Follow

Superman

Character » Superman appears in 18886 issues.

Sent to Earth as an infant from the dying planet Krypton, Kal-El was adopted by the loving Kent family and raised in America's heartland as Clark Kent. Using his immense solar-fueled powers, he became Superman to defend mankind against all manner of threats while championing truth, justice, and the American way!

Early MoS Script Significantly Different from Finished Film

• 52 results
    MB25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Ok so this is a pretty old article and I'm not sure if this has already been posted. If it has, please feel free to delete. That being said, this is supposedly the early MoS Script.

Early MAN OF STEEL Script Treatment Is Significantly Different from Finished Film [UPDATED]

by Adam Chitwood Posted 15 days ago

Though Warner Bros. Superman reboot Man of Steel most definitely opened bit at the box office, the pic proved to be one of the more divisive releases of the year. Reactions were all over the map, and you’re just as likely to find someone that was down on director Zack Snyder and screenwriter David S. Goyer’s iteration of the character as you are someone that adored the new approach. Love it or hate it, though, you can’t deny that the film took some big risks with its departures from comic book lore, and now an early treatment of the script credited to Snyder, Goyer, and producer Christopher Nolanreveals that Man of Steel could have ended up being very, very different than the film that we saw in theaters.

Hit the jump for a rundown of how this early treatment differs from the final film. [UPDATE: Hitfix has updated their story to report that the treatment is fan-fiction. "I bought it because I wanted to buy it," reporter Drew McWeeny said in his honest explanation of why they ran the story. It happens to the best of us, and McWeeny is one of the most trusted names in the film reporting business. If you still want to read some fairly convincing fan-fic (especially when compared to the finished film), you can read a summation after the jump].

Probably the biggest surprise in this early treatment—titled “Treatment 4.5B” and written by Goyer, Snyder, and Nolan—is just how different it is from the film that made it to the screen. Since Snyder is credited on the treatment, one presumes that this is more similar to the initial take that Goyer and Nolan pitched to Warner Bros., and is likely more in keeping with the story that Snyder initially signed on to direct. That being said, the completed Man of Steel represents months of development work and input from all three that resulted in a finished product that they all felt happy about.

Goyer has previously said that his initial “new take” on Superman that got Nolan so enthused was approaching the film as a first contact story, confronting head on the fact that if Kal-El revealed himself to the world as an alien, it would be the biggest event in human history. That is indeed still here, as are the principal characters of Jor-El, Zod, and Faora, but they all interact in pretty different ways, with Zod not fully coming into play until much later in the film.

The aforementioned treatment comes courtesy of HitFix’s Drew McWeeny, who has written a pretty extensive summary of how the story progresses. We’ve rounded up some of the key differences from that treatment to Man of Steel below:

