Follow

Superman

Character » Superman appears in 18942 issues.

Sent to Earth as an infant from the dying planet Krypton, Kal-El was adopted by the loving Kent family and raised in America's heartland as Clark Kent. Using his immense solar-fueled powers, he became Superman to defend mankind against all manner of threats while championing truth, justice, and the American way!

Evil Superman clone

Titanbreaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

I know I know. DONE TO DEATH. But please hear me out. So in TAS of Superman, the man of steel is taken by Darkseid and brainwashed and given a fab new evil outfit and told to go off as a general for his forces. Why not build on that and make Darkseid have a clone of Superman in that look and armour be a general?

Would people want/like that idea or is it too cliche to have any kind of evil Superman these days? (And yet DC will never stop with it.)

UltimateSMfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

The Earth 2 book before imo it took a turn for the worse dealt with exactly this.

Avatar image for heavenlydarkdragon
    HeavenlyDarkDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You're right. It has been done.

Too many times actually. More recently on Earth-2 with the Superman evil clone, turned Darkseid follower.

So doing it again would come up to nothing, but negative feedback.

But maybe switching Earth-0 Superman with Earth-10 nazi Overman, would be far more interesting. To see how both would handle living in each counterpart Earth. Not only how they would react but also how the world would react to them.

That or bring new characters that are powerwise much like Superman, and see them try to surpass Superman. And what they would do reach that.

Just my 2cents on the matter.

Titanbreaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@ultimatesmfan@heavenlydarkdragon Thank you both for informing me of this recent take on an idea. I was unaware it had been done in yet another form of media. I liked the idea of a Kryptonian being under Darkseid's rule as it shows his ability to control but also his raw power, if the guy has a Superman level general who is no match for him it clearly places Darkseid above Superman.

Agree with Heavenlydarkdragon, introducing new characters equal to or those who surpass Superman is probably the way to go, and while I am told the NEW 52 had tried doing that they need to be kept relevant or be seen as a one time deal who quickly fades from fan memory next to Superman's classic roster.

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 12

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for heavenlydarkdragon
    HeavenlyDarkDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@titanbreaker said:

@ultimatesmfan@heavenlydarkdragon Thank you both for informing me of this recent take on an idea. I was unaware it had been done in yet another form of media. I liked the idea of a Kryptonian being under Darkseid's rule as it shows his ability to control but also his raw power, if the guy has a Superman level general who is no match for him it clearly places Darkseid above Superman.

Agree with Heavenlydarkdragon, introducing new characters equal to or those who surpass Superman is probably the way to go, and while I am told the NEW 52 had tried doing that they need to be kept relevant or be seen as a one time deal who quickly fades from fan memory next to Superman's classic roster.

Darkseid above Superman, humm..... I wouldn't go that far.

In Earth-2 Darkseid used that Earth Superman own unwillingness to go all out to beat him. Superman by himself has been shown he can stop and entire army of Parademons and even Darkseid top generals like Stephenwolf like they're nothing. But of course if you create a clone of him, that he was able to program to be totally loyal to him, then Darkseid has the ultimate weapon.

Has you can see in these scans...

No Caption Provided

Here he was so worried about Steppenwolf killing Diana, he got himself beaten. All this could've been avoided had he not been thinking on how Lois died when the first firepits erupted all over the world. He saw in advance that Diana was so focused on the battle she didn't even noticed a boom tube opening behind her, and if he had just gone all out he might have stopped the traggedy of that day.

No Caption Provided

Here's Superman evil clone taking out Steppenwolf like he was nothing. While he was under the disguise of one of Darkseid top enforcers named Bruttal.

No Caption Provided

Even the way he used his powers, showed far more control and skill that any other Superman shown before. He could use his heat vision just like Darkseid uses his Omega beams. He was faster and off course more ruthless.

Now. Was he more powerful because he was some engineered clone?! Doubt it. To me it was a simple matter of Earth-0 and Earth-2 original Superman never really bothered to train themselves till they reached their limits. A thing clearly seen at least with Earth-0 Superman, when he was training in the Block to try and find out what his limits were. And he never even reached them nor did he follow through with the training, claiming, he had to return to his duties and his regular life.

So in one moment we have Superman questioning Dr Veritas, about his powers, if she thought his powers were still growing or if he had reached his maximum potential. And if he hadn't then the need to explore those limits and then... Nothing. We never again saw him train or exploring anything.

And then he comes against Apollo (the greek god) gets blasted with his sun beams, which take Superman power level to a new hight, beats Apollo with one move, and then we see him sitting on the moon, we see him talking through his JL communicator to Bruce, and to which Bruce questions Superman why he had just flown 300 times around the Earth, and Superman says he was just trying to lose some of his energy, that had become much greater than he was used to. He even said to Bruce that it felt like all his life he had been a cup half-full. Bruce even says this "You really don't know much about your powers, do you?" to which Kal answers "How can I? It's not like kryptonians have lived on Earth forever. There has been no precedent before."

When I read those lines I was like "Man. Here we go. Writing Superman has being dumb or simply stupid". How could he know?! How about continuing his training, that would've helped. Kryptonians hadn't lived on Earth since god knows how long?! Strangely enough Jor-El was smart enough to theorize the effects of yellow sunlight on kryptonian physiology without ever been on Earth, and he was right about them.

Zearing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By Zearing

But maybe switching Earth-0 Superman with Earth-10 Nazi Overman, would be far more interesting. To see how both would handle living in each counterpart Earth. Not only how they would react but also how the world would react to them.

I like this idea. A lot.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.