Follow

Superman

Character » Superman appears in 18939 issues.

Sent to Earth as an infant from the dying planet Krypton, Kal-El was adopted by the loving Kent family and raised in America's heartland as Clark Kent. Using his immense solar-fueled powers, he became Superman to defend mankind against all manner of threats while championing truth, justice, and the American way!

does the new 52 have reading order?

yotaman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By yotaman

i mean, from the moment it came out i'm looking for a proper reading order for the series the i read but find nothing?

i'v read lots of comic books and only when the new 52 started i found the need for a reading order that doesn't appear toe exist.

why there isn't one in the dc comics site?

...make me miss even the sh*ttest mangas - not just the need for reading order, but all the mess in the new 52 story lines!

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 7

#2  Edited By Squalleon

@yotaman: First read action comics 1-8 and after that start anywhere you want!

I recommend reading everything from Action comics

and issue 13+ from Superman

See easy wasn't it

Avatar image for deactivated-5a866cf8cdc22
    deactivated-5a866cf8cdc22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The reading order is read them as they come out, I think they just assume everyone is going to read everything and has been since the beginning. At least it's easy to figure out what came out at the same time since they all have the same numbering.

yotaman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By yotaman

thanks but i'm not just talking about superman. i talk about all of the new 52 in general. they all seem to collide at some point, for example, now that i read the ravagers #6 there is a reference to animal man and swamp thing which both i didn't read and don't want to start but now need in order to understand one piece of info in the ravagers #6 page 9 sixth panel... -_-

kingjoeg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#5  Edited By kingjoeg

Almost every title is it's own thing so you can start from issue 1 of any series. Some titles have crossovers like animal man and swamp thing. But you don't have to read both to enjoy the story.

xtremekidx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By xtremekidx

there is 'no' reading order to be honest...if you are talking about a particular event such as the current 'h'el on earth' or 'death in the family' crossover events,then you can find the reading order on this site.....if you have any problem,just search e.g"H'el on earth" and you should get the reading order for the event...hope it helped.

yotaman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By yotaman

ok. thanks guys. for now i think i'll manage.

tho, still feel bad it's not simple as mangas are.

sniffer71

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By sniffer71

Not a reading order as such, but this page gives an overview of all the New 52 comics across all 7 groups and 4 waves. http://comics.apphb.com/DCComics/AllTitles Also gives an indication as to what titles are in what crossovers. I hope this helps Nick

colonyofcells

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By colonyofcells

Start with Action Comics and Justice League.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.