Follow

Superman

Character » Superman appears in 18939 issues.

Sent to Earth as an infant from the dying planet Krypton, Kal-El was adopted by the loving Kent family and raised in America's heartland as Clark Kent. Using his immense solar-fueled powers, he became Superman to defend mankind against all manner of threats while championing truth, justice, and the American way!

Fanboys are really underestimate our Superman in these days

• 52 results
    dorukesin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By dorukesin

like i said they are really underestimate him,they think he's nerfed but i know he's not

in my vision,he can beat the sh*t out of some fanboys and their supreme characters like that

UltimateSMfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Agreed. Though I'll concede if that fan's fav character can genuinely pose a threat to Superman, otherwise it really is laughable the amount of people who believe that certain characters can face Supes.

Avatar image for hillbillymorangie
    HillbillyMorangie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I know, superman is such a villain, bout time the other heros teamed up and van bashed all the Kryptonians to the Phantom zone, ill be rooting for Batman when the film comes out... Wait I'm rooting for Ben Affleck... First time for everything ;)

GunGunW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

It's kind of irritating because it seems like he's the only character everyone goes out of their way to "debunk". Talk about high end stuff for him you're just high balling yet you you do it for anyone else it's no problem.

Johnni_Kun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Johnni_Kun

Yes, and no. Superman losing feats are pretty vast. From someone like that of a human, all the way to someone like a God. I think that a lot of his fans are just way too sensitive about the character. (like, Batfans.) The guys is basically a god, so adding a little modesty should be such a bad thing.

Now, Shazam on the other hand, is probably the one that is more underestimated.

dorukesin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Now, Shazam on the other hand, is probably the one that is more underestimated.

AGREED.

you are pretty damn right bro.Captain Marvel and BA is much more underestimated than Supes,some people see this guys like regular humans against their characters

UltimateSMfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dorukesin: @johnni_kun: For real? From my experience on the battle forums Billy and BA are taken a lot more seriously than Superman. Imo its because of Superman's (unnecessary) weaknesses and vulnerabilities.

dorukesin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By dorukesin

@ultimatesmfan said:

@dorukesin: @johnni_kun: For real? From my experience on the battle forums Billy and BA are taken a lot more seriously than Superman. Imo its because of Superman's (unnecessary) weaknesses and vulnerabilities.

Superman doesn't have weakness bro(except kryptonite,TP) and magic can't kill him

Avatar image for consolemaster001
    consolemaster001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#9  Edited By consolemaster001

Yeah

Bezza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

The way he casually dealt with Black Adam in that clip, you could argue that Superman's abilities are occasionally over-estimated -lol! Actually I think he is pretty powerful these days in the New 52 World, which is cool with me

Avatar image for verotikryptonite
    Verotikryptonite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Verotikryptonite

Superman fans are the ones sticking to the pre written 1950's script that Superman is the end all be all of Superheroes. I've even heard the idiotic logic that states, Superman is the first, therefore he's the gee golly gosh bestest ever. By that logic an Atari is superior to PS4. Plenty of characters would make short work of the most overrated hero in the history of funny books. And any time anyone makes that statement they are bombarded by fanboys regurgitating the played out DC fanboy script . Iv'e been reading comics since the 70's and have seen how useful Clark Kent is without his powers while fighting someone on equal footing, he's a joke. That's why people who don't drink the kool-aid say a real warrior born like Thor has what it takes to destroy someone who is a non issue without his powers. I mean let's be honest Clark Kent is a simple Kansas hick that is as much a joke as matter eater lad

w0nd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

\

like i said they are really underestimate him,they think he's nerfed but i know he's not

in my vision,he can beat the sh*t out of some fanboys and their supreme characters like that

Loading Video...

In all fairness he was right up to the sun supercharging while half his teamates were killed on earth lol....

