Farewell to Smallville

• 152 results
Posted by G-Man (34048 posts) - - Show Bio

After ten seasons, the Smallville finale has come and gone. I've voiced my opinions on the show before. As much as I tried to keep in mind that this was something completely different from the comics, there were many moments that would make my jaw clench in frustration. Over the years, the show has had some pretty cool moments with others that made me wonder what the heck was going on.

I remained dedicated to the show but it's time for a full confession. I've mentioned a few times that I was a little behind. I actually still have 30 episodes sitting and waiting on my DVR. It's not that I didn't want to keep up with the episodes. It's been a matter that Friday nights isn't an optimal TV viewing time for me. The show's hit or miss nature hasn't made the show a top priority for me either. Also now with the show officially over, I still have over a season's worth of new episodes (for me) to watch (which I will still watch eventually).

With this momentous occasion, I did feel I had to watch the last episode. I didn't want to wait until I could get around to watching all those other ones first. My seven-year-old daughter insisted on watching with me (almost continuing the tradition of watching final episodes with me as we also watch David Tennant's final Doctor Who episode together).

What are my final thoughts on the episode and series? (There will be some spoilers).

== TEASER ==

I mentioned I'm a few episodes behind. But let's be honest, this episode was about whether or not Lois and Clark would get married, would Darkseid cause the destruction of Earth and would Clark finally become Superman.

Let's start with Darkseid

I haven't seen his first appearance so I didn't really get why he resembled the smoke monster from LOST. Having him as the final villain we'd see was a great idea. Hell yeah, I wanted to see Superman go up against Darkseid. Do we get the awesome knock-down drag out fight we could hope for? Not even close. Such a shame. My daughter was not impressed by him. I had to explain that he is much different in the comics.

The wedding?

Again, I'm spoiling things here. The wedding does come up. Right at the final moment, the threat to the world stops the wedding from becoming official. My daughter asked if they did get married but the ceremony didn't finish. There's also the seven years later bit that we see at the beginning and the end. So it is touched on or revealed whether or not they'll tie the knot. I think they should've just been able to get married while they had everyone gathered.

Becoming Superman

Jor-El has been such a jerk to Clark over the years telling him he'd have to give up his humanity in order to fully utilize his Kryptonian or super-abilities. It turns out everything was a test. Clark has passed the trials and FINALLY becomes the character we know. He is finally able to fly. When it happens, I have to admit, it's pretty cool.

The suit

The question has always been whether or not the suit would work on the show. This really shouldn't have been that big of a question since we've had Green Arrow in costume for years along with the occasional other semi-costumed heroes. We do see him flying around in the red and blue tights and it almost makes the last ten years worth it. I really wish we could have had more of Clark in the suit. Some of the shots looked too computer generated but overall, it did work. I would've have loved having at least a season of Clark in the costume. Yes, it would dramatically change the feel of the show but who cares. This is a show about Superman. I don't care if it was all about his journey in becoming Superman, I wanted more of the suit.

Dual identites?

Sure Clark finally got around to wearing glasses recently. He's not doing much else to create a secret identity besides acting a little clumsy. We don't seem much of Clark as Superman but the hair is still the same. No slicked or combed back version for either. We don't know how he presents himself as Superman. Maybe he will take the John Byrne keep-his-face-in-constant-motion angle so he can't be photographed versus the Geoff Johns pose-for-Jimmy Olsen approach.

The end?

I'm okay with the way the show ended, only because I haven't been 100% fully committed to the show. I will watch all the episodes that I still haven't seen. As much as I'd like to see Clark as Superman, I can live with the idea that he finally embraced who he's supposed to be. We can just believe that he's continuing his adventures as Superman, only we're not going to be watching them. My biggest fear was we would only see him take his first leap, about to fly, when the credits would roll. We get to see him in action, albeit briefly. He's finally become Superman. End scene. Works for me. As for Lex's fate...I'm not sure how I feel about it.

