Follow

Superman

Character » Superman appears in 18939 issues.

Sent to Earth as an infant from the dying planet Krypton, Kal-El was adopted by the loving Kent family and raised in America's heartland as Clark Kent. Using his immense solar-fueled powers, he became Superman to defend mankind against all manner of threats while championing truth, justice, and the American way!

Even More Superman Unchained Delays

• 91 results
    Kal'smahboi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#51  Edited By Kal'smahboi

I'm still gonna buy and read it. When you're talking about a pastime that you have to wait monthly between issues, an irregular schedule doesn't bother me that much.

Sovereign91001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

Only what, a few months in delays? Still doing better than the comic that shall not be named by Miller and Lee.

That said I'm still a bit bummed and I understand how it's hard for some people to keep interest in a title that (for whatever reason) can't ship on time. As far as the Super line is going, I'm enjoying Superman/Wonder Woman for the time being so I'm not too ticked about it.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

@sandman_ said:

Book is pretty meh anyway. Action is better.

I've found a lot more dissenters for Action Comics are coming forward now. From criticising Lana being a carbon copy of Lois to the villains being generic and stale, there are some criticisms for this title now.

SandMan_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#54  Edited By SandMan_

@lvenger: no one said it was perfect, but it is something that Superman books haven't been in a while, fun. I don't see no Laois clone, that's just Saren expecting it to be something it ain't. But nitpicky. But the book so far has been universally loved by everyone.

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
    deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is the only superman book I like so its worth the wait I guess.

2cool4fun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

@lvenger: Hey it's better to know, then to wait for something that is not coming. I would have been more devastated if I found out in a comic book shop.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By Lvenger

@sandman_: But you said that the book was universally loved yet you also said that no said it was perfect. Too confusing for my head :P Kidding aside, I do agree even though I prefer Unchained. As of the latest issue, Pak has brought strong characterisation and positive writing to the forefront of the series. Hell I might pick up issue 29 if my Unchained comics aren't sent to me.

@2cool4fun Yeah I guess a heads up is better than finding out the issue you waited for isn't out yet.

staypuffed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

I love Snyder and Jim Lee, and I love this series, but I agree that the delays are frustrating. I'm willing to wait, but come on...

ColaNicole

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#59  Edited By ColaNicole
    HolySerpent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

@lvenger: You know I a superman fan. But his new52 comics are crap. Although I haven't read smallville. I just can't get in to any of them. I just read his old stuff now

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@holyserpent: That's fine, there are plenty more excellent Pre Flashpoint stories to look into as well. Which ones are you on at the moment?

HolySerpent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

@lvenger: right now I'm finishing Birthright, Escape from Bizarro World, and Godfall

Avatar image for transformers1024
    Transformers1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Really happy that I didn't but this on my pull list with all the delays. Plus I've heard it's a pretty mediocre story which means it will probably be better to read in trades.

SilverPool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah... I'm gonna get rid of my Superman Unchained issues and maybe get the volume when it comes out if it improves. The series is just so....average, which is annoying with one of my favorite writers and favorite artists on board.

Jbreen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

To be honest I am not disappointed with the delays because I knew they would happen, it would of been awesome for the issues to come out on time but at no point did I think the series was going to. So far I think the series is ok, obviously the delays have hindered it and has made the story a bit disjointed, I am sure it will read much better once you can read all the issues all at once.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm bumping this thread AGAIN because I've found out there are even MORE Superman Unchained delays. I'm getting very aggravated with Snyder and Lee now. I might pester them on Twitter about this. Anyway, check the OP to see the new updates in the Superman Unchained delays. I'll do them here as well just in case:

OK people, it's official. Superman Unchained will have taken OVER a year to finish a 9 issue arc. My disappointment has been raised considerably as a result of this performance from DC. Both from Lee being the culprit in not finishing his issues on time and Snyder for not doing anything about it.

2cool4fun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

@lvenger: Okay now they are just f-ing with us on purpose.

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This book is no longer worth getting upset over. DC should just All Star Batman this thing.

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By kidchipotle

@z3ro180: No we don't. Where do you see that?

z3ro180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@z3ro180 said:

@arturocalakayvee: and leave the story unfinished. To that I say HELL NO

At this point I'd rather them scrap it until Lee settles down because the delays are so annoying.