Verotikryptonite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Verotikryptonite

@dorukesin: Yea that's why two Magical beings just had their way with him. Skelator played him like a puppet on a STRING, while He-Man buried his sword in Supes chest while killing him with the same giant magical sword. Superman is hit with near nuclear blasts while shrugging it off on the regular, but was still taken down by a simple sword. Why? Because HE CAN be killed with Magic

deaditegonzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@verotikryptonite: The He-Man crossover isnt even canon. Let go of your rage, just because nobody cares about Thor, you dont have to be so mad.

dorukesin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dorukesin: Yea that's why two Magical beings just had their way with him. Skelator played him like a puppet on a STRING, while He-Man buried his sword in Supes chest while killing him with the same giant magical sword. Superman is hit with near nuclear blasts while shrugging it off on the regular, but was still taken down by a simple sword. Why? Because HE CAN be killed with Magic

so show me. he's never killed by magic in comic cannon.

i don't say magic can't hurt him.i say magic can't kill him.and like i said magic can't killed him yet

Verotikryptonite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deaditegonzo: I'm having a great time in this thread and am far from raging. I think it's yummy how hypercritical that statement is when Superman's tiny fan base love to point out the outcome of the Thor, Supes battle in JLA vs Avengers. And here I was ready to talk about Supes running away from a drunk Lobo in fear for his hillbilly life. That was in in the jumbled cluster f**k of what DCU fans call continuity. Or when he was beat to death by a generic Hulk devoid of Superspeed,bwahahahahahahah

deaditegonzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By deaditegonzo

@verotikryptonite: When has Hulk ever defeated Superman? I can think of 3 comic book appearances for those two and all 3 went in Supermans favour, because Hulk is a slow brute, who is only strong in the Marvel Universe.

Also, youre getting angry like Supes was a real person, calm down, he's only a fictional character, the most famous fictional character of all time, but a fictional character.

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

@deaditegonzo: He's talking about Doomsday as a generic Hulk. Just ignore him.

deaditegonzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dernman said:

Oh ok. Doomsday is as fast as the Flash, the Hulk is slow compared to Captain America, so his point doesnt even make sense then.

Verotikryptonite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@verotikryptonite: When has Hulk ever defeated Superman? I can think of 3 comic book appearances for those two and all 3 went in Supermans favour, because Hulk is a slow brute, who is only strong in the Marvel Universe.

I said a generic Hulk devoid of superspeed silly. (DOOMSDAY)

You know the rip off that kicked his A$$ and killed him with brute force alone. And that DD could only jump

Verotikryptonite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Also, youre getting angry like Supes was a real person, calm down, he's only a fictional character, the most famous fictional character of all time, but a fictional character.

But....but those three comics are not in continuity

dorukesin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By dorukesin

@verotikryptonite: wait wait are you comparing Superman with Hulk ?

send me a pm and make a CaV.I can beat your Comic Hulk with Smallville Superman

Verotikryptonite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

send me a pm and make a CaV.I can beat your Hulk with Smallville Superman

I would never compare an original hero to Super Retcon Man. How about the weakest Hulk from the 80's against the original Superman, Who was weaker than Spiderman, Slower than Quicksilver, And far from invulnerable. You know before Marvel created better comics and DC's only defense was to make Superman insanely overpowered.

dorukesin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dorukesin said:

I would never compare an original hero to Super Retcon Man. How about the weakest Hulk from the 80's against the original Superman, Who was weaker than Spiderman, Slower than Quicksilver, And far from invulnerable. You know before Marvel created better comics and DC's only defense was to make Superman insanely overpowered.

we are talking about powers and capabilities on these topic bro.i don't make a popularity threat

Verotikryptonite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Verotikryptonite

@verotikryptonite said:

@dorukesin said:

we are talking about powers and capabilities on these topic bro.i don't make a popularity threat

You invited me to debate something from Smallville, just stating why that would never happen( BRO)

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@w0nd said:

\

@dorukesin said:

Loading Video...

In all fairness he was right up to the sun supercharging while half his teamates were killed on earth lol....

Also the entire battle was faked

SOG7dc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

User Lists: 10

Lol this is the true definition of an internet troll.

Avatar image for wishiwassuperman
    WIshIWasSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

@verotikryptonite: See - this right here is my problem and gets me entering these types of discussions. You've jumped into a thread that has been placed specifically into the Superman forum for the purpose of being antagonistic. OK - you think the character is overpowered or overrated or whatever. That's fine - but thus far you've been intentionally argumentative (with poorly formed arguments) for no apparent reason. If you don't like the character - don't go into threads about him. It's that simple. That's how forums like this can operate peacefully - because people choose to be mature and not intentionally start arguments and avoid threads about topics and characters that they don't like. It's not a hard thing to do.