• The treatment still opens on Krypton, but under very different circumstances. Zod’s army is seen on a battlefield trying to break defensive lines held by Jor-El. Zod is trying to destroy Krypton because he believes his people would be better served terraforming a new planet that has been discovered (Earth) and moving all Kryptonians there.
    • Zod and Jor-El have a fight sequence at the power plant (where Zod is trying to enact his plan), and while Zod wins the battle, he is quickly arrested and sent to the Phantom Zone.
    • Faora is now Zod’s wife, and while she is indeed punished, she is not sent to the Phantom Zone.
    • Jor-El goes back to try and reverse Zod’s actions, but the planet is already doomed and he ends up being targeted by the Kryptonian government as a suspected loyal to Zod.
    • Seeing that he cannot convince the Kryptonians otherwise, Jor-El sends his son to Earth.
    • Faora ends up stealing a spaceship to escape Krypton’s destruction.
    • After Krypton explodes and we see baby Kal-El heading to Earth, the film cuts to the adult Clark Kent working on the oil rig seen in the film. He saves people from disaster, just as in Man of Steel, but this time as an employee of the rig.
    • Kent is working as a freelance journalist in the treatment, and goes home to see his parents, who are both alive at this point.
    • While going through mail at his parents’ home, Clark receives a job offer for the Daily Planet.
    • The treatment actually shows Kent shaving using his heat vision bounced off a mirror.
    • There’s a tornado sequence in Smallville in which Clark flies around and saves everyone, using his superbreath to blow the tornado out. Jonathan Kent does not die here, and is instead proud of his son’s heroic display.
    • Jonathan Kent tells adult Clark about the ship in the barn, which Clark has known about for a long time but has thus far been too scared to confront.
    • The ship in the barn becomes the “Fortress of Solitude,” as it opens upon Clark approaching it to reveal Jor-El’s lab—though only Clark can see it. He is presented with a message from both of his parents and also sees the final moments of Krypton play out. At the end of the presentation, Clark is given the suit, at which point he has an emotional breakdown.
    • Clark’s “turning on” of the ship again sends out a distress beacon, which was outfitted by Jor-El to be a beacon for any surviving Kryptonians to come and find Clark. Hearing this, Faora wakes from her hypersleep and sets out for Earth.
    • The film’s Lois Lane is annoyed by the freelancer Clark Kent, because he scoops her on a big story. She is assigned to cover the grand opening of the Metropolis/Gotham rail link (Batmanreference!), which leads to a major action sequence in which Clark and Lois are both on the train (branded with a LEXCORP logo) when it suddenly goes out of control. Clark rips his clothes off to reveal the Superman suit and proceeds to save everyone from the train before seeking out the people who sabotaged it in the first place.
    • People take photos and video of Clark saving everyone on the train, which is how the alien storyline comes into play. Lois’ father, military official General Sam Lane, is instantly worried about this “super-powered threat.”
    • Lois coins the term “Superman” in the Daily Planet when writing about the train crash.
    • Faora crash-lands in Smallville and, after healing from the sun, rampages through the town until she finds Kal-El’s ship and activates the Phantom Zone generator that brings Zod to Earth via portal. He is badly wounded from the Phantom Zone, but the Earth’s sun heals him.
    • Faora and Zod use the ship’s computer to download a full understanding of English.
    • Jonathan Kent encourages Clark to go after the Kryptonians and save Earth. No apprehensiveness about his son’s abilities here.
    • The fight on the Smallville street remains intact, but it’s different in that Faora recognizes Superman’s need to save random citizens from distress so she keeps distracting him by attacking bystanders. Superman is then seen going off to rescue strangers before continuing his fight with Faora.
    • During the Smallville fight, Superman almost defeats a very weakened Zod, but has to leave in order to save the town from a giant fire Faora has created.
    • Jonathan dies from the collateral damage that Faora has done in Smallville.
    • While recuperating, Zod becomes furious that Faora is more powerful than him, and after blaming her for him being sent to the Phantom Zone, proceeds to kill her.
    • Lois’ father General Lane continues to believe that Superman is a threat and thinks he is part of the invasion force. He’s essentially a more fully-formed version of Christopher Meloni’s character.
    • While working on a story about the Smallville attack, Lois stays at the Kent’s farm and consoles Clark following his father’s death. She is never suspicious that he might be Superman.
    • General Lane sets up a command post in Metropolis in the hopes of attracting Zod and Superman. Zod appears in the city ready to fight, and after a military attack Superman shows up to battle Zod. No World Engine mumbo jumbo.
    • Zod and Superman proceed to fight, but when Zod starts attacking citizens, Superman takes off away from the city in order to minimize collateral damage (Interesting…).
    • During the fight, Lois Lane recruits a young boy named Jimmy Olsen to snap pictures.
    • Zod eventually brings the fight back to Smallville, where Superman opens a portal using his old ship in order to send Zod back to the Phantom Zone. Zod is not killed. Though Clark decides to destroy the ship, Martha convinces him it’s his last link to his people so he moves it to the Arctic.
    • After the battle, General Lane picks up “alien metals and small shards of green rock” from the wreckage (Kryptonite). He is then seen talking on the phone to a visible Lex Luthor, who asks Lane to send the materials to his office for analysis.
    • At the end of the film, Superman writes an open letter to Earth telling them the truth about himself and his home planet, and Clark returns to the Daily Planet. Lois does not find out that Clark is Superman.

Pretty different, huh? It’s especially interesting that this early treatment addresses some of the concerns that people had over the final film. Why Goyer, Snyder, and Nolan couldn’t have at least tried to acknowledge the collateral damage issue inMan of Steel is beyond me. Personally, though, I much prefer the finished film to this early treatment. Lois Lane is such a well-rounded and smart character in Man of Steel, but in this treatment she just feels like second-fiddle, and I miss the young Clark stuff. The Zod/Faora relationship is also strange in the treatment, with Faora actually feeling kind of like the primary villain instead of Zod. It’s also interesting to see that early plans had Lex Luthor actually showing up in this first film, so I’d be shocked if he didn’t appear in the sequel.