What do we watch now?

It wasn't a perfect comic book television show but it was all we had. What can we watch now? It doesn't look like we'll have a Wonder Woman show to watch. There's supposed to be an Incredible Hulk, Jessica Jones and Powers show coming. Perhaps we'll see the other rumored Marvel shows as well. DC toyed with the idea of a Raven show, but I don't think that'd be the best idea.

Now it's time for you devoted fans of Smallville or anyone that watched the final episode to express your thoughts. Did you watch the final episode? Did it work for you? How soon until you start having withdrawls or is it for the best that it's over?

Staff
#1 Edited by darkrider (450 posts) - - Show Bio

goodbye smallville 
#2 Posted by Deranged Midget (17599 posts) - - Show Bio

It was fine. Nothing special, but I was a little disappointed we didn't get to see a close up of Welling in the costume. Obviously because he didn't even put it on. Sadly, this was one of the only shows I watched on tv and I've been watching it since the beginning. 

#3 Posted by G-Man (34048 posts) - - Show Bio

@Deranged Midget: It was funny when he was flying away while carrying it. My daughter said, "It almost looks like he's wearing it."

Staff
#4 Posted by Duo_forbidden (1161 posts) - - Show Bio

I was satisfied with the finale overall. It had some cheesy moments, but it great overall. I've watched this show from the beginning, and it had A LOT of moments where it came off dumb or poorly written. Season 7 has to be my least favorite.

I will miss this:

Now I need to save up my money to the buy the whole box set.
#5 Posted by Gambit1024 (9890 posts) - - Show Bio

I really liked it despite it's problems (Darkseid, not enough Superman suit). This was a pretty good show and the ending really made me want a Superman series. I guess the only thing us Superman fans have to look forward to now is Snyder's movie. Hope it doesn't disappoint like Singer's mess =P

Farewell Smallville. It was a hell of a ride. :)
#6 Edited by DH69 (4258 posts) - - Show Bio

series finale was one of the most dissapointing finales the show has had, they show'd a whole bunch of great scenes the show had had, yet when it was time to wow us, all they did was crack and fizzle with subpar gratuatous "awe" scenes.

now give me a green arrow show...

#7 Posted by G-Man (34048 posts) - - Show Bio

@Duo_forbidden: Get the album. Remy Zero - The Golden Hum. It's a pretty good CD.

Staff
#8 Edited by ComicMan24 (147091 posts) - - Show Bio

I liked it, I thought it was a fitting ending for the show. I would also like to see a close-up of him with the costume, I mean we were waiting 10 seasons for this but I can't say that I really mind it. The ending scene was exactly as I thought it would be. Goodbye Smallville, you were great.

#9 Edited by EnSabahNurX (2316 posts) - - Show Bio

I liked Smallville, it did drag somethings out and they used their WHOLE budget on the superman and Apokolips stuff which is why there was a lack of Darkseid fighting(should have lasted longer than 2 seconds), but overall it was a good ending.

In case it wasn't fully understood Darkseid is not the comic darkseid but more of a demon who brings out people's darkside and hence his lack of a physical form(a way to avoid a doomsday budget issue)
The Lex thing was a bit of a Cop out XD but it works in the grand scheme of things, hate what happens to Tess because she was one of the best characters to come out of smallville and not happy Chloe is hinted to be with oliver 7 years later, they needed to break up and have her do something more

I see smallville as a comic book series of superman in a alternate universe with a bunch of filler issues thrown in, but the last 3 seasons stepped things up acting wise and finally had clark have more growth.
Smallville is over, I've been super loyal since the start and now I have nothing to watch really and can't afford to buy the show on DVD XD

Oh and they didn't show full body costume shots of superman because the costume looked bad XD, I'm sure they tried it but they couldn't afford to make a good looking supersuit
#10 Edited by EnSabahNurX (2316 posts) - - Show Bio