Now - I admit I've made a claim there regarding the quality of your arguments, which I guess to be fair I should back up.

Superman fans are the ones sticking to the pre written 1950's script that Superman is the end all be all of Superheroes. I've even heard the idiotic logic that states, Superman is the first, therefore he's the gee golly gosh bestest ever. By that logic an Atari is superior to PS4. Plenty of characters would make short work of the most overrated hero in the history of funny books. And any time anyone makes that statement they are bombarded by fanboys regurgitating the played out DC fanboy script . Iv'e been reading comics since the 70's and have seen how useful Clark Kent is without his powers while fighting someone on equal footing, he's a joke. That's why people who don't drink the kool-aid say a real warrior born like Thor has what it takes to destroy someone who is a non issue without his powers. I mean let's be honest Clark Kent is a simple Kansas hick that is as much a joke as matter eater lad

Superman IS the first and is (one of) DC's primary flagship characters - ergo when the opportunity comes up, they're going to ensure he's seen to be top dog. That may mean they power him up, include some ridiculous PIS or whatever, but that's what will happen. Don't like it? Fine - don't buy their comics (based on your responses I assume you're not really into DC). Your analogy is flawed too, as the Atari is a set piece of hardware without change to keep up with modern technology. Superman as a character has undergone multiple evolutionary stages, a more suitable comparison for the character is the PSOne to the PS4, which illustrates how the character has been changed, molded and revised based on current trends and modern story telling. This however doesn't help you prove a point, so of course you ignore these facets (for this post at least). Maybe a better analogy is like the NES or Master System? That seems to be a bit more along the lines of the point you wanted to make, while adhering to a more relative process. Since you're arguing against Superman, I'd suggest picking the Master System as Sega eventually had to concede in making consoles - whereas Nintendo are still very popular. Although since they aren't trying to make the best quality graphics or whatever when compared to say a PS4 - maybe that suits your purposes as well... and then compare the Nintendo/Sega Superman evolution to, whichever Marvel character you consider to be a PS4. As for your final assertion - you obviously skipped later comics that had de-powered, or even super-powered Clark Kent, learning combat skills from Batman, WW and Mongul, have him saving people while de-powered still, suiting up in armor and actually saving Batman, or using said combat skills against other Kryptonians to ensure a quick and effective fight to name a couple of examples.

Pointed out - non-canon. But that aside - it's a specific story being told. Similarly he gets stabbed in the heart by a knife in Action Comics #26 and keeps going on as if nothing has happened. Also, (and this is speculation) I'm guessing he's not actually "dead". As for Skeletor - he had control over the entire league - so what? I'm missing the point this is trying to prove. We already know he is vulnerable to magic and mind control/TP abilities. This isn't proving anything to the point you seemed to be wanting to make - that he could be killed with magic - which as correctly stated hasn't occurred "in-canon". Also, since the creative team aren't Superman related, and they aren't telling a "Superman" specific story - actual historical and continuity events and abilities wouldn't be used correctly - for any of the characters.

@deaditegonzo: I'm having a great time in this thread and am far from raging. I think it's yummy how hypercritical that statement is when Superman's tiny fan base love to point out the outcome of the Thor, Supes battle in JLA vs Avengers. And here I was ready to talk about Supes running away from a drunk Lobo in fear for his hillbilly life. That was in in the jumbled cluster f**k of what DCU fans call continuity. Or when he was beat to death by a generic Hulk devoid of Superspeed,bwahahahahahahah

Superman has a pretty large fanbase, usually considered one of the most popular characters out there. His comic sales indicate he's relatively popular, as does constant merchandise sales, and his most recent film would indicate a certain degree of popularity as well. The Supe's VS Thor battle from JLA vs Avengers is was actually considered canon for a time, so that argument was perfectly valid, at least to a certain extent. and Doomsday HAS superspeed - he tagged Flash without too much trouble, who is officially faster than any character, in DC or Marvel universes. As for the Lobo reference - really? Like, that is a ridiculous argument to try and make. Plus Lobo as a character IS intentionally made as strong as Superman - plus he's immortal. Plus at the time Superman wasn't himself - he was under the influence of the Eradicator and had a different goal in mind - and it's revealed he ends up faking his "death" to Lobo to get rid of him. And Lobo finds a stash of Kryptonite... I can't imagine what sort of argument you wanted to form by bringing up that fight? Which is well outside of continuity now anyway. (Yes, DC reboots all the time, blah, blah, blah - I'll say it so you don't have to).

