Follow

Superman

Character » Superman appears in 18941 issues.

Sent to Earth as an infant from the dying planet Krypton, Kal-El was adopted by the loving Kent family and raised in America's heartland as Clark Kent. Using his immense solar-fueled powers, he became Superman to defend mankind against all manner of threats while championing truth, justice, and the American way!

Doomed - New Title

• 72 results
    greenarrowfan12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By greenarrowfan12

saw this on cbr

Yeah, it's apparently a teenage Doomsday.

http://community.comicbookresources.com/showthread.php?31816-Doomed-New-Title

No Caption Provided

"And Scott Lobdell seems to have an intriguing teenage take on Doomsday, reinvented as a youngster in Doomed, again showing a little more title experimentation, along the lines of Wicked, Tangled and Frozen. Lobdell hasn’t always had the best of press, least of all from Bleeding Cool, but if he can summon half of what he had from Generation X into Doomed, then we could well have a massive hit."

Superguy1591

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Sigh, why is Superman the only property that DC keeps giving Lobdell?

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 12

.________.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

To Scott Lobdell,

Loading Video...

Sincerely,

Lvenger.

SanoHibiki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wow, just … wow O_0

So, this is basically extended Doomsday’s origin. It can be absurdly bad – or really fan.

Lobdell … he just isn’t Superman’s writer, but has some interesting ideas from time to time. Probably will pick it up, since I’m curious about such theme.

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 7

I couldn't care less about Doomsday.

So no matter how much he destroys him I don't care :P

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

So this is what the Superman line has been reduced to,a teenage Doomsday book written by Scott Lobdell, this is actually going to be published come June. Let the thought sink in first and foremost. I dont know what drugs DC management uses,but I'd love to have some.

On the plus side,Doomsday is a crap character,Lobdell is a bad writer, a match made in hell.

kfabz-23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This will give doomsday more character which is something he does not have so no complaints here

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By entropy_aegis

Teenage Doomsday,I never realized Doomsday was anything BUT Doomsday from the day he was born. Is he gonna date? go to the prom? college maybe? this here is comedy gold.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Lvenger

@entropy_aegis: I was going to point out how Superman now has two good writers on Action Comics and Superman. But then I remembered Lobdell's utterly stupid excuse for a comic is being allowed to be published whereas Supergirl is being cancelled.

No Caption Provided

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger said:

@entropy_aegis: I was going to point out how Superman now has two good writers on Action Comics and Superman. But then I remembered Lobdell's utterly stupid excuse for a comic is being allowed to be published whereas Supergirl is being cancelled.

No Caption Provided

My only fear is that this might actually work and if it does DC is gonna capitalize on it's success and give us a Joker teen book or a Darkseid the toddler.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger said:

No Caption Provided

My only fear is that this might actually work and if it does DC is gonna capitalize on it's success and give us a Joker teen book or a Darkseid the toddler.

Loading Video...

It is an idea that's either insanely bad or so terribly bad that it might actually work. I hate concepts like that.

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Though I'm glad Supes fans generally dont like Lobdell,those damn Red Hood fans cant get enough of this guy.

BatWatch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 238

User Lists: 1

I enjoyed Lobdell's run on RHATO. It wasn't high brow comic book literature, but it was solid fun with good chemistry and action.

However, his run on Teen Titans is one of the worst comic book runs of the modern era. I mean, there are probably worse comics, but considering the Teen Titans and Tim Drake were already extremely successful properties and he managed to make TT completely unsatisfying and destroy Tim completely, that's impressively bad. I've heard his run on Superman was equally grating.

Back to Doomed, who the crap cares about Doomsday as a teen? He's already Superman's least interesting villain. What's his origin in the current universe anyway? Teenage years don't jive with his old origin.

Avatar image for buttersdaman000
    buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By buttersdaman000

No Caption Provided

2cool4fun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

Sigh, why is Superman the only property that DC keeps giving Lobdell?

Cause the guy is for better or worse a big Superman fan.

2cool4fun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By 2cool4fun

@lvenger said:

Supergirl is being cancelled.

No Caption Provided

primebonnick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This over a zatanna solo or renewing back supergirl hell i would take a relaunch of demon knights over this. I am not even wasting time on this crap.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Lvenger

@lvenger said:

No Caption Provided

I don't know how to I'm afraid. Supergirl was selling consistently well, the new creative team has been critically well received and Supergirl fans love the new status quo. My best guess is that DC want to relaunch Supergirl when her new TV series comes out.

z3ro180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

WTF ???!!!!!?!?!?!?!?!? Doomsday is supposed to be a mindless killing machine not a teenage dweeb trying to get a date for the prom.

2cool4fun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger said:

@2cool4fun said:

@lvenger said:

No Caption Provided

I don't know how to I'm afraid. Supergirl was selling consistently well, the new creative team has been critically well received and Supergirl fans love the new status quo. My best guess is that DC want to relaunch Supergirl when her new TV series comes out.

I really hope so.

Avatar image for darknightspideyfanboy
    darknightspideyfanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Heh you know what I'm buying it doomsday was always just a plot devices that if this give him a personality then I'm giving it a chance but still bahahahahah

Black_Arrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Black_Arrow
    No Caption Provided

Avatar image for heavenlydarkdragon
    HeavenlyDarkDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Has Lobdell gone insane!

One does not play around with Doomsday. Least of all, reinventing what doesn't need to be reinvented.

Sure, Doomed was pretty much a useless event, but it didn't failed because of Doomsday portrail, but because the events lead to no significant change. That and the whole in-mind Bruce/Hulk battle.

Lobdell is stepping in fine ice, and if he's not careful, this is gonna bite him the ass.

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Is it confirmed? Or is that speculation? Did DC went out and confirmed this?