OH!!!!! 10 free episodes of smallville on Itunes if anyone wants them, they are the first episode of each season XD

#11 Posted by Captainthunder (39 posts) - - Show Bio

It was so slow and chessy. It was cool how they brought his nemisis back onto the show. No one even seemed surprised he could suddly fly, not even Lois?? He should of had the suit a long time ago.  Also Superman can now see his earth father (Johnathan Kent) and carry a conversation with him even though he's dead??the mother was over dramatic. 
#12 Posted by Om1kron (1170 posts) - - Show Bio

lois n clark > smallville. 

period. I'm so glad this 90210 trash is off of the air bastardizing one of the most iconic superheroes like ever. 
#13 Posted by XxDARTHxX (5 posts) - - Show Bio

Not the best but definitely not the worst. I liked it for what it was.

#14 Posted by Deranged Midget (17599 posts) - - Show Bio
@G-Man: LMAO, she's definitely got that right. It's the closest thing we had to him wearing the suit. I don't see why they teased us the whole season and the Season 9 finale and Welling didn't bother to put the suit on even for a few seconds of screen time. 

@Duo_forbidden: Indeed, will miss that song as well.
#15 Posted by LONGTIME (926 posts) - - Show Bio

Weak finale. The show should have ended at season 5.

#16 Posted by ComicMan24 (147091 posts) - - Show Bio
@Captainthunder said:
  No one even seemed surprised he could suddly fly, not even Lois?? He should of had the suit a long time ago. 
Well, they were aware that Kryptonians could fly since Kara and the Kandorians could fly.
#17 Posted by ENGLENTINE (451 posts) - - Show Bio

I have indeed been 100% loyal to the show. Making sure I never missed an episode ( thank you dvr )  and I have to say ... I thought it was okay.

Granted it never could have lived up to the hype I built up in my head for it.

However, I would have forgiven a lot for one full body hero shot of Welling as Superman.

Frankly I love the series, it was a satisfactory way to end things.

#18 Posted by Grim (2079 posts) - - Show Bio
@Om1kron said:

period. I'm so glad this 90210 trash is off of the air bastardizing one of the most iconic superheroes like ever. 
100% agree. I liked the first 5 seasons or so, when they were still keeping to the original idea of the show. But after that, when the logical idea would have been to have Clark leave Smallville and either explore the world or become Superman, they decided to drag it out with appearances from every hero and villain he would ever meet.
 Sure, some of the Cameo episodes were cool, but all in all the last 4 seasons were just the CW milking their cash cow dry. Making Clark like the 8th hero to put on a costume? Having him save the world 20 different ways from big bads like Braniac and Doomsday before he even put on the costume?
 The show basically nerfed the hell out of some of DC's greatest heroes and villains so that they could get the teen drama crowd. And as always, my biggest peeve is that if any of the millions of viewers decided they want more Superman, they cant go to the comics without getting incredibly confused about some of the key points of the Superman mythos.
 i only watched it to see it end. But unlike most shows that try to wow and excite you to end it, Smallville just cleaned up some of the mess they made and gave a meager thank for watching for the last 10 years by showing you a few seconds of Tom's chest.
#19 Posted by DoctorTrips (127 posts) - - Show Bio

Not going to lie...I cried...

But I give Smallville a fair amount of credit for adapting (sometimes well, sometimes bad) some DC characters who hadn't been seen in live-action before, like Booster Gold, Martian Manhunter, Hawkman, hell the Justice Society. So it introduces people to some really good classic characters in the DC imaginarium; they did miss out on some though, I always thought Etrigan the Demon would've been fun.

I'll be honest I did lose all interest after Season Three, but they hooked me back in with the introduction of Green Arrow (my personal favorite superhero) and the early version of the Justice League because it felt like it was getting oh-so close to him finally putting on the red and blue. I think that Clark should have had a superhero identity way earlier at least because at some point it did feel like it was just dragging on, but I can forgive that because ten seasons is pretty impressive - especially for a live action superhero show.