@deaditegonzo said:

You know the rip off that kicked his A$$ and killed him with brute force alone. And that DD could only jump

@deaditegonzo had already advised that he HAD super speed - read the post directly above yours. Next time check facts. The fact DD is only able to jump (miles at a time) is irrelevant. Hulk is the same last time I checked. And Superman used his flight to an advantage if you read the fight. DD was simply too strong.

@deaditegonzo said:

Poor argument since it was an obvious miss-communication that you were made an error in, which you just flat out refuse to acknowledge. This is where your credibility is pretty much completely gone and your intent to be an antagonist is clear, since this is just a really mocking and immature post.

@dorukesin said:

He actually said to start a Challenge a Viner thread, stating he could beat "your Hulk" (by which I assume he means any version of Hulk) with Superman from Smallville (no where the most powerful "version" of Superman, and I assume from the TV series), aiming to show that you don't know enough - which I have no idea about personally. "Super Retcon Man" is interesting since Marvel have been retconning their heroes since the 60's. I mean How many times has Captain America "died"? How many stories have been relegated to non 616 universes? House of M? Civil War? Spider-Man being chosen by a totem god and creating his own cocoon? Hulk himself has been shown to go through so many stages and power levels... Sorry, but THAT is the height of hypocritical statements in this thread. And what do you mean by "original hero"? As in the Hulk was an original character? Or do you mean his "original" version - because that was never specified as a requirement. Also your counter-proposition is just as intentionally one-sided, choosing two characters separated by almost 50 years of comic evolution. Also, to state the golden age Superman is "weaker than Spider-Man" requires some sort of evidence. Same as the claims about his speed. Show at least a reason for these claims. As a point of reference, here is a great list of strength and speed feats for GA Supe's specifically. http://www.narutoforums.com/showthread.php?t=298562. Not saying these are better than "80's Hulk" - on that I have no idea. It's also interesting you want to specify a version of Superman (basically his weakest) but don't specify a version of the comparative claims (Spider-Man from the 60's? or Spider-Man from today?) Also isn't the "weakest Hulk" the Grey Hulk? 70 tons I believe was his maximum lifting capacity. Or are you referring to the TV show Hulk from then? At least however here you've acknowledged that the characters have changed and evolved over time.

Your last statement is just as offensive to my sense of fairness and logic in that it completely disregards the reality of what was happening in comics at the time, how and why Marvel was even able to create any characters in the 60's, and ignores Marvel's intentional 'one-up-manship' over the DC characters and heroes, such as Superman himself. Sentry? Hyperion? There's two examples of Marvel attempting to one-up Superman himself - not counting the other list of rip-off characters. Also unlike DC, Marvel was introducing characters that hadn't been around for the last 20 years. DC on the other hand were just writing new stories and continuing the tradition that they began. The Silver Age of comics was bad for LOTS of characters - hell that's when Hulk lost to Batman for goodness sake.... No argument, about anything, should ever be based on the Silver Age, and should never try and level a finger for one company copying another - since both are equally guilty.

@dorukesin said:

@verotikryptonite said:

@dorukesin said:

You invited me to debate something from Smallville, just stating why that would never happen( BRO)

And again just being intentionally antagonistic (using the "Bro" at then end).

MY point is this - if you see a thread about a character you don't like - maybe don't go into it, especially if that characters "fanboys" annoy you, as you're asking for an argument and are basically setting it up to start a flame war. If you DO choose to engage said fanboys in a debate or argument - get your facts correct first, don't just be intentionally antagonistic, try not to be a hypocrite (especially if that's one of YOUR own complaints) by using double-standards in your arguments, and don't pick and choose things and ignore times where it's already been pointed out that there was a miscommunication or mistake (especially if it's yours), and don't overtly mock the people you're debating.