You can head over to HitFix to read Drew’s extensive rundown of the entire treatment, which is basically a scene-by-scene breakdown of that entire script and is well worth your time. But I’m curious to know what you think, dear reader. Were there aspects of this treatment that you wish had made it to the finished film?

Which version of the story do you prefer? Is that something you would have rather seen?

SOURCE: http://collider.com/man-of-steel-superman-early-script-details/

SandMan_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Huh...People will B*tch why they didn't go this route.

SOG7dc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

User Lists: 10

Even though I thoroughly enjoyed MOS this would have definitely been a much much much better script

SmashBrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By SmashBrawler

Pretty different, huh? It’s especially interesting that this early treatment addresses some of the concerns that people had over the final film. Why Goyer, Snyder, and Nolan couldn’t have at least tried to acknowledge the collateral damage issue in Man of Steel is beyond me. Personally, though, I much prefer the finished film to this early treatment. Lois Lane is such a well-rounded and smart character in Man of Steel, but in this treatment she just feels like second-fiddle, and I miss the young Clark stuff. The Zod/Faora relationship is also strange in the treatment, with Faora actually feeling kind of like the primary villain instead of Zod.

I have to agree with this consensus. Even though it does deal with some of the issues present in the actual movie such as the collateral damage stuff and giving us a final fight with Zod without killing him, the early treatment still has issues of its own and overall feels very generic as far as Superman origin stories go.

ssejllenrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sandman_ said:

Huh...B*tches will b*tch why they didn't go this route.

Fixed... :D

Superguy0009e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

This would have been WAY better.

MB25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sandman_: Agreed. Not much else to do, right?

@sog7dc: But their execution of said script could have been abysmal.

@smashbrawler: Agreed. It's a spoon fed script. Same old Same old. I'll stick with what they did. Heres a good example: "During the fight, Lois Lane recruits a young boy named Jimmy Olsen to snap pictures." That sounds absurd.

SuperEnd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I prefer the finished script, over this one. Disliked the stuff about Zod and Faora, how Clark finds about his alien heritage, and the origin of his fortress of solitude.

lilben42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This script was so weird! I mean Zod killing Faora for being more powerful it was just... no just no. Thank god they changed the script. It was also kind of boring I mean the way it ended was really cliche and I probably wouldn't be looking forward to the sequel. There were a few things I like about this script though.

MrShway88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

There are parts of both scripts that could have been used for a better film. But I'm sure people would of still complained about something no matter what. Doesn't matter which one they went with, you can't please everyone.

Eternal19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I like the final script better. Though there is some things that the should have kept.

Avatar image for rulerofthisuniverse
    RulerOfThisUniverse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

This is ok, but it has several problems making the final script superior. Also, EVERYONE SHUT THE **** UP ABOUT SUPERMAN'S COLLATERAL DAMAGE!!!!!!!!! Oh, no! Superman saved every human on the planet, but he damaged several buildings!!!!! The monster!!!! Kill him with pitchforks!

How many buildings got destroyed in The Avengers? A WHOLE FRIGGIN LOT. Does anyone give a crap? NO.

Avatar image for kapitein_zeppos
    kapitein_zeppos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By kapitein_zeppos

Although I have been critical of Man of Steel, I must say it did avoid many of the tired old Superman tropes. This script is fairly classic Superman, it is more logical and better set up than Man of Steel, but it feels like it's all been done before. Man of Steel did things differently and that was in a way very refreshing.

I like the Zod uprising bit, makes more sense than the film. The Faora bit could stay as it is in MOS. Like the idea of Clark working on the oilrig, but not as an undercover reporter. I'd have Jonathan Kent die at some point while helping the neighbours, maybe off-screen just after Clark does something heroic and they are all on a high and waiting for Jonathan to come home and celebrate. They get a call, Martha collapses and cries. "I know you'll do the right thing." Would be the last thing Jonathan says to Clark before they both set out to help others.