On the series finale: there is no such thing as a 'perfect' series finale, you'll always some things you miss and some things you don't. On a scale of 1 to 10, the finale is a solid 9; because it delivered Superman, it wrapped a lot up (not all) in terms of storylines, and it didn't raise more questions than it answered - like the Battlestar Galactica last episode (the conversation in the last scene specifically).

As for something next? I'll be honest, I'd love to see a Green Arrow show, I wouldn't even care if it's set in the Smallville universe. Because Smallville did convince me you can do a character like GA, live action and it can be good and fun.

Anyway those are my thoughts...

#20 Posted by RedheadedAtrocitus (6885 posts) - - Show Bio

I think it did well for what it set out to do, but I would love to see a television movie in the future in all honesty.  As for what else to watch I guess I'll just have to be patient with some of the shows they are considering (i.e. Jessica Jones).  Now that its all over with though I want a definitive boxed set of this show out on DVD though.

#21 Posted by Out_of_Space (720 posts) - - Show Bio

Good article.

#22 Posted by Emperor Gonzo Noir (19714 posts) - - Show Bio

Good article, bad show.

#23 Posted by J1ml33 (540 posts) - - Show Bio

the end of an era ( as written by John Bryne and Grant Morrison ) and drawn Frank Quietly , John Bryne and Jim Lee .

for smallville of course as I had seen it .

#24 Posted by 672253 (51 posts) - - Show Bio

It was alright, could have been better though.
I would have like to see more of the other JL hero's make an appearance, besides Ollie.

#25 Posted by Silkcuts (5272 posts) - - Show Bio

buddy face was a brave man to wear the suit.  Being Superman is a cursed role after all....

#26 Posted by blur1528 (1055 posts) - - Show Bio

The ending felt good to me. Loved the John Williams Superman theme and then the credits at the end

#27 Posted by MrCipher (276 posts) - - Show Bio

I started watching Smallville before all the bastardized characters were introduced - somewhere around the middle of the 1st season. I thought Lex was well written and Lana (Kristen Kruek) was gorgeous.
I think they jumped the shark when the started "adapting" iconic characters. And I was against Clark not becoming Superman earlier.
I am under the impression that Tom Welling rejected the suit because he though ti was goofy or something, but seeing the shots of him (from ridiculous distances and seemingly CG imagery) I think Tom Welling was right that HE does look goofy in the suit. From what I saw, because he's not as cut as Arnold in his hey-day, Tom Welling looked like a giant toddler in stretchy feety pajamas.

This series has aggravated and disappointed me for about 7 seasons and I for one say "good riddance"

#28 Posted by furrynick (30 posts) - - Show Bio

I didn't like it at all, and i seriesly thought that it was very dissapointed the way the last episode went about. I was expecting so much more and it wasn't even close. To be honest with you guys i was expecting a huge battle between superman wearing his glories suit and darkseid and it just didn't happen. Also why the heck they waited until the last minute to allow him to finally put on the damn suit? I give that last episode a 7- out 10+   Now I'm just gonna watch Thor tales of Asgard