Verotikryptonite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@verotikryptonite: See - this right here is my problem and gets me entering these types of discussions. You've jumped into a thread that has been placed specifically into the Superman forum for the purpose of being antagonistic. OK - you think the character is overpowered or overrated or whatever. That's fine - but thus far you've been intentionally argumentative (with poorly formed arguments) for no apparent reason. If you don't like the character - don't go into threads about him. It's that simple. That's how forums like this can operate peacefully - because people choose to be mature and not intentionally start arguments and avoid threads about topics and characters that they don't like. It's not a hard thing to do.

Now - I admit I've made a claim there regarding the quality of your arguments, which I guess to be fair I should back up.

@verotikryptonite said:

Superman IS the first and is (one of) DC's primary flagship characters - ergo when the opportunity comes up, they're going to ensure he's seen to be top dog. That may mean they power him up, include some ridiculous PIS or whatever, but that's what will happen. Don't like it? Fine - don't buy their comics (based on your responses I assume you're not really into DC). Your analogy is flawed too, as the Atari is a set piece of hardware without change to keep up with modern technology. Superman as a character has undergone multiple evolutionary stages, a more suitable comparison for the character is the PSOne to the PS4, which illustrates how the character has been changed, molded and revised based on current trends and modern story telling. This however doesn't help you prove a point, so of course you ignore these facets (for this post at least). Maybe a better analogy is like the NES or Master System? That seems to be a bit more along the lines of the point you wanted to make, while adhering to a more relative process. Since you're arguing against Superman, I'd suggest picking the Master System as Sega eventually had to concede in making consoles - whereas Nintendo are still very popular. Although since they aren't trying to make the best quality graphics or whatever when compared to say a PS4 - maybe that suits your purposes as well... and then compare the Nintendo/Sega Superman evolution to, whichever Marvel character you consider to be a PS4. As for your final assertion - you obviously skipped later comics that had de-powered, or even super-powered Clark Kent, learning combat skills from Batman, WW and Mongul, have him saving people while de-powered still, suiting up in armor and actually saving Batman, or using said combat skills against other Kryptonians to ensure a quick and effective fight to name a couple of examples.

@verotikryptonite said:

Pointed out - non-canon. But that aside - it's a specific story being told. Similarly he gets stabbed in the heart by a knife in Action Comics #26 and keeps going on as if nothing has happened. Also, (and this is speculation) I'm guessing he's not actually "dead". As for Skeletor - he had control over the entire league - so what? I'm missing the point this is trying to prove. We already know he is vulnerable to magic and mind control/TP abilities. This isn't proving anything to the point you seemed to be wanting to make - that he could be killed with magic - which as correctly stated hasn't occurred "in-canon". Also, since the creative team aren't Superman related, and they aren't telling a "Superman" specific story - actual historical and continuity events and abilities wouldn't be used correctly - for any of the characters.

@verotikryptonite said:

Superman has a pretty large fanbase, usually considered one of the most popular characters out there. His comic sales indicate he's relatively popular, as does constant merchandise sales, and his most recent film would indicate a certain degree of popularity as well. The Supe's VS Thor battle from JLA vs Avengers is was actually considered canon for a time, so that argument was perfectly valid, at least to a certain extent. and Doomsday HAS superspeed - he tagged Flash without too much trouble, who is officially faster than any character, in DC or Marvel universes. As for the Lobo reference - really? Like, that is a ridiculous argument to try and make. Plus Lobo as a character IS intentionally made as strong as Superman - plus he's immortal. Plus at the time Superman wasn't himself - he was under the influence of the Eradicator and had a different goal in mind - and it's revealed he ends up faking his "death" to Lobo to get rid of him. And Lobo finds a stash of Kryptonite... I can't imagine what sort of argument you wanted to form by bringing up that fight? Which is well outside of continuity now anyway. (Yes, DC reboots all the time, blah, blah, blah - I'll say it so you don't have to).

@verotikryptonite said:

@deaditegonzo said:

@deaditegonzo had already advised that he HAD super speed - read the post directly above yours. Next time check facts. The fact DD is only able to jump (miles at a time) is irrelevant. Hulk is the same last time I checked. And Superman used his flight to an advantage if you read the fight. DD was simply too strong.