I would have Clark try and save some people rather than just fight and fight and fight and fight, I'd even bet tempted to put in a scene where people at a gas station are trapped by Faora, Clark tries to get them out, but she holds him in a lock and uses her heat vision to set the station on fire. Also keep the master machine in Metropolis so that Clark's rescue feels more direct. And it can end with Clark killing Zod for all I care ...

The problem is not the collateral damage, it's Clark's utter indifference to the plight of so many people. He never even tries, knocking his enemies through buildings that could have people in them so the whole "he's untrained, therefore he's unable to help people" is implied because we have constant voiceovers with ponderous speeches to convince us he's a great hero.

No Caption Provided

lilben42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kapitein_zeppos: Superman didn't knock Zod through buildings. Zod knocked him through buildings. Big difference.

lilben42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By lilben42

@rulerofthisuniverse: I know right. Superman saved so much people in Man of Steel anyways but no, people always just look at the bad instead of the good.

Anyway I'm glad Goyer & Snyder changed their minds.

ssejllenrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lilben42: except the ones in smallville. But yeah, aside from the one single building where he just scrapes through the cladding, he was the one being tossed around. And that cladding thing I was talking about had not destroyed the foundations of the building. Meaning there's slight to zero chance that it would have fallen... Again, except for the glass shards that might have injured some... But yeah other than that, he was only to be minimally blamed... Comic book and DCAU superman had dealt more damage than MOS Superman when fighting high tier brawlers.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

@mb25: Is this a rumour or an official early script for the film?

@lilben42 said:

@rulerofthisuniverse: I know right. Superman saved so much people in Man of Steel anyways but no, people always just look at the bad instead of the good.

Anyway I'm glad Goyer & Snyder changed their minds.

So you're glad Superman didn't act like Superman at all? He didn't save that many people on screen. In fact he probably killed more with the fighting.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

#18  Edited By Lvenger

I have to say although this script has flaws of its own such as Zod and Faora's weird relationship, I do prefer this to the actual Man of Steel one. It feels much more in tone with the core of Superman's character and the tone is much better suited to Superman than the actual film was. Damn, if this is an actual rejected script, it's a shame it got put aside for what we had instead. EDIT: Oh wait I knew I'd seen that article before. This is a fan fic script that was released earlier in the year.

UltimateSMfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By UltimateSMfan

@lilben42 said:

@kapitein_zeppos: Superman didn't knock Zod through buildings. Zod knocked him through buildings. Big difference.

this.......i mean seriously. I've seen it three times, the second and third spent mainly looking for all the major critiques, so the only place supes throws or pushes someone into a buliding(there are 4 instances) is smallville where he tackles zod through a 7/11 and faora into that diner(which she then throws him out of) then while he smashes zods head through the side of a building which i really doubt could affect its foundation in any way causing it to topple over, and tackling zod through that abandoned construction site when zod starts flying,other than that he was being man handled by everyone else. And this really speaks volumes about what people think of themselves cuz apparently every person out of the radius of the world engine before it was destroyed is presumed to be an idiot,incapable of ducking for cover and or running the hell away or underground(hmm what were so many people doing in that underground train station?)

plus the damage in smallville, most of it was caused due to the army. their planes were being brought down and they were launching missiles at the Kryptonians. seriously guys this movie needs a second viewing cuz its not how people are portraying it. If anyone died because of superman's *cough Zod's cough* destruction of property etc. its their own fault for being idiots and not getting out of the way.(this is referring to the metropolis fight)

now this is my view there are other critiques concerning the story and such and i can't argue peoples views on that cuz everyone's view is different,when it comes to the damage though, this is what I've observed.

lilben42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By lilben42

@lvenger: He saved the world by destroying the world engine. He also saved a bus of children, some people on the oil rig, Lois of course, his mother, the general even though he sacrificed himself later, some people in a jet, and the human race by dealing with Zod. He acted like Superman sometimes. There were moments that I really thought were superman moments. Anyway when Superman got hit through an office no one was in there. They were all running on the street which we saw. Now seeing as they changed Superman from leaving Metropolis makes me more confident for the second film because they did it for a reason. Probably for Lex. Although they probably should have made Supes leave just to avoid controversy.

lolzstastic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By lolzstastic

First off, let me say that I even though I did a thread were I said that MOS was probably going to suck I ended up liking the film, maybe because of my extremely lowered expectations.