Because the source is the CBR forums. So...yeah.

greenarrowfan12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

confirmed is real http://www.bleedingcool.com/forums/threads/91620-Doomed-And-Red-Hood-Arsenal-By-Scott-Lobdell-For-DC-Comics-Relaunch-%28UPDATE%29

Doomed is a new series by Scott Lobdell and Javier Rendandez for the DC June mini-relaunch. Note the title is in the Wicked, Frozen. Tangled mode... teenage Doomsday anyone? Upset that no one understands his desire to kill Superman?

UPDATE:?Artist Javier Fernandez has posted the cover and black-and-white to Doomed, saying

To create a character and launch it at DC with one of the writers you follow since you're a child... is something I could't expect to do so soon.With All of you... DOOMED! New DC ongoing series! By Scott Lobdell and me!!!!

So he seems keen.

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@squalleon said:

confirmed is real http://www.bleedingcool.com/forums/threads/91620-Doomed-And-Red-Hood-Arsenal-By-Scott-Lobdell-For-DC-Comics-Relaunch-%28UPDATE%29

Doomed is a new series by Scott Lobdell and Javier Rendandez for the DC June mini-relaunch. Note the title is in the Wicked, Frozen. Tangled mode... teenage Doomsday anyone? Upset that no one understands his desire to kill Superman?

UPDATE:?Artist Javier Fernandez has posted the cover and black-and-white to Doomed, saying

To create a character and launch it at DC with one of the writers you follow since you're a child... is something I could't expect to do so soon.With All of you... DOOMED! New DC ongoing series! By Scott Lobdell and me!!!!

So he seems keen.

Mmm...The "article" doesn't confirm it. It is meant as a joke, a humorous nod, hence the frozen references and the question mark.

You may have rushed to make the article.

Self-DCeit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger said:

Supergirl was selling consistently well.

Even though they're not necessarily cancellation-worthy numbers, and they did rise a little in the past months, selling in the 20k range is hardly "consistently well".

But yeah, bummed that another supertitle bit the dust, and one of such a marquee character as Supergirl. She's bound to get another one, though.

greenarrowfan12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger said:

Supergirl was selling consistently well.

Even though they're not necessarily cancellation-worthy numbers, and they did rise a little in the past months, selling in the 20k range is hardly "consistently well".

But yeah, bummed that another supertitle bit the dust, and one of such a marquee character as Supergirl. She's bound to get another one, though.

Supergirl got a sales bump from 26k to 28k

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

A teenage Doomsday ahahahahahahahahahahahaaha

DC really has lost it's sh!t, this is so ridiculous.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c901e667a76c
    deactivated-5c901e667a76c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is the worst concept for a comic book I have ever seen.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Ayyyyy lmao

Impervious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#35  Edited By Impervious

@2cool4fun: @lvenger: those memes has some inappropriate language, guys, just giving you fellas a heads up before the mods

Jogga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

A teenage Doomsday?

*sigh*

He's going to be an tragic anti-hero

isn't he?

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@self-dceit: I meant to say that it consistently sold in the 20K range. Not a best selling series but it had higher sales numbers than series like Lobo and JL 3000 which have dropped to below 30K by now.

@2cool4fun: @lvenger: those memes has some inappropriate language, guys, just giving you fellas a heads up before the mods

I know, I've been a CV member for over 4 years now. I'll take it down if the mods ask me to. For now, I feel it sums up my thoughts on this topic well.

vascillator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

There hasnt been a descent Doomsday story since Hunter/Prey, either use him properly or not at all. New 52 Doomsday has been a disgrace so far, but it seems hes going to hit rock bottom soon...

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

User Lists: 13

How can anyone at DC even let this happen?

darknightspideyfanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger: I wouldn't worry to much about supergirl cancellation it well get relaunch around the time her show comes out

The_Kidd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What!? This sounds f*cking horrible.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger: I wouldn't worry to much about supergirl cancellation it well get relaunch around the time her show comes out

Still, the creative team, storyline and characterisation were all well received, popular amongst Supergirl fans and selling decent numbers. Why cancel it just because the TV series is coming out? Green Arrow and Flash haven't had their comics cancelled by the TV series. Why should Supergirl lose out on a solo comic?

darknightspideyfanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger: why cancelled and relaunch during the t.v show for better sales.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger: why cancelled and relaunch during the t.v show for better sales.

But the current run was really good and sales for Flash and Green Arrow comics have hardly been increased by their respective TV shows. Why would it work for Supergirl?

darknightspideyfanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger: so what if it good. it going to work this time cause they will be slapping a new number one on it which they didn't do for GA and Flash but I did hear GA is getting renumber

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger: so what if it good. it going to work this time cause they will be slapping a new number one on it which they didn't do for GA and Flash but I did hear GA is getting renumber

Fans like consistency, they like stuff that's the same but also with slight changes. That's incredibly hard to do in The Big Two but Supergirl's new direction has been well received thus far and there is a lot of potential which can be done with a sci fi Hogwarts/School for Gifted Children mish mash. Along with Captain Comet, Maxima and Superboy guest starring too, there are loads of stories which still could have been done. To throw that away for TV show synergy really annoys me. And you know as well as I do that new number 1s are only temporary, they don't guarantee close to high levels of sales all the time.

darknightspideyfanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger: still gives the book a better chance of better sales when they do number 1. they won't make it like the t.v show at best they are going to be batgirling the supergirl book.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darknightspideyfanboy: You're right that DC doesn't make their comics much like their live action stuff compared to Marvel. But how long will Supergirl do better for? It certainly hasn't stayed at the same numbers it was at the start of The New 52.

darknightspideyfanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger: depends how the new writer does if they are batgirling the book the goods news would be it well be fun

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.