Follow

Superman

Character » Superman appears in 18942 issues.

Sent to Earth as an infant from the dying planet Krypton, Kal-El was adopted by the loving Kent family and raised in America's heartland as Clark Kent. Using his immense solar-fueled powers, he became Superman to defend mankind against all manner of threats while championing truth, justice, and the American way!

Dooms Day healing factor?

Gold_Kitsune

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Hello nerds of superman! I need your help! I was arguing with someone about Doomsday vs another insane destruction machine character and they stated that even if every cell of Doomsday's body were disintegrated that he could heal and come back.

Is this true or was he just BSing me? What is Doomsday's healing factor?

(I hope this is the right forum. He's a Superman villain after all)

Titanbreaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Being a comic book character Doomsday will always return no matter what fate befalls him. Due to his power he grows stronger with each resurrection and supposedly cannot be killed the same way twice, as his body grows immune to the condition that killed him.

Black_Arrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Black_Arrow

I think that Doomsday only activates a crazy healing factor when he revives. Doomsday can come back from death, still when entropy got him erasing every single atom in his body he died.

Self-DCeit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Current Doomsday is a bit different. But no, your friend wasn't BSing you in essence.

Avatar image for heavenlydarkdragon
    HeavenlyDarkDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gold_kitsune:

It had some BS. Specifically the desintegration part.

Doomsday can be destroyed for good. Superman did so when using a Mother Box he sent him to the end of time, where Doomsday was consumed by entropy. Doomsday didn't returned from that, he was later resurrected by the use of the genetic material that Cadmus had stored while he was in their possession. After he was killed and also killed Superman.

The main thing about Doomsday is that once he's beaten the body most be totally destroyed or he'll come back having adapted to the way he was killed and he can no longer be killed that way.

One simple example. Let's say he Hulk and Doomsday were fighting. If theHulk managed to win and kill Doomsday, if the Hulk did not destroy the body completely then eventually Doomsday would return, only this time he'd have adapted completely to the Hulk power and would even be able to neutralize the gamma radiation in the Hulk.

HeavenlyDarkDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@self-dceit:

Except for the desintegration part of course.

If he's completely destroyed down to the subatomic level he'll never return. At least the desintegration part was not BS. The main problem is the desintegration part. First his opponent needs to know about Doomsday ability to adapt and evolve. And second he or she needs to destroy the body completely.

If that's achieved then Doomsday can't come back. After all he's not mystical/magic, he's a genetic experiment gone all kinds of wrong.

Self-DCeit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@heavenlydarkdragon: Sure. But note that I said "in essence". Because, and please correct me if I'm wrong, as I haven't read the story in a while, wasn't Doomsday also disintegrated by Imperiex, only to make a comeback later on?

UltimateSMfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@heavenlydarkdragon: Sure. But note that I said "in essence". Because, and please correct me if I'm wrong, as I haven't read the story in a while, wasn't Doomsday also disintegrated by Imperiex, only to make a comeback later on?

Yes, not disintegrated completely but Imperiex did reduce doomsday to just a skeleton. What appears later is cadmus labs making doomsday again out of its bones along with some of superman's blood to give him some weaknesses, this is in the story doomsday rex. However doomsday still has his ability to evolve beyond a threat.

Self-DCeit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ultimatesmfan: Gotcha. I stand corrected and will dutifully sit this one out in the corner.

VirginTroll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By VirginTroll
    Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

Basically just imagine the Hulk's powers and physicals on steroids and you get Doomsday following his return after killing Superman. I find his character to be hax and PIS incarnate but his feats and showings speak for themselves, including his ridiculous healing factor.

HeavenlyDarkDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger:

Considering other characters in comics healing factor, for example The Hulk, it's not so far fetched.

Doomsday is simply a being created by the most brutal way, to become the ultimate evolving killing bio machine. Honestly I never actually understood why anyone would create such a thing.

If they wanted to explore the limits of biological evolution, so later they could use the data to apply it on themselves, without the killing machine part, it would've made sense. But just create a creature that ultimately would escape their control, one way or another, always felt pushed.

But yes, it's one hell of a creature. Maybe the best lesson of how many levels of wrong genetic engineering in the real world could go incredibly wrong.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

#14  Edited By Lvenger

@heavenlydarkdragon: I think his creator, Berton in the Pre New 52 canon or something like that, probably wanted to prove his genius by creating the perfect lifeform that couldn't be hurt, killed or destroyed permanently. Stuff like that can drive someone's ego and obsession to blind them and make them unaware of the dangers. Plus, I'm betting whoever makes the ultimate killing machine isn't too sound in the head.

That's why they didn't just apply the data to themselves, because the death and resurrection process might not have worked for Berton. Moreover, this was Prehistoric Krypton when Doomsday was made so the rules and society was much different compared to the more humanoid civilisation that took over Krypton. There's a whole lot of backstory and context to Krypton's history in the Pre Flashpoint canon as you probably know, Krypton was a different place when Doomsday was first created.

Al_capOWN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

so n52 doomsday is still alive even after supes tore him in half?

Al_capOWN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Al_capOWN

bump

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.