With that said, I honestly cant see how anyone would think this is better than the finished script. Even if you didn't like the movie you have to admit this is just as bad if not even worse than what we got. The only way you could not think this way is that if you were a butthurt purist Superman fan who'll take the lowest common denominator as long as Superman doesnt kill Zod

Just a weird and very generic mess of a script that panders to conservative fans.

Yup, it certainly does. "Hey kid I know I'm a professional reporter who's supposed to have some experience with a camera but I'll pay you to take the pictures of this huge event even though you may do an even worse job that I'd do for all I know!"

@lilben42 said:

This script was so weird! I mean Zod killing Faora for being more powerful it was just... no just no.

Yeah, what a great idea! Let's just transform our main villain into a stupidly petty man-child! Good grief.

I have so many problems with this script but I'll mention only one more:

Why the hell do you need such a complicated war in Krypton?? A random coup like the one in MOS is more than fine, this is just way too long and way too complicated for a conflict that will barely matter afterwards since the planet is, you know, going to explode! Just add the terraforming thing later! Ugh, what a bunch of crap

SandMan_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sandman_ said:

Huh...B*tches will b*tch why they didn't go this route.

Fixed... :D

We got some examples here.

lilben42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lolzstastic: Right. I probably would have laughed if I saw that.

Avatar image for rulerofthisuniverse
    RulerOfThisUniverse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

@lilben42: I want to say this to every annoying fanboy (or Rotten Tomatoes reviewer, seriously, Man Of Steel gets a 5.6/10???) that says the usual "Superman didn't ACT like Superman!" Or "Superman KILLED Zod to save 7 billion humans and was obviously morally horrified afterwards by his necessary actions? THE HORROR!!!!!!!!!!!!!" It's begun to really piss me off.

lilben42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By lilben42

@ultimatesmfan: @ssejllenrad: Yeah and in Smallville he tried to fly away but it didn't work. I think people are just being nitpicky. First of all why would someone be in a building when a machine is destroying the city.

MB25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger said:

@mb25: Is this a rumour or an official early script for the film?

Im not sure if it's official or not.

@mb25 said:

Yup, it certainly does. "Hey kid I know I'm a professional reporter who's supposed to have some experience with a camera but I'll pay you to take the pictures of this huge event even though you may do an even worse job that I'd do for all I know!"

I know..and why is there is a young boy in the middle of the destruction snapping pictures ... yeah thats cute

@lilben42 said:

this.......i mean seriously. I've seen it three times, the second and third spent mainly looking for all the major critiques, so the only place supes throws or pushes someone into a buliding(there are 4 instances) is smallville where he tackles zod through a 7/11 and faora into that diner(which she then throws him out of) then while he smashes zods head through the side of a building which i really doubt could affect its foundation in any way causing it to topple over, and tackling zod through that abandoned construction site when zod starts flying,other than that he was being man handled by everyone else. And this really speaks volumes about what people think of themselves cuz apparently every person out of the radius of the world engine before it was destroyed is presumed to be an idiot,incapable of ducking for cover and or running the hell away or underground(hmm what were so many people doing in that underground train station?)

plus the damage in smallville, most of it was caused due to the army. their planes were being brought down and they were launching missiles at the Kryptonians. seriously guys this movie needs a second viewing cuz its not how people are portraying it. If anyone died because of superman's *cough Zod's cough* destruction of property etc. its their own fault for being idiots and not getting out of the way.(this is referring to the metropolis fight)

now this is my view there are other critiques concerning the story and such and i can't argue peoples views on that cuz everyone's view is different,when it comes to the damage though, this is what I've observed.

I did the exact same thing. I've seen the movie 3x as well. And you are absolutely correct. But you better watch out, with these keen observations, you're bound to get a low rating on rotten tomatoes

SandMan_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mb25: Zod pretty much was controlling the entire battle.

kapitein_zeppos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By kapitein_zeppos
    @rulerofthisuniverse said:

@lilben42: I want to say this to every annoying fanboy (or Rotten Tomatoes reviewer, seriously, Man Of Steel gets a 5.6/10???) that says the usual "Superman didn't ACT like Superman!" Or "Superman KILLED Zod to save 7 billion humans and was obviously morally horrified afterwards by his necessary actions? THE HORROR!!!!!!!!!!!!!" It's begun to really piss me off.

