Follow

Superman

Character » Superman appears in 18939 issues.

Sent to Earth as an infant from the dying planet Krypton, Kal-El was adopted by the loving Kent family and raised in America's heartland as Clark Kent. Using his immense solar-fueled powers, he became Superman to defend mankind against all manner of threats while championing truth, justice, and the American way!

Dumbest comment I've read on Superman

Endanger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

User Lists: 2

Came across this comment on another forum/website:

" Actually in pretty much every comic book that Superman and Batman both appear in, at some point Superman goes crazy and Batman has to take him down. This happens with such depressing regularity, it's a source of much confusion to me why the justice league still gets pissed off about Batman carrying a piece of kryptonite on him at all times. Even in modern continuity, he ends up having to use it on Superman at least 3 times a year. "

First of all, what the hell.

The only time where Superman went crazy and Batman had to stop him was in Hush, correct me if I'm wrong, but I can't think of any other instance where that has happened other than Hush.

Ok sure, World's Finest comics back in the 70s and 80s had some stories like that, but a lot of them also had Batman going crazy and Superman having to stop him.

He says it happens with "depressing regularity", so what other stories had Superman going crazy other than Hush? I'd like to know, there must be "hundreds " of them if it happens with depressing regularity.

And the Kryptonite claim is nonsense as well, when was the last time Batman intentionally used Kryptonite against Superman??

In fact Kryptonite rarely appears in Justice League comics and I can't even remember any time Batman used it against Superman.

Perezite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@endanger said:

Came across this comment on another forum/website:

" Actually in pretty much every comic book that Superman and Batman both appear in, at some point Superman goes crazy and Batman has to take him down. This happens with such depressing regularity, it's a source of much confusion to me why the justice league still gets pissed off about Batman carrying a piece of kryptonite on him at all times. Even in modern continuity, he ends up having to use it on Superman at least 3 times a year. "

First of all, what the hell.

The only time where Superman went crazy and Batman had to stop him was in Hush, correct me if I'm wrong, but I can't think of any other instance where that has happened other than Hush.

Ok sure, World's Finest comics back in the 70s and 80s had some stories like that, but a lot of them also had Batman going crazy and Superman having to stop him.

He says it happens with "depressing regularity", so what other stories had Superman going crazy other than Hush? I'd like to know, there must be "hundreds " of them if it happens with depressing regularity.

And the Kryptonite claim is nonsense as well, when was the last time Batman intentionally used Kryptonite against Superman??

In fact Kryptonite rarely appears in Justice League comics and I can't even remember any time Batman used it against Superman.

Well, there was Infinite Crises where Superman went crazy...but I'm fairly certain Supes decked Batman and had to be stopped by Wonder Woman.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.