Avatar image for thefirstlantern
    TheFirstLantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

ugh first Batman/Superman #8 now all of these, jesus christ. I am on the verge. Luckily I've got the past three Pak Action Comics issues to read this coming week.

Avatar image for pperspectiveandreality
    Pperspectiveandreality

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I skimmed through issues 1-5 tonight and realized I had forgotten most of the key elements of the story. These delays have most certainly harmed the reading experience and I feel that, at the end if this story, I will not have fond memories. Hopefully Snyder and Lee blow me away. With all these delays this ought to be a finely crafted, well written and well drawn masterpiece. No excuses for mediocrity anymore.

TheFirstLantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By TheFirstLantern

Superman Unchained pushed back to March 19

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By Lvenger

@lvenger

@thefirstlantern said:

No Caption Provided

Seriously though, why is this happening? This damn issue has been pushed back more than enough and now it's gone back another blasted week? Grrr Snyder (shakes fist menacingly in the air)

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger said:

Seriously though, why is this happening? This damn issue has been pushed back more than enough and now it's gone back another blasted week? Grrr Snyder (shakes fist menacingly in the air)

Man, I don't know what to say about it. These delays are honestly making me hate the series. :\

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arturocalakayvee: If it weren't for the fact that Unchained brought back my trust in what Superman could and should be after I saw Man of Steel, I'd be of the same mindset in all honesty.

Pperspectiveandreality

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thefirstlantern said:

Where is the sense of urgency? I feel that DC should mark this issue down to 0.99 cents for all the delays.

TheFirstLantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thefirstlantern said:

Where is the sense of urgency? I feel that DC should mark this issue down to 0.99 cents for all the delays.

@lvenger said:

Man, I don't know what to say about it. These delays are honestly making me hate the series. :\

I feel like this isn't Snyder's fault at all though. Now that he is back to writing American Vampire and The Wake I thought he had finished. I feel like this is bc Jim Lee is too busy.

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arturocalakayvee said:

@lvenger said:

I feel like this isn't Snyder's fault at all though. Now that he is back to writing American Vampire and The Wake I thought he had finished. I feel like this is bc Jim Lee is too busy.

It's been known for months that Snyder has nothing to do with the delays and that it's all Jim Lee's fault lol.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By Lvenger

@pperspectiveandreality said:

@thefirstlantern said:

@arturocalakayvee said:

@lvenger said:

It can easily be assumed and noted that this is Jim Lee's fault rather than anything Snyder has done wrong. Snyder's scripts should be all done by now. It's clearly Lee taking much longer than he needs to on art which hurts the consistency and impact of the story when it's done and dusted.

TheFirstLantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By TheFirstLantern

@lvenger: By the time the next issue comes out i'll have to re-read the previous issues.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By Lvenger
    EnigmaLantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Superman Unchained issue 6 is just a week shy of being pushed back by 2 months from its original release date (the one given around Christmas time that is, the original release date for issue 6 when the series began was much earlier).

It is beyond ridiculous. Part of me regrets getting this series from the start, but I can't just drop it now, when I only have 4 issues left. *sigh*

Pperspectiveandreality

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This wait sucks. Issue 6 better be damn good.

z3ro180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger: is there anymore updates ? I only ask because you seem to have your ear to the ground on this topic.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@z3ro180: Nope no changes from my last update thus far. And to be honest, I count that as a good thing given all the unnecessary delays that this series has gone through already.

Zandalf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger: when i've seen this thread still on the top i have thought: hell no! another delay!! lol

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zandalf: Glad I'm not disappointing you thus far but I wouldn't be surprised if even MORE delays plague this title. Hopefully that fear will be put to rest.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92  Edited By Lvenger

@zandalf: @z3ro180: I have actually just found some relevant news even if it confirms what is already known. Snyder states that Superman Unchained 6 will come out next week at long, long last :)

No Caption Provided

z3ro180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93  Edited By z3ro180

@lvenger: *sigh* oh well atlest this issue comes out in a week Insted of a month. Though at this point I'm strongly coincide ring dropping the title and just waiting for the trade even if I already have the five single issues.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.