#29 Posted by TDK_1997 (14892 posts) - - Show Bio

I haven't watch the last episode but Smallville was a good show

#30 Posted by UltimateSMfan (1416 posts) - - Show Bio
@DoctorTrips said:
Not going to lie...I cried...But I give Smallville a fair amount of credit for adapting (sometimes well, sometimes bad) some DC characters who hadn't been seen in live-action before, like Booster Gold, Martian Manhunter, Hawkman, hell the Justice Society. So it introduces people to some really good classic characters in the DC imaginarium; they did miss out on some though, I always thought Etrigan the Demon would've been fun.I'll be honest I did lose all interest after Season Three, but they hooked me back in with the introduction of Green Arrow (my personal favorite superhero) and the early version of the Justice League because it felt like it was getting oh-so close to him finally putting on the red and blue. I think that Clark should have had a superhero identity way earlier at least because at some point it did feel like it was just dragging on, but I can forgive that because ten seasons is pretty impressive - especially for a live action superhero show.On the series finale: there is no such thing as a 'perfect' series finale, you'll always some things you miss and some things you don't. On a scale of 1 to 10, the finale is a solid 9; because it delivered Superman, it wrapped a lot up (not all) in terms of storylines, and it didn't raise more questions than it answered - like the Battlestar Galactica last episode (the conversation in the last scene specifically).As for something next? I'll be honest, I'd love to see a Green Arrow show, I wouldn't even care if it's set in the Smallville universe. Because Smallville did convince me you can do a character like GA, live action and it can be good and fun.Anyway those are my thoughts...
 they did Supes ORIGIN...n guys ,fine we didnt see him in full suit but the show is smallville-his origin-except the 9th season took a pretty dark turn there but the endin was a good wrap up,i wanted bruce wayne to make an appearance and would have prefered that al gough and miles miller never left the show but we got what we got,they should do a Batman origin show,like bruce wayne befor  batman wher he travels around the world learning the different martial arts techniques n advanced chemistry n different arts of detecting while having adventures on the side,obviously they couldnt call it gotham cuz bruce hardly ever was in gotham before he became batman but that wld be great plus batman's the worlds greatest detective so i bet if written well it could beat other detective shows....i dont know i think it wld be gr8,n have cameo appearances by tom welling as superman towards the end of the show n stuff,okay im gonna stop now bt srsly liked the smallville endin loved the last ten minutes nd i dont kno what to watch frm here on out,guess i'll just have to wait n see if henry cavill fits the bill nicely...
#31 Posted by Croi (163 posts) - - Show Bio

I have Season 1-7 on DVD, and I stayed glued to them, the couch was mine for three months! Of course then, Season 8 was starting up on TV and I was a little disappointed with its opening episode but I gave it a chance.
I stopped watching it soon after until Season 9.
I stopped watching that too. Just wasn't as special as the previous Seasons, again I had a conflict with its veering off course from the comic. Doomsday manifesting inside a human and Zod... well, not being Zod.
But then Season 10 came along and I stuck with it the whole way through, no matter how painful some of it was; I wanted to see Lex return, Clark fly and the suit. And when Clark changed from black to that red leather - I was thoroughly disappointed. But here are a few more disappointments:

1) 'The Blur' or the 'Superhero' as we still call him, seeing as he wasn't entirely named Superman in the finale or anything, hadn't revealed his face to the public. A major theme for the Final Season for Clark to gain the public's trust. He moved a planet, but that's still in the same ballpark of saving the day and not revealing his face.

2) G-Man, like you said, not so sure about Lex's fate. I agree. I mean, president? A 10 Year Build-up that was put under major emphasize in Season 2 that Lex and Clark would forever be enemies and they wipe his mind? Pretty much making a previous couple of Seasons irrelevant and even Clark and Lex's talk at the destroyed mansion.
So basically, Lex's return was in vain.

3) This has been a recurring complaint: The fight scenes are over too quickly. Oliver and Clark had a pretty brutish fight, and he was just a minion. Then Oliver came to the light and took out Granny Goodness, etc... with three individual arrows. Why no JL? It kinda makes their appearences in vain too if they're a giant part of Clark's destiny and M.I.A from their world about to be destroyed.
Then it came to Lionel embodying Darkseid. I admit, I liked to see John Glover (even if he wasn't THE Lionel) stick to the end. And Clark's montage of his trials was cool, and finally him being able to fly. But their fight was almost pointless.

4) I have to say, I do have a problem with the suit. Some say he didn't wear it at all, it was all CGI. I agree. I also agree with the speculation that it's just a t-shirt in the final scene. Nonetheless, he finally donned it, even if we didn't see it properly, so kudos.

The suit, the flying and Lex's return should've began at the start or mid-way through the season.