Let's put it this way : In what way does a large death toll enhance the character of the Man of Steel vis a vis other superheroes or the "classic" Superman ? Remember that Jor El does a lot of speechifying in the film and rants about his little tyke becoming a God and how people will look in awe at him ?

Imagine Luke Skywalker in his X-Wing is so busy dodging and fighting Darth Vader that he can't make his shot. The Death Star blows up Yavin and to stop the Death Star Han Solo crashes the Falcon into the exhaust. A few rebel ships make it out and Vader goes after them. Luke then shoots and kills Vader to save them.

Imagine if Bob Ewell did manage to kill Jem, brutally goes "Deliverance" on Scout and people think it was Boo Radley for which he is hanged, but several years later Atticus Finch discovers that it was in fact Ewell who did this. Finch gets a rifle and kills Ewell, and ends up in jail with a raised head.

Imagine if Kirk fails to understand that Khan only thinks in two dimensions and is bested by him, trapped on Genesis, while Spock, Bones, Uhura, Sulu, Chekov and Scotty die one by one along the way until the hapless Klingons find him and he goes on a Federation wide rampage for bloody revenge.

There is nothing to it, you can pile up drama and jack up the death toll and put any character into a no win situation. All these elements will not automatically magically transform your story into a masterpiece ...

There is a difference between trying to update Superman into a more nuanced character and making him into a complete jerk.

Avatar image for deathpoolthet1000
    DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lies, Nolan did a better script and it had good writting?, i mean he is a terrible writter, awesome director, but a terrible writer

Also i like that this show Nolan wanst a producer director, he give Snyder space to do what he wantd and dindt directer the movie in the shadows, like other producer that never give people any freacking space.

Also, why people dont understand an invasion means destroy as muchs as you can with bombs, later you controls the air and then you send your army.

Avengers invasion made no sense, they send the army first then send air forces and never decide to use bombs or anything like it.

Also that it looks well one paper dont mean it would had ned being a better movie.

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

Superboy101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I prefer the final script. I think it sets up an interesting story for the sequel can't wait!

MB25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sandman_ said:

Of course he did...he was the better fighter. Superman is actually lucky that the 3 Kryptonians weren't fully powered cause they could've killed him. It's really the only thing that made the fights fair, and Faora still slapped him around

SandMan_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mb25 said:

@sandman_ said:

Of course he did...he was the better fighter. Superman is actually lucky that the 3 Kryptonians weren't fully powered cause they could've killed him. It's really the only thing that made the fights fair, and Faora still slapped him around

If the fight had continued, Zod would have killed Superman.

MB25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sandman_ said:

@mb25 said:

@sandman_ said:

If the fight had continued, Zod would have killed Superman.

Yup.

SandMan_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mb25: This just shows how people have an erroneous perception of Superman.

Eternal19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I keep laughing at the people who insult everyone who didn't like the movie. Makes them sound immature

lolzstastic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@eternal19 said:

I keep laughing at the people who insult everyone who didn't like the movie. Makes them sound immature

Then again you can say the same thing for the people who didn't like the movie. I've heard "mouth-breathers" is a common nickname for MOS fans among them.

Kidding of course, but you can see the point I'm making.

Avatar image for buttersdaman000
    buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By buttersdaman000

I prefer the final script. This one just seems so generic but there are some points I like about it. Like Pa Kent not being a paranoid, slightly suicidal idiot for instance (I really hated that part of the movie).

But the final script was bold, this one just seems to appease to the people who still believe that Superman is Christopher Reeves. Funny thing though, I bet if this were the script used, critics would bash it for riding Reeves coattails lol

Also, I really did want at least one scene where Superman, in suit, saved a bunch of citizens.....but i'm not hating MoS for not having it, just wishing a scene like the one from this script was included :/

kapitein_zeppos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lies, Nolan did a better script and it had good writting?, i mean he is a terrible writter, awesome director, but a terrible writer

Also i like that this show Nolan wanst a producer director, he give Snyder space to do what he wantd and dindt directer the movie in the shadows, like other producer that never give people any freacking space.

Also, why people dont understand an invasion means destroy as muchs as you can with bombs, later you controls the air and then you send your army.

Avengers invasion made no sense, they send the army first then send air forces and never decide to use bombs or anything like it.

Also that it looks well one paper dont mean it would had ned being a better movie.