@verotikryptonite said:

@deaditegonzo said:

Poor argument since it was an obvious miss-communication that you were made an error in, which you just flat out refuse to acknowledge. This is where your credibility is pretty much completely gone and your intent to be an antagonist is clear, since this is just a really mocking and immature post.

@verotikryptonite said:

@dorukesin said:

He actually said to start a Challenge a Viner thread, stating he could beat "your Hulk" (by which I assume he means any version of Hulk) with Superman from Smallville (no where the most powerful "version" of Superman, and I assume from the TV series), aiming to show that you don't know enough - which I have no idea about personally. "Super Retcon Man" is interesting since Marvel have been retconning their heroes since the 60's. I mean How many times has Captain America "died"? How many stories have been relegated to non 616 universes? House of M? Civil War? Spider-Man being chosen by a totem god and creating his own cocoon? Hulk himself has been shown to go through so many stages and power levels... Sorry, but THAT is the height of hypocritical statements in this thread. And what do you mean by "original hero"? As in the Hulk was an original character? Or do you mean his "original" version - because that was never specified as a requirement. Also your counter-proposition is just as intentionally one-sided, choosing two characters separated by almost 50 years of comic evolution. Also, to state the golden age Superman is "weaker than Spider-Man" requires some sort of evidence. Same as the claims about his speed. Show at least a reason for these claims. As a point of reference, here is a great list of strength and speed feats for GA Supe's specifically. http://www.narutoforums.com/showthread.php?t=298562. Not saying these are better than "80's Hulk" - on that I have no idea. It's also interesting you want to specify a version of Superman (basically his weakest) but don't specify a version of the comparative claims (Spider-Man from the 60's? or Spider-Man from today?) Also isn't the "weakest Hulk" the Grey Hulk? 70 tons I believe was his maximum lifting capacity. Or are you referring to the TV show Hulk from then? At least however here you've acknowledged that the characters have changed and evolved over time.

Your last statement is just as offensive to my sense of fairness and logic in that it completely disregards the reality of what was happening in comics at the time, how and why Marvel was even able to create any characters in the 60's, and ignores Marvel's intentional 'one-up-manship' over the DC characters and heroes, such as Superman himself. Sentry? Hyperion? There's two examples of Marvel attempting to one-up Superman himself - not counting the other list of rip-off characters. Also unlike DC, Marvel was introducing characters that hadn't been around for the last 20 years. DC on the other hand were just writing new stories and continuing the tradition that they began. The Silver Age of comics was bad for LOTS of characters - hell that's when Hulk lost to Batman for goodness sake.... No argument, about anything, should ever be based on the Silver Age, and should never try and level a finger for one company copying another - since both are equally guilty.

@verotikryptonite said:

@dorukesin said:

@verotikryptonite said:

@dorukesin said:

MY point is this - if you see a thread about a character you don't like - maybe don't go into it, especially if that characters "fanboys" annoy you, as you're asking for an argument and are basically setting it up to start a flame war. If you DO choose to engage said fanboys in a debate or argument - get your facts correct first, don't just be intentionally antagonistic, try not to be a hypocrite (especially if that's one of YOUR own complaints) by using double-standards in your arguments, and don't pick and choose things and ignore times where it's already been pointed out that there was a miscommunication or mistake (especially if it's yours), and don't overtly mock the people you're debating.

I'm sorry that was a bit much to take in, would you mind breaking all that down into a single word for me. I have a short attention span, and you completely lost me in the labyrinth of your first two words

WIshIWasSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@verotikryptonite: Thank you... I like knowing my assessment of someone is right - you've proving that beyond a shadow of a doubt for the moment.

dum529001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By dum529001

hmm.....

Verotikryptonite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wishiwassuperman: Oh yea, you're a highly skilled Jedi warrior when it comes to comic book philosophy, I was in awe of your ability to put a series of letters together to form entire words, which to my amazement grew into multiple sentences. And I know with utter absolution that you were indeed trying to make a point.