#32 Posted by DoctorTrips (127 posts) - - Show Bio
@Silkcuts: Just out of curiosity, any idea if the curse affect the people who voice Superman or is it just limited to live action?
#33 Posted by DP812 (91 posts) - - Show Bio

I really don't know how anyone can think of this as anything other than completely ridiculous. This show had some of the laziest, sloppiest writing I've ever seen in my entire life.

#34 Posted by BalrogsBain (3 posts) - - Show Bio

in an earlier thread on this site you asked the question "how would you like to see smallville end ?" and i had said something along the lines of a disaster happens which makes clark kent do the whole shirt ripping  movement reveling the "S" while the John williams score is blasting out while it fades to black, and i thought i was pretty close to what the final 1 minute of the show was. which made the whole 10 years of will he fly and will we see the suit worth it.

i would of liked to see him in the suit a bit more im trying to remember if we actually do see him in the suit or was it all CGI 
#35 Posted by NightFang (10057 posts) - - Show Bio
@Out_of_Space said:
Good article.
#36 Posted by The Poet (8336 posts) - - Show Bio

I think it was interesting. I really don't know what else they could have done.
(I don't think they could have done a Darkseid in the flesh. I mean what with not having shown other villians like Brainiac in normal appearence, so I think it was good for this show.)
all and all good show. its going to be missed.

#37 Edited by Xaviersx (83 posts) - - Show Bio

Mixed bag (SPOILERS).  As someone who watched the show from beginning to end, through its ups and downs, the show needed to end, it was running long and getting away from "Smallville" aspect to Metropolis.  Sometimes the Lois and Clark aspects felt very opera soap, but that was the emotional yolk of an adult Clark Kent.  It could have been called the Trials of Young Ka-el.

It was good to see fathers and son reinforce their bonds one last time. Definitely weighted towards fathers in the finale.

It was sad to see a major character survive one attempt on her life to die so soon after by another's hand.

It was satisfying seeing a human villain destroyed since their return had marked a darker role than their previous change of nature.

It was great seeing  Michael Rosenbaum reprise his role as Lex, bittersweet in Lex's actions and consequences.

It was strange not seeing Pete Ross for the wedding, though I understand why Lana wouldn't be directly present . . .

I didn't care too much for the main threat's takedown, but maybe they didn't want a Doomsday level knuckle buster .

I didn't like that the first major costumed display of power was I can move a small planetoid with no tight shot of doing such a feat.  People on the ground could assume he 1. punched the rock, 2. blew on the rock to move it, 3. pushed a button on its booster rockets to redirect it, 4. use mind powers to move, etc etc etc and we as the audience are wiser to the power yet stuck with the same view. 

I take it that they were sparing with the costumed affects to keep from being cheesy, . . . it takes the right person to pull of the costume.  But even from a distance, under scrutiny, Superman didn't look as good as Clark (Blur or plain clothed) and I fault the CG more so.  Clark looked great in his tux, much goes towards the Clark persona.  Aside' I still say the only way Clark in glasses is treated as different from Superman will be if Zatana enchants his glasses so people perceive him as different enough . . . .

Overall, I was satisfied.

#38 Posted by Baddamdog (2223 posts) - - Show Bio

I loved the show and will miss it a lot :(

#39 Posted by Bestostero (5618 posts) - - Show Bio

How did i forget to watch this? argh

Though I am most upset that Lana had no part in the finale season it seems...