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

I don't think you understand the plans and purposes of the respective villains.

Zod wanted to kill everybody because death and destruction was the only response he was capable of as the events of MoS occurred. This is called "Genocide"

There are invasions like War of the Worlds where the aliens do have clear plans of getting rid of people and kill them all so they can rearrange the furniture to their liking. In the case of Loki this was a classic invasion and occupation. It's fairly counterproductive to become the ruler of a barren graveyard, especially, if you really want to say "Kneel before Loki" all day long and get off on watching endless processions of people on their knees before you. So the Chitauri in Avengers were there to destroy all opposition and put the fear of God, in this case Loki into everybody and make them submissive. This is called an "Invasion"

Avatar image for deathpoolthet1000
    DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kapitein_zeppos: Still dont change you have to drop the bombs first, is exactly what the USA goverment did in Irak, Afganisthan and is has being since we have bombs, that dont mean they want to destroy the place, they just want to gain as much control as they can, also in the moment they knew about the Avengers, the whole sending soldiers made no sense, worst if there were soldiers in the world that could had attack them.

This is how you invade a country, you first send the bombs, then you control the air and then you send your soldiers, that how it works.

Using bombs dont mean you will destroy and kill everybody, but it means you can controls things better by causing chaos and detsroying bases and thing like that, thats is why they attacked the Helicarrier.

Also they try to take down the helicarrier, that would cause deaths and destruction, like a bomb, so it dont look they cared that much to keep things without damage.

You send the troops when you are in control or at least when you can reduce the number of your side dying.

MB25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By MB25
    @sandman_ said:

I think it's really tough for people to get the 1978 Donner version of Supes out of their heads. Even when Supes pleaded with Zod to stop, his only reply was "NEVER". And if you pay close attention, you can see a sonic boom reverberate from the neck snap.

AWSOME!

SandMan_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mb25 said:
    @sandman_ said:

I think it's really tough for people to get the 1978 Donner version of Supes out of their heads. Even when Supes pleaded with Zod to stop, his only reply was "NEVER". And if you pay close attention, you can see a sonic boom reverberate from the neck snap.

AWSOME!

Unfortunatly, this is why this had to happen. To take that badly misguided perception of Superman out of people's head. Those movies aren't that great either to be honest.

MB25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sandman_ said:

@mb25 said:
    @sandman_ said:

AWSOME!

Unfortunatly, this is why this had to happen. To take that badly misguided perception of Superman out of people's head. Those movies aren't that great either to be honest.

Preach!

SandMan_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mb25: Heh, some people might be too sensitive about it. XD

novi_homines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By novi_homines

So not only did Goyer wanting Supes to Kill Zod make such a controversial ending, but it also cost us a visible Lex Luthor in the film?

-______________-

Avatar image for consolemaster001
    consolemaster001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#45  Edited By consolemaster001

So not only did Goyer wanting Supes to Kill Zod make such a controversial ending, but it also cost us a visible Lex Luthor in the film?

-______________-

It sucks

LaserLambert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ok seriously, am I the only one who sees where it says this has been updated to say this was not true? can't this then be locked?

Avatar image for ultrastarkiller
    ULTRAstarkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I actually like this script.

SmashBrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@laserlambert said:

ok seriously, am I the only one who sees where it says this has been updated to say this was not true? can't this then be locked?

That'd explain why it's so bland and generic.

LaserLambert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By LaserLambert

@smashbrawler:

@mb25 said:

Early MAN OF STEEL Script Treatment Is Significantly Different from Finished Film [UPDATED]

by Adam Chitwood Posted 15 days ago

(..................)

Hit the jump for a rundown of how this early treatment differs from the final film. [UPDATE: Hitfix has updated their story to report that the treatment is fan-fiction. "I bought it because I wanted to buy it," reporter Drew McWeeny said in his honest explanation of why they ran the story. It happens to the best of us, and McWeeny is one of the most trusted names in the film reporting business. If you still want to read some fairly convincing fan-fic (especially when compared to the finished film), you can read a summation after the jump].

it says it RIGHT THERE. The [UPDATED] in the title was a clear sign that people reading it should look for the part where it says UPDATE in the article...

SmashBrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By SmashBrawler

@laserlambert: Well, in my defense, it was a lengthy, boring introduction that I didn't really want to read :P

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.