Avatar image for thecheesestabber
    TheCheeseStabber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

HEY! A good game of Pong is a worthy contestant to any PS4 Game :P

Verotikryptonite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Verotikryptonite

@mitran said:

@verotikryptonite said:

@wishiwassuperman: Oh yea, you're a highly skilled Jedi warrior when it comes to comic book philosophy, I was in awe of your ability to put a series of letters together to form entire words, which to my amazement grew into multiple sentences. And I know with utter absolution that you were indeed trying to make a point.

But you said you couldn't read it.

I agree. I smell deception

WIshIWasSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You've proven you're capable of sarcasm - good for you - it wasn't painfully obvious earlier. I'm not interested in a flame war. If you want to actually discuss something with sound reasoning and intelligence, let me know. Until then however, I honestly don't think you're worth any more of my time. At least the last guy I had a debate with was capable of logical and sound reasoning for his opinions and statements. All you've done in this thread is sprouted nonsense and made claims you can't (or at least won't) back-up, and been shown to be wrong at least a couple of times over. If you want to keep coming off like nothing more than an internet troll, be my guest - but you can do it at someone else's expense.

Verotikryptonite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mitran said:

@verotikryptonite said:

@mitran said:

@verotikryptonite said:

Oh yea, you're a highly skilled Jedi warrior when it comes to comic book philosophy, I was in awe of your ability to put a series of letters together to form entire words, which to my amazement grew into multiple sentences. And I know with utter absolution that you were indeed trying to make a point.

Those damn mind tricks.

Those might be the worst kind, Idk, that's an intense debate for another thread. And I'm not sure I want to be part of it.

Verotikryptonite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@verotikryptonite said:

You've proven you're capable of sarcasm - good for you - it wasn't painfully obvious earlier. I'm not interested in a flame war. If you want to actually discuss something with sound reasoning and intelligence, let me know. Until then however, I honestly don't think you're worth any more of my time. At least the last guy I had a debate with was capable of logical and sound reasoning for his opinions and statements. All you've done in this thread is sprouted nonsense and made claims you can't (or at least won't) back-up, and been shown to be wrong at least a couple of times over. If you want to keep coming off like nothing more than an internet troll, be my guest - but you can do it at someone else's expense.

Well I guess there's nothing left with the exception of wishing you well on your quest of becoming Superman, so like, good luck with that

cameron83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

#40  Edited By cameron83

@deaditegonzo said:

@dernman said:

Oh ok. Doomsday is as fast as the Flash, the Hulk is slow compared to Captain America, so his point doesnt even make sense then.

Doomsday is as fast as the Flash?? And the Hulk is only strong in Marvel??

That's like saying Flash is only fast in DC,when in reality he's one of the fastest characters in comics. I am not disagreeing with you or trying to contradict you,I just wanted to know your view. I also think that the Hulk is far faster than Cap,but that part might possibly be true. I am not too knowledgeable on The Hulk. It's kind of lowballing them a bit too much. Especially things like saying "nobody cares about Thor?". I mean,things like this are kind of too.....well,they just seem like insults or with intent to disrespect the character (not going to assume that that's what happened) and they are just plain false.

EDIT:

Apparently Doomsday IS as fast as the Flash,but that seems a bit....silly.

And I consider Hulk far stronger and such than Doomsday,but that is completely irrelevant and off-topic on my part,so.....

cameron83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By cameron83

@verotikryptonite said:

@verotikryptonite said:

@verotikryptonite said:

@verotikryptonite said:

@deaditegonzo said:

@verotikryptonite said:

@deaditegonzo said:

@verotikryptonite said:

@dorukesin said:

@verotikryptonite said:

@dorukesin said:

@verotikryptonite said:

@dorukesin said:

You see,this is probably the most well-thought out post in this thread. Especially since it doesn't try to be petty and incredibly biased and such by disrespecting other characters (including Superman),which some people on this thread have done (others have also given some good ones as well). It seems to come from a more objective position,not a biased one. Good post and good points.

However,I personally see nothing wrong with retcons (as long as they are done right,which I think Marvel has done greatly...and DC has fixed up their history pretty nicely was well),however,I don't think that you were knocking them,I just think that you were calling him out on his hypocrisies,inconsistencies,etc.

Anyway,this is a great post.

WIshIWasSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You see,this is probably the most well-thought out post in this thread. Especially since it doesn't try to be petty and incredibly biased and such by disrespecting other characters (including Superman),which some people on this thread have done (others have also given some good ones as well). It seems to come from a more objective position,not a biased one. Good post and good points.

However,I personally see nothing wrong with retcons (as long as they are done right,which I think Marvel has done greatly...and DC has fixed up their history pretty nicely was well),however,I don't think that you were knocking them,I just think that you were calling him out on his hypocrisies,inconsistencies,etc.

Thank you - I appreciate that feedback. And yes - I wasn't knocking retcons - I just don't like the double-standard that seems to get applied between Marvel and DC and their respective approaches. I'm all for them in fact and believe they're necessary for the medium to survive. I mean how else can we expect these stories to last so long and keep providing us entertainment with these characters, whether they're 75 years old (like my man Supe's) or even the "younger" characters like Spidey or Hulk. It's vital for the medium to do reboots and retcon IMO - and like you, I like them when they're done well.

cameron83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cameron83 said:

Thank you - I appreciate that feedback. And yes - I wasn't knocking retcons - I just don't like the double-standard that seems to get applied between Marvel and DC and their respective approaches. I'm all for them in fact and believe they're necessary for the medium to survive. I mean how else can we expect these stories to last so long and keep providing us entertainment with these characters, whether they're 75 years old (like my man Supe's) or even the "younger" characters like Spidey or Hulk. It's vital for the medium to do reboots and retcon IMO - and like you, I like them when they're done well.

I completely agree. And you're welcome :)

Verotikryptonite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mitran said:

@verotikryptonite said:

@mitran said:

@verotikryptonite said:

@mitran said:

@verotikryptonite said:

Oh yea, you're a highly skilled Jedi warrior when it comes to comic book philosophy, I was in awe of your ability to put a series of letters together to form entire words, which to my amazement grew into multiple sentences. And I know with utter absolution that you were indeed trying to make a point.

Those damn mind tricks.

Those might be the worst kind, Idk, that's an intense debate for another thread. And I'm not sure I want to be part of it.

Why not? You should make one.

I really want to, it's just the enormity of creating something with that many moving part's. The amount of time it would take to create something of that scale while trying to maintain a sense of humility is really all that's stopping me

Verotikryptonite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mitran said:

@verotikryptonite said:

@mitran said:

@verotikryptonite said:

@mitran said:

@verotikryptonite said:

@mitran said:

@verotikryptonite said:

Those damn mind tricks.

Why not? You should make one.

I really want to, it's just the enormity of creating something with that many moving part's. The amount of time it would take to create something of that scale while trying to maintain a sense of humility is really all that's stopping me

Lame.

Disco

WIshIWasSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dondave said:

@w0nd said:

\

@dorukesin said:

Loading Video...

Faked? I haven't played through the game and story properly (or followed the comics either) - please explain?

As I understood it he was basically a blood lusted Superman having been tricked into killing Lois himself (THIS is why Injustice's premise annoyed me to no ends - come up with a different idea already!!!) - so no more Mr Nice Guy, no holding back and basically he's just completely letting loose - which normally means he'd wipe the floor with Darkseid (who's an actual God) - so to me, wiping out BA like that is perfectly acceptable (also considering yeah - he was just hovering in front of the sun - although he didn't technically sun-dip, so any over-charge would be limited technically).

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By dondave

@dondave said:

@w0nd said:

\

@dorukesin said:

Loading Video...

Faked? I haven't played through the game and story properly (or followed the comics either) - please explain?

As I understood it he was basically a blood lusted Superman having been tricked into killing Lois himself (THIS is why Injustice's premise annoyed me to no ends - come up with a different idea already!!!) - so no more Mr Nice Guy, no holding back and basically he's just completely letting loose - which normally means he'd wipe the floor with Darkseid (who's an actual God) - so to me, wiping out BA like that is perfectly acceptable (also considering yeah - he was just hovering in front of the sun - although he didn't technically sun-dip, so any over-charge would be limited technically).

The whole battle shown in that video was faked by the heroes and Lex Luthor so that they could trick Brainiac. For example in the video Black Adam kills Hal Jordan but in actuality he was fine and was able to fight Brainiac later.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.