#40 Posted by ssejllenrad (12847 posts) - - Show Bio
@Grim said:
@Om1kron said:

100% agree. I liked the first 5 seasons or so, when they were still keeping to the original idea of the show. But after that, when the logical idea would have been to have Clark leave Smallville and either explore the world or become Superman, they decided to drag it out with appearances from every hero and villain he would ever meet.  Sure, some of the Cameo episodes were cool, but all in all the last 4 seasons were just the CW milking their cash cow dry. Making Clark like the 8th hero to put on a costume? Having him save the world 20 different ways from big bads like Braniac and Doomsday before he even put on the costume?  The show basically nerfed the hell out of some of DC's greatest heroes and villains so that they could get the teen drama crowd. And as always, my biggest peeve is that if any of the millions of viewers decided they want more Superman, they cant go to the comics without getting incredibly confused about some of the key points of the Superman mythos.  i only watched it to see it end. But unlike most shows that try to wow and excite you to end it, Smallville just cleaned up some of the mess they made and gave a meager thank for watching for the last 10 years by showing you a few seconds of Tom's chest.
QFT on both!
#41 Posted by Maikel (374 posts) - - Show Bio

As mentioned in other threads. Lex made a great final stand before being brainwashed, and acted great.

Clark transforming on the rooftop looks like it was done in one take with a mobile phone, a suit from suitsupply, and the superman shirt you can buy at every comics store. You'd think with the suits they did for hawkman, aquaman, and the leather jacket of clark, as well as his matrix-outfit, they should have at least been able to get him a fitting costume. Damn 70's movies were better done with stoneage tech. And previous seasons had shots of clark flying that were decently done.

#42 Posted by Top Flight Security (142 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm happy that the show ended on a good note. The episode was far from perfect but it wasn't nearly the worst either. I was pretty stoked to get a few far far away shots of Clark in costume but they could have done better with it. But I'm guessing the logic behind not exactly showing him too well would be because Clark hasn't gotten into using his glasses as a mask very well yet. So people would see him and recognize that the "Blur" is actually Clark. I didn't want to see Tess die but I did like the way she went out.They had to bring Lex back somehow. I would've liked to have seen Pete Ross one more time but it's okay. I wish they had done more with Clark fighting Darkseid but again, not a perfect episode. Despite the issues, it still went out with a bang.

#43 Posted by They Killed Cap! (2243 posts) - - Show Bio

never was a fan
#44 Posted by Eisenheim (29 posts) - - Show Bio

Even with it's faults, I thought it was great. I felt the show ended much better than it began. 

#45 Posted by kevin88wk (46 posts) - - Show Bio

on the subject of what we can watch now , i remembered some time around last year we got a trailer for a blue beetle show but what now haven't herd of it sense 

#46 Posted by CrimsonInuTears (465 posts) - - Show Bio

Only thing worth watchin from the last ep was the last 10 min. Everything else, even Lex, felt like just filler.

#47 Posted by Sobe Cin (599 posts) - - Show Bio
@kevin88wk
The trailer for Blue Beetle was more hype for his appearance on Smallville.

I enjoyed the last show, and yes I have been disappointed with the last half of the final season, felt like it was all just filler. However I liked how the handled Darkseid, I think him being disembodied made him a little more menacing.

Clark flying. Felt more real, when he was in his tux, than when he was in the suit. I'm not sure, but I think I would have preferred he were S-shield leather jacket and pants in the end. That outfit looked better on screen than the comic book suit- and I'm sorry but the images of him in space looked like the were ripped from Superman Returns.

I loved Chloe with her son (a young Connor Hawke-didn't get a name) but we all know that who it was.

Darkseid's prophets were cool, but very glad they were gone.

I was happy that Lana and Pete were not present for the wedding. Lana's powers for one and she represented Clark's first love. Would not have felt right to have her there. As for Pete, I remember his last appearance, it sucked. Good riddance to him.

I am glad the show is done, and it did have glued to my seat. My only qualm were last few scenes of him in the suit, so all in all I would give it a 9 out of 10.
#48 Posted by KZR (487 posts) - - Show Bio

It was good in a way but too damn confusing. I'm not really bothered.

#49 Posted by Deathstoke5 (1 posts) - - Show Bio

#50 Posted by BoOMbOoMpOw (1711 posts) - - Show Bio

In my opinion this was a cheesy TV series O.o but it really surprises me that he finally became Superman .

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.