was gonna need a host they always need hosts, and i wish they could've at least zoomed up a bit when clark finally wore the suit, not cgi or his face only, other things i wanted were at the end him mentioning the justice league officially or were green arrow was or maybe mentioning batman i mean it was 2018 so he's been supes for quite sometime, it was cool but not that great i'd give it 7/10, hey why not make a batman spinoff, GOTHAM!!!!!!

Robin181

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98  Edited By Robin181

I really thought it was the best episode of the hole seriers. I mean my heart was racing the hole time, I love how they answers all the question that  every boddy keep asking the hole seriers. the only thing that would have been cool to see a clip of  Wayne Enterprise on the tv or  having chole look out her window  after calling Lois and see a dark showed person just chilling on a roof. I know it was a show about clark be coming superman but seeing all the other hero that were in smallville  it would be nice to see batman or some sort of Wayne Enterprise.  thing  

Avatar image for knightofcydonia
    Noctis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99  Edited By Noctis

I thought it was lame...    

COINRETURNSLOT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 10

#100  Edited By COINRETURNSLOT
    @DoctorTrips said:
    Not going to lie...I cried...
    ^^ I did too.
    I thought the Smallville finale was well done,  and a great way to end the series. It tied up loose ends and gave fans (or at least me) what we have been longing to see: Clark taking flight, the suit, the return of Lex & a happy